How the hell are these women throwing around 4pl8 like it's nothing? are they on steroids?

how the hell are these women throwing around 4pl8 like it's nothing? are they on steroids?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=M8up6A4QesU
youtu.be/FjsxhlW3fHI
youtube.com/watch?v=AvrzgKsRnJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=VX8msgwF_nQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WK7m6I5m6gY&t=0s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bumper plates.. the whole bar actually weighs like 10kg.

>mixed grip clean

evrytim

Shitty crossfit plates

Wait, it's 4pl8 if you have 4 on oneside? I thought that would be 8pl8

>crossfit

its an axle, thats the only way to clean one since you cant use a hook grip

5kg plates, so in reality they are weak as fuck those axles could be really light too the axles at my gym are 8kg.

it's stupid

Everytime I point out chicks can lift huge weights (200kg) it sends guys on 4chin into a tiizzy.

sauce
m.youtube.com/watch?v=M8up6A4QesU

Each "plate" is only 10lbs

tell that to every competitive strongman who has ever done an axle clean and press

that's still 48 kg if what said is true about the bar. a 0.75pl8 ohp is pretty good for a woman

memes aside, this is a strongman lift isn't it?

also, why the fuck are they even attempting strongman shit?

its not an ohp though

>0:55
>"now jerk it"

kekekek
That's one way to make yourself an injury. Who the hell is teaching them to lift like that?

There's no fucking way that real skinny girl threw up 48kg

crossfit mixes everything, they are to fitness what MMA is to fighting.

It's revolutionary imo, atm it's a CNS burning death trap, but give it another 10 years and we will see superior training methods for athletes emerging, and the level of fitness overall in society to jump up.

The elite crossfitters are basically Ironmen and women (if you are Australian) or decathletes (if you are not). High level of fitness, mobility, strength, conditioning etc.

It's a positive change in society, definitely better than jazzercise and tae boe and the shit that was popular in the 80s and 90s.

It doesn't make it any less stupid if stupidly strong people do it.

48 kg weighs nothing.

this is just horrible.

the "elite" crossfitters are people who spent their entire lives training for other sports and getting strong and lean through other methods.

how would you do it then? its too thick for hook grip and too heavy and thick for double overhand
straps arent allowed

You mean "chicks" with higher T levels than most men?

It's a continental clean, it's strongman stuff. It's stupid but so are most of strongman lifts anyway. In crossfit they try to do all the possible disciplines of strength sports with way too many reps, too much weight, cheat reps and jumping inbetween. That's what makes it crossfit.

I wouldn't do it. Axle sounds good to train grip through rows and DLs, not to be cleaned.

that woman at 1:12 weighs that much herself probably if not less. so she just did a BW push press which is more than what some people on Veeky Forums can do KEK

>last place in competition
>wouldnt do the lift because it was "stupid"

No, crossfit promotes impatience and bad form. It's dangerous and the few people that can do it uninjured mangle the view on how lifting weights works to the general public.

I do continentals with a double overhand grip when I do them. You only need to mix your grip when it gets properly heavy, given I can axle deadlift 150kg double overhand it's not a limiting factor for me
>I am not a strongman and have never done it but I'll say it's dangerous and stupid anyway

IT BACK SNAPPENING

>strongman

not even once

>that video
>people actually do this
women are in it just for memes and attention what about those dudes? Are they're there for chicks? I see no other reason

just like the first guys doing mma.

it's in an experimental phase. people get injured because they are stupid and refuse to listen to their body.

Holy fuck. What's their goal? To lift the maximum possible in the shortest amount of time? That's ridiculous. Lifting, crossfitting, making a sportm etc., is a long term compromise. Just take your time, gezz

what a stupid manlet

No its not
MMA evolved from pitting arts against another over countless fights, then taking most effective practices.
Crossfit is devised by one guy mixing different exercises arbitrarily

>you are not allowed to critique strongmen if you don't participate in their competitions and place well in them
u wot

Crossfit STRONK.

A lot of crossfit are on roids, but that is nowhere near 4pl8 either.

The goal is to see who can snap their spine the fastest

I don't think they're trying to do continental cleans, I think their form is just that fucking horrible.

Crossfit is the most random non-goal oriented workout you could have. With no focus on progression, or mastery of lifts.

The elite crossfitters doesnt even follow WODs. They specialize their training. which means having a structured program with goals.

MMA did not take the most effective practices until deep into it's 2nd or 3rd decade.

BJJ and Wrestling are to MMA as
Oly Lifts and bodyweight exercises are to CrossFit.

growing pains, give it time.

Boxing didn't transition well into MMA because you're too top heavy in boxing and susceptible to a takedown. Powerlifting isn't transitioning well into CrossFit because deadlifts snap your back and most people can lift big ego weight doing oly lifts with proper technique.

Think of CrossFit as the first in a series of social changes towards a more athletic ideal for the average human being. Incorporating play activities, swimming, running, lifting into every day life. Most people stop all exercise out of college, crossfitters just want to get in decent shape (visible abs, good 15km run time, cleaning their own bw, doing pullups etc).

They take what works and ignore what doesnt. Heavy deadlift doesnt work, it doesn't do shit. Back squats are only useful to build a stronger front squat for your full cleans. Bench is virtually useless except as an assistance exercise for your OHP.

If you want to put up huge numbers you don't do crossfit, if you want abs and a better sex life, it's just an extreme sports version of yoga.

There's also some weird military fetish going on, with drill instructors, going to war, doing obstacle courses. I don't know where that comes from, probably a lot of white people guilty about not serving their country.

the lift is dangerous
there's no way around it

It's really not. Injuries from a continental are very unlikely, especially compared to other events like stones

>x is more dangerous than y, therefore y is not dangerous

The idea of crossfit is good, but the execution is awefull.
There is no structure. its inherently flawed.
You cant just scale weights up and down to accommodate different level of lifters.
They need different stimuli, recover periods, focus on lifts. Crossfit doesnt offer that, at all. Its like scaling SS for an elite lifter and just tell him to go heavy 3 times a week. It doesnt work like that.

Except Crossfit does do deadlifts. And very badly. Deadlifts are a huge part of it.
Not to mention they do fucking snatches, and half the things you see go wrong in crossfit originate from that. I've never seen a guy lose his ability to use his legs instantly doing powerlifting.

You're also comparing training multiple disciplines to basically using "heavy weights" as cardio. MMA has existed for a very long time - long before the current fad. And learning how to fight is or was always useful.

And we've also known how to get in shape and get strong for many many years as well. And it didn't involve doing highspeed snatches to near failure.

Weightlifting has been perfected. Cardio has been perfected. You're telling me that there's going to be some breakthrough in crossfit that makes it universally reknown when the basis of crossfit is using weights as cardio? How? How is this going to be accomplished safely?

Just because something combines multiple aspects, that doesn't mean crossfit is directly comparable. Especially when you can do the entirety of a crossfit program but without the "cardio" aspect.

It's called fucking weightlifting with set reps. Oh wait, I can also run. Oh no, I need to get more reps out of this weight, maybe I'll go to hypertrophy range and not be on a timer.

the problem with crossfit is there's highly technical exercises (oly lifts and their derivations), taught by inexperienced "coaches", and done for high weight AND time.

also, kipping pullups and dips are just a down syndrome little brother of the normal versions of the exercises.

i kind of agree with you that there should be a sport where you lift some weight, then run, cycle, swim, etc. something like a mixture of strongman, decathlon and triathlon, but it's not crossfit.

crossfit is a business, and while it looks like they wanted to make an ultimate sport to see who "the fittest man in the world" is, they still shill shitty "boxes", certs, memberships, etc.

Continued;
Xfit also fails to invidualise "programs"(WODs is not a program) People resond differently to lifting. In the beginner stage this doesnt matter much, but past the beginner stage it matters. And you compare xfit to MMA its not the same, at all.
Lifting got figured out 50-40 years ago. adding some cardio into that doesnt change anything. If they really wanted to achieve their goal it would be very simlare to strongman, with a bit more cardio focus.

Its nothing new, it doesnt bring anything new to te table. The only reason its populare and the only thing it does well is that its very social and can attract bigger masses of people.

You've never done anything in your life if you don't think deadlift and ohp are "functional" exercises but oly lifts are.

Snatches are useless in real life. Power cleans too. Clean and jerk is kind of useful but not really.

Deadlifts are good for picking shit up and not wrecking your back in a job or at home. OHP is good for holding stuff above your head and actually building shoulder strength. They have entire jobs that this would be helpful for, and it has a heavy emphasis on ceilings.

Pullups/dips are useful though. Just not the way that crossfit teaches them. Muscleups would be an addition.

And stuff like the landmine press where you will actually be in that position to push most of the time in life. Also the leg press is a more useful position than the squat, but that's just the position and the squat would help that anyway.

But...
Why? why not just use 10kg plates? why use large pretend plates? I don't understand.

i would wager more people have been injured deadlifting and benching by themselves in a gym, than going to a CrossFit place and the trainer fucking them up with bad advice.

You hear horror stories about everything, it's the internet. The point of crossfit is to take weak people (mentally, physically, lazy, unmotivated) and to turn them into strong and athletic for their age and size.

You can do this with just swimming, riding a bicycle, and bodyweight exercises. Crossfit creates an enviroment where people who are interested in building athleticism can get together and push each other. A gym is an environment where bros go to lift and women go to run on treadmills and lose weight.

It's apples and oranges, CrossFit or something like it IS the future solution to the health problems in America. It's getting people interested in building a good body, getting good nutrition, and being active outdoors.

It's obviously not for us, because we are experienced lifters, young, and have an athletic background generally.

It is for some 35 year old programmer, or a 41 year old engineer who are tubby and out of shape. No they won't get injured or snap anything, because these people are high IQ, have a large disposable income, and are pussies anyway, they quit long before risk of injury happens.

On a personal level, I think supersetting to fatigue is absolutely retarded and fries your CNS. But the idea of CrossFit as a brand, to promote health and fitness for middle aged people who are not particularly motivated is great, and it's far better than the other bullshit you see in the health and fitness industry.

Also CrossFit girls trigger my twink fetish, so I will allow it.

Those are probably 10 lb bumper plates. I'd be surprised if that is more than 100 lbs.

They are probably using the bumper plates because real lifters are using the 25+ lb bumper plates.

set's the height of the bar correctly so you can learn form. all oly lifts are done with the same diameter plates generally.

I bet you think globalization and no borders are good policies.

>CrossFit or something like it IS the future solution to the health problems in America.

lol no. most people dont even like that "training yourself into the ground" workout.
Yeah, there are many people doing crossfit, but compared to the rest of the normal population its still a miniscule minority.
Thinking it will be THE solution is stupid.
You NEED many different ways of lifing and exercising to get a higher% of the normal population active. If you think crossfitt is THE solution then youre delusional and fail to understand that people are different and need different stimulus to make them do something.

Which means you will never be able to capture everyone.

Have you heard about Cody Garbrandt? He a guy who recently outboxed the former champion.
MMA isn't about deciding whether an entire art is useful or not. It's more about meshing aspects together and testing on other fighters.
Crossfit competes by having everyone doing same exercises, but at different intensities. And these exercises are arbitrarily devised, without proof that it's more effective or safe than the conventional ones.
It is not some revolutionary change into fitness that you are so hoping, but just one of many trendy fitness routines.

This shit is brutal

youtu.be/FjsxhlW3fHI

I think CrossFit can go somewhere in the future maybe. But right.noe the idea of a bunch of newbies doing Olympic lifts for "time" is fucking ridiculous to me. I'm not even sure I'd be confident trying to speed through a bunch of clean and press sets and I've been lifting for years.

dominic cruz is past his time anyway with tons of injuries

the face on that guy at 1:56
"what am I doing with my life?"

>that stepover at 2:02
holy shit

i mean crossfit is 20min workouts with HIIT.

this gets results, even if you're jerking off.

no, his only injury now is inflamation in the tendons in his feet. which came from a year of doing nothing to suddently going straight into his old routine.

no its more like
>you are not allowed to critique anyone without providing a better option

some of this stuff is straight up suicidal.

most of it just looks bad optically, both of these guys for example are perfectly fine. Black guy falls backwards with the weight (correctly), this is one of the ways you can dump a failed clean, the other is to lean forward and get your legs out of the way, requires you to throw the weight and a bit more technique. The second guy just falls, but other than maybe a sprained ankle the weight bounces harmlessly and doesn't crush him in any way, because the plates clear his chest and body and hit the ground first.

Once your body fails and you fall with the weight, the harm is done.

All of those girls failing snatches, that's pretty common. You will drop the bar on yourself and get some bruising until you learn to properly control the weight and how to dump it correctly when you fail, it's a question of giving the bar enough momentum with a wrist flick so it falls off centre line one way, and then moving your body in the opposite direction.

I talk a lot of shit about how stupid snatches are in crossfit, but I think I'd be upset if they removed them.

There's not too many exercises that literally roll people away

Yeah. That's all good, but there's literally no reason for these people to be doing anything remotely related to weightlifting. They're uncoordinated, unathletic, and trying to start a sport that needs to be developed from a young age in their 30s.

it's pretty common to be in this position during back squatting for oly lifting assistance.

youtube.com/watch?v=AvrzgKsRnJ0

This video would give powerlifters nightmares, but these guys just train for two different things. A guy like Clarence wants to have full control of the weight throughout the whole movement, and really explode out of the very bottom because that's where you catch the weight in a clean, you can never full clean 200kg until you can backsquat far more than 200kg in the same deep manner.

youtube.com/watch?v=VX8msgwF_nQ

both are impressive, it's apples and oranges. One trains to move a ton, the other to control the weight so they can eventually push it up above their head.

Shut the fuck up Greg Glassman

I don't even know what "raw" means if you're allowed to use a belt and knee wraps

raw usually means without wearing a condom

i think it means no suit? not sure either.

youtube.com/watch?v=WK7m6I5m6gY&t=0s

Looks scary because of how much weight it is, but ATG squats are fine and so are parallel squats, do whatever you want to do.

These men and women would be better off learning to power clean and press their bodyweight in the long run. I don't understand why the olympics have such a hardon for this movement.

switch grip fuckes them all up every fucking time

this is a livng meme. a bunch of stupid women and skinny dyel guys liftin baby weight with shit form and accomplishing nothing. cross fit the video

Hahah. Those clips of people doing snatches and taking off running trying to find balance are great

You're not supposed to deadlift anything that's under a plate's radius length.

Wrong. You are not supposed to lift heavy weight above your head that is under a plate's radius. You can defiantly deadlift shorter plates and you can overhead press sub 135 lbs using shorter plates.

the guys that do crossfit get far more pussy than you ever will frequenting powerlifting or normal gyms lmao

well it's a great thing that I'm not a nigger isn't it.

That's #125 m8ty.

>mixed grip powercleans

>Using legs for momentum
USELESS
THOTS

A new class of athletic superhumans in wheelchairs

I wouldn't hate on CrossFit so much if it wasn't built around its shitty cult mentality. It's like the Scientology of fitness.

>everyone messing around with axle deadlifts at my gym
>100lb pl8s on each side plus whatever the bar is
>everyone mixed gripping
>go to double overhand it
>get two reps before shit flies out of my hands
whats the point of axle deadlift if you mixed grip it

They call them "continental cleans" in the strongman world, where cleaning things like axles is the norm

>They take what works and ignore what doesnt. Heavy deadlift doesnt work, it doesn't do shit. Back squats are only useful to build a stronger front squat for your full cleans. Bench is virtually useless except as an assistance exercise for your OHP.

are you imitating the crossfit perspective or do you actually think this way?

That's some terrible continental presses

>Snatches are useless in real life. Power cleans too
Anything beyond novice level strength training is "useless in real life."

It's an axle press, the continental is the technique for getting it to your shoulders. You actually don't need to continental unless it's either properly heavy or you're using a bigger weight, such as wheels, on the bar. Basically if your grip strength is too piss to power clean a 100kg axle, you probably focus on being fucking stronger before learning to continental

fucking horrible form. wtf

those plates can weigh anything, the gym i go to has the same size plates for 5kg,10kg,15kg,20kg and 25kg

dont assume that all "plates" weigh 45lbs

lol

All those people getting snatched away.

Do you not own a piano?
>my mate Dickey owns so many pianos and harpsichords that we just call him Mr Piano, he's a pretty big guy.