So lentils and rice are actually bad for muscle building?

I thought I had it all figured out, but it turns out there are some things in lentils and rice that actually prevent you from absorbing protein. Is bodybuilding on a plant-based diet really a meme? I'm not that strict as a vegan, I don't care if I have to eat meat to build muscle just to clear things up. However I'd prefer to absord the least meat possible for the health benefits.

bogda

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.bulletproof.com/revenge-of-the-beans-tomatoes-potatoes-lectins/
livestrong.com/article/305368-list-of-foods-that-contain-lectin/
bodybuilding.com/fun/against-the-grain-how-wheat-wrecks-your-health.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19329389
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

citations pls.

Scientific proof the superiority of red beans and rice at last?

there are many articles on this, however I'm lazy, have this
blog.bulletproof.com/revenge-of-the-beans-tomatoes-potatoes-lectins/

All the references for that article are circular except for the one defining plant lectins.

It is also trying to sell me glucosomate supplements.

I don't think that's a good source user.

how about this?
livestrong.com/article/305368-list-of-foods-that-contain-lectin/

>reading article
>see list of foods with lectins
nigga what the fuck am I supposed to eat besides meat?

How about a scientific paper/website instead of a fucking blog? How about you learn how to read and understand scientific information before you shitpost?

Anyone got a quick rundown on this meme?

potatoes, tomatoes, all beans, certain cuts of meat, seafood, soy, all grains, name a vegetable, all contain a horrible toxin that causes arthritis, ibs, adhd, retardation, autism, cancer, AIDs, ebola, and genital warts.

If you buy one of the heavily marketed diet plans they will teach you how to avoid it in your diet.

>mfw i just made a massive pot of rice, lentils and chicken.

bodybuilding.com/fun/against-the-grain-how-wheat-wrecks-your-health.html

bogda bogda

I found this
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19329389

I was more making fun of the lectin thing.

The mechanism by which they believe wheat is bad for you is not the same there.

actually they all cause leaky gut, lentils, rice and red beans all bad, no more muscle, don't worry, you can retire your bodybuilding career and be my personal onahole

You didn't even read it, right?
>a total of 31 moderately malnourished 24 to 59 month old children convalescing from shigellosis were randomised to these three diets

This already makes the study completely irrelevant for healthy adults, but
>The results showed higher absorption of nitrogen and its balance from high protein diets whether derived from lentil or animal source, which may enhance tissue protein deposition. A lentil-based high protein diet, which is less expensive, may be useful for nutritional rehabilitation of moderately malnourished children.
This kills it

>This kills it
I don't think it does, though it is worded quite strangely, early on in the study they mention that kids that consumed a diet without lentils were developing better

well duh. they're still teaching big kids eating lentils how to poo in the loo.

Toothbrush, toothpaste powerhouse all right here it is powerhouse god damn it

Because lentils are pretty high in fiber and this can upset a little kid's intestine. In any case if they suggest lentils it means the difference is negligible. Again, you don't know how to read scientific papers

bump