/BWG/

Who else does primarily calisthenics because they are too antisocial to tolerate gyms?

What about due to poverty?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t1ktnOI8Op0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>i only do one type of training

user... I'm sorry... it's autism

I did bodyweight today because I was feeling antisocial and I didn't want to leave the house

i do calisthenics simply because i enjoy it more than lifting

BUT like any intelligent man i used weights to build my physique 10x faster than calisthenics

I feel like this is me at least 50% of the time.

just get a cheap homegym

Started because of financial reasons, still going because skills are fucking awesome

Check and check OP. Started out a few years back because I was super poor, super autistic.

Now I'm a somewhat social, well paid software engineer, but I still do bwg because I can include it into my schedule no matter what kind of shit hits the fan in my life.

Medicine checking in, can confirm.

My career can never take away pull ups. I am a wild beast living in the hospital basement.

Yeah buddy! I'm about to get out of work and today is core day (bridges, leg raises, supermans, etc.). Great to be alive!

College student checkin in
Only do calisthenics because i like it more

its better than nothing

>too antisocial to tolerate gyms?
Gyms are antisocial. This makes no sense

>tfw my gym has a park with calisthenics stuff

I always laugh at the dyels without their shirts barely doing 4 pull ups and thinking their hot shit

The gym has rules made by normal retards, is populated by normal retards, and plays normal retard music.

> But the gym is antisocial, it just forces you into an environment laden with assumptions that you are a normal idiot!

That's not being antisocial, that's being a dick

To you its better than nothing
To someone that enjoys it the most its better than everything

> there is LITERALLY NOTHING WRONG with Taylor Swift!

learn the definition of antisocial

you're thinking of a-social

I wasted a lot of time on bodyweight training. Finally bought a flat Bench, and adjustable dumbbells, and have made tons of progress in 4 months.

enjoy being tiny

How does this happen? Ive been training for way over a year and i still find ways to challenge myself and stimulate my muscles.

Im 168lbs lean at 5'8". Do you think that is tiny?

He had no idea what he was doing, poor form etc

Probably just did 3 sets of 30 push ups and called it bodyweight training.

I do because in my shitty city there is only one gym and im scared to face normies who used to bully mne in school and other people who knew me.

What's the quickest way to do work up to being able to doing 80 pushups in a row? I can do about 20-30 now.

To save money, i love pullups and can workout in the park

Just finished.

Started doing tucked knee planches (knees hovering above floor, not lying on elbows) - 4x20s. Can still feel it in my back. Damn, feels good.

Try doing planche lean reps on a slippery floor. Good front delt workout and gets your shoulders stronger for planche.

whats the best bwg way to workout thighs/glut?

Besides running, been running everyday recently to stretch out my legs more and looking for something I can do quick and focus on every day

For quads pistol squats are the best.
For glutes and hamstrings GHR(glute and ham raise) is the best and much harder than pistol squats.

I've started doing pic related last week - thanks bro!. Using phone and shit to monitor my form.

>he doesn't lift at 3 AM at a 24 hour gym when no one is there and the owner let's you play your own music

LOL

Greasing the groove
or
the 100 pushups program.

GTG is more casual

How should I incooperate weights into my workout?

Right now, I just do lots of pull-ups, dips, push-ups, leg raises, calf raises, squats, swimming and climbing rope

Should I try to start squatting with weight or something?

Can you do squats with a heavy backpack or is that just stupid?

I do because I'm in peace corps and there are no gyms in the african village I live in

Why would it be stupid?

>Should I try to start squatting with weight or something?
no, Veeky Forums would never recommend something like that

>I'm in peace corps
That's what i'd say too if I was an african village nigger

It seems a bit stupid to add unnatural weight especially on already taxing excercise.

What's the best bodyweight exercise for triceps?

>unnatural weight
what?
Tricep extensions in a push up position. It can take you very far because you can slowly make it harder.

youtube.com/watch?v=t1ktnOI8Op0
Second exercise in the video

Dips

No

Thanks

bump

Does anyone elses wrists not agree with diamond pushups. When I try to do them it puts too much strain on my wrists and twists them in an unnatural postition. Am I just doing them wrong or are people who do them just fucking up their wrists?

i only do pullups, flip this one big old tire on abandoned garage, then jump over that same tire a few times and at the end i do some sprints
it takes like 20 minutes and i look like greek god, would reccomend

They hurt my wrists as well. Not to mention they are not half as good as tricep extensions.
pics?

if you're making a diamond with your hands stop doing that. do them with your hands close together but still facing outwards

Don't tell me what to do

povertyfag here

single-leg squats feel like hell on earth physically AND psychologically, and you gotta do like 60 reps total (30 per leg). everything else is fun as fuck to do.

keep your elbows in

I said DONT tell ME what to do. Didnt you fucking hear me the first time you piece of literal trash. I'll do what I WANT to do.

enjoy ur fucked wrists

that wasn't me though

Shut the fuck up pussy

3 sets of 4 pistols squats is good enough, bruh.

found the overweight depressed virgin who has nothing better to do than troll chinese weeb forums

Anyone please?

add in weighted squats+deadlifts
progress to weighted pullups/dips

bench can replace pushups, barbell rows can replace inverted rows if you want

You would have to address areas that bodyweight exercises are bad at.
So you'd need to train your lower back, legs, rear delts, traps and maybe maybe glutes with weights.

I do. I used to power lift and after a while I fucked my joints up from lifting heavy all the time. I heard training things like l-sit, planche and front lever strengthen your connective tissue so decided to do that for awhile at a slow pace to build them stronger.

I just never went back to power lifting. I also like how I am leaner and more explosive now then I was back then. Yet I eat more now and whatever I want like pizza and fires. Not sure how that works out but its pretty cool.

fries* damn autocorrect.

CHAD eats PIZZA while doing PLANCHE and looks LEAN and EXPLOSIVE while you eat broccoli and lift HEAVY just to look like a FAT MANLET

i do cuz i heart my back on ohp

>5'8"

Yes

Where can you buy a horizontal bar like in OPs pic?

you'd probably have to build one yourself.