Is there much genetic variation between the natives of the British Isles or are they just the same people speaking...

Is there much genetic variation between the natives of the British Isles or are they just the same people speaking different languages? (Welsh, Irish, English, etc.)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/science-environment-31905764
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abergele#Ethnography
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Irish, Welsh, and Highland Scots are basically genetically the same. English and Lowland Scots are also very genetically similar to the above groups but have slightly more Germanic admixture, mostly on the east coast.

Wouldn't the Irish have some Germanic admixture from the Viking era?

no

but that's fucking wrong you utter pleb. "The British Isles", in the fucking PLURAL, refers to both Ireland and Great Britain (as well as assorted minor islands). What you have marked as "The British Isles" is the island of Great Britain. As in, the largest island in the British Isles.

retard

The term British isles is a political, not Geographical.

Patrick pls.

>it's another genetics of Britain thread

Look, I'm OP and I'm Eastern European. I couldn't care less if it insults your sensibilities that I consider Ireland part of the British Isles. It's a simple term for the region and everyone I know uses it with no political intentions behind it.

It's not outwardly noticeable although the Y-DNA makeup is very Germanic in east and south England whereas west and northwest is pretty similar to Scotland and Wales

Another?

There's been multiple threads recently of G*rmanics LARPing as Britons

And? At least from what others pointed out there is significant paternal ancestry in south & east England from Anglo-Saxons and Nords.

Were the Bretons even a homogenous group before the Romans?

There's been thread after thread about it.
It usually devolved into shit

How is there such a huge difference across North Wales?

Probably, but not much compared to britain

britain got even more vikings, but also other germanics so makes sense that ireland is less affected by that

inbreeding

>Irish, Welsh, and Highland Scots are basically genetically the same.
wrong

bbc.com/news/science-environment-31905764
>A DNA study of Britons has shown that genetically there is not a unique Celtic group of people in the UK.

>According to the data, those of Celtic ancestry in Scotland and Cornwall are more similar to the English than they are to other Celtic groups.
Is what you should've quoted

They do, it’s just the same amount/type as wales and highland Scotland,
England and lowland Scotland also have the Anglo Saxons, so are at least twice as Germanic, probably more

Not that much. Like the differences in people of various areas of, say, Germany.

The eternal Anglo is actually the eternal Celt.

Then so are the French.

merely germanic-speaking celts

Silence Vandal

There's a village called Abergele where 2/5 of men have unusual Y-DNA mostly absent in other Brits.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abergele#Ethnography

I'm not sure if the Roman thing is true though.

Hol up, so you be sayin that uhh they wuz uh romanz n shieeeeetttt

More like Albanians

Yes. I mean, even phenotypically they're different if you look at large averages.

The Irish are the most purely Celtic, hence their superiority.

Icelanders are almost 60/40 Nordic and Celtic actually too as a side note. The early women there were overwhelmingly Scottish and Irish rape slaves.

Who lives on the Farrow Islands?

>etymology goes all the way back to secondary sources based on Massilian traders
>"The term British isles is a political, not Geographical."
t. James Smith, proud Irish-American

Your own image refutes you, moron. Note how "Ireland" is listed on this map of "the British Isles"

Itt: bog-brained Murpheys