Fitness Redpills Thread

ITT: Dump redpills and blackpills about fitness to try and stop so many deluded newbies from shitting up Veeky Forums
>you don't grow in the gym, you grow when you're recovering
>the importance of rep ranges is hugely over-exaggerated
>you cannot gain permanent muscle mass without getting stronger, even elite bodybuilders focus on strength progression but with submaximal loads usually (for example Kai Greene is rarely seen training with "heavy" weight but can bench close to 600lbs)
>abs are made in the gym and revealed in the kitchen
>as a natty training frequency (how many times a week you train a muscle to a point where it triggers protein synthesis) is more important than training intensity or volume for growth
>not all calories are equal and not all carbs/proteins/fats are equal, things like TEF and glycemic load matter for body composition
>bulking as a natural after your first 1-3 years of serious lifting will mostly cause bodyfat gains and not much else even at fairly modest deficits with mostly clean foods
>the natty limit is probably lower than you think it is, most fitness personalities and top level athletes use some sort of PEDs and the rate at which your body can gain muscle mass and strength decreases as you gain more of both
>to add to the last point, PED usage (not just AAS and GH but also stuff like PHs and SARMs) is much more widespread than you think, even in softcore commercial gyms
>most supplements are useless or much less effective than they claim to be
>a basic PED cycle is usually cheaper than the equivalent amount of time's worth of supplements
>leanness is generally more attractive than size to heterosexual women assuming you have some basic amount of muscular development
>lifting doesn't cure autism

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GurL-EflShY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

*fairly modest surpluses

>stonglifts and starting strength do not have nearly enough volume to gain size

The reason you cant get girls isnt because youre not Veeky Forums its because you have no social circle

Here's another one:

Don't count the bar, only the weights on the side.

> 5x5 squats 3 times/week isn't high volume

what did he mean by this

>lifting doesn't cure autism

What does

vitamin d supposedly helps alleviate some symptoms of autism

death

nothing, you can act alpha but you will always be an autist deep below

This is the most important one. People on here think they will make panties drop with their gains. More girls will approach you, sure, but then they're gonna realize how autistic you are and leave.

What if I'm not actually actually autistic but like can't talk to girls

>tfw girls always act really interested when they first meet me but go cold as soon as they see how dead my social media is

Kys you cunt. You are the problem.

>the natty limit is probably lower than you think it is
In my experience, most people think the natty limit is way less than it is and accuse everyone of roiding left and right. When you look at those 1930s bodybuilders, you can see that the natty limit is pretty high, and it's probably easier to get close to it with modern science.

HEIGHT FACE FRAME

What if you do have a social circle, are fit, and still can't get girls

>as a natty training frequency (how many times a week you train a muscle to a point where it triggers protein synthesis) is more important than training intensity or volume for growth
>bulking as a natural after your first 1-3 years of serious lifting will mostly cause bodyfat gains and not much else even at fairly modest deficits with mostly clean foods

source? sounds like you're not satisfied with your personal results OP

>go cold as soon as they see how dead my social media is
That's pretty dystopian.

>6'1
>6.5ish
>medium

What now

This. Does anyone have a guide on how to make a social media account so women will want to fuck you?

I hate social media, but it seems to be necessary if you want to get laid these days.

dude those men literally lived for fitness and trained all their fucking lives since they were children

when you say how easy it is you're talking to fatasses who started lifting in their 20s and don't really give a shit about training

u ugly

At least at university having a Snapchat helps with girls a lot. I just hate it so much I can't bring myself to redownload it, but I honestly don't think that's why I'm not getting laid.

Yeah I'm just saying that I see people accusing some big guy for you of using steroids and whatnot, when the guy obviusly lives for fitness too. And I'm not saying it is easy at all.
>since they were children
Does that affect their natty limit though? It's not like those sports where you'll never be a professional unless you started when you were 4 years old.

What to do if you're so boring/autistic you can't talk to guys or girls?

Seconded

You actaully start doing shit and sort yourself out
If youre enthusiastic about anything people will pick up on the energy

>literally can talk about cooking and cuisines for hours

T. T-Rex mode

Are you serious? Unless you're 18, girls don't give a shit about social media. I deleted it sophomore year of uni, and girls actually liked that more. They said they want to delete it but can't bring themselves to do it, and it made me more mysterious/hipster or some shit
Honestly though I couldn't stand 90% of all the vapid shit in my timeline so it helped out my social standing while also made me hate these same girls less because I wasn't inundated with their worthless posts

t. phone poster

Samefag here adding on,
Snapchat and tinder are my only social medias. Using a fake fb with no friends for tinder. Rarely post to my snap story but when I do, it's never selfies and it's always doing something adventurous/artsy/intellectual or something like that. Think of it like applying for a job, figure out what attributes and qualities girls like then either show those off or fake it til you make it.
For example, every basic bitch loves hiking, lattes, and a smart, attractive dude. So I'll post to my story a cappuccino next to my book at a coffee shop, me at the park with my dog, or my feet hanging off a ledge of a hike. Girls bring it up all the time, saying "omg your life looks like so much fun/you're so interesting we should do something sometime" when in reality I do these activities once a week and play vidya or watch movies 95% of my free time.

>most of what you think you know about roids is momscience bs on the same level as "protein powder will ruin your kidneys"

youtube.com/watch?v=GurL-EflShY

which side tho?

Great post, have some reddit gold, freind.

> Sleep in noiselessness and complete darkness, if there's no alternative you can use earplugs and a sleep mask; get to bed early and sleep for an uninterrupted 7-9h
> be clear about your goals, you can be strong but ugly
> whey is the only supplement that you really should use
> if you squat too much, you will get severe chafing between your legs and may walk funny
> if you gain mass, you will eventually get stretch marks
> cutting is a lot harder than bulking for most natties, don't "dirty bulk"
> do cardio on off days, don't do it for longer than an hour, jogging in the forest is the best

The inside

1.If you think he's not natural then he's not natural.

2.You've never once seen an college aged or adult natural pro athlete. Not once, not ever.

3.Any bodybuilder or fitness personality who screams at people about "NOT PUTTING IN THE EFFORT" or "NOT WORKING HARD ENOUGH" are retarded. Naturals can not exercise as hard as they can. They don't have the recovery capacity, energy reserves, or will power that they get from their daily ass injections.

4.Going hard with exercise will see good results, but it will have real visible diminishing returns. And you will bonk and have to spend 50% of the time you spent busting balls to fully recover from the aforementioned training.
Going hard should be kept to a minimum and only to push yourself over a hump or prepare.
It's a very useful tool in a big tool box.

5.There is litterally nothing wrong with fasting and going without food. Nothing. It is healthy as fuck, but some people take that as a cue to forgo eating forever because that's somehow healthier/fulfills some deep fucked up need inside of them.

6.A natural can not, can not, can not put on mass without getting strong, nor can they get truly strong without putting on mass. Anyone who tells you otherwise is trying to sell you a retarded mindset that will see you hitting a wall and eventually injuring yourself.

7.If an exercise doesn't feel right then don't fucking do it. Exercise is supposed to help you get better as a person. Not be something to slavishly follow because a bunch of fucking losers define themselves by how they workout.

8.There is a hard limit to how strong and how much muscle you can build as a natural. You can't bully that limit with overfeeding or ego lifting. And selling new lifters on the lie of infinite strength and mass gains and limitless PRs and GAINZ are asshollery.

9.You can't out exercise a piss poor diet. The idea that you can reward yourself for burning 150 calories with a 750 calorie slice of pizza is bad.

>as long as you get all your nutrients and have fat on your body, there is nothing wrong with starving yourself

> 5x5 bench press
> 5x5 OHP
> 5x5 barbell row

what on earth is high volume for you then? 5x20 bench with 95lbs?

wouldn't surprise me considering most aestheticsfags

not yet ready to take the ultimate red pill desu

in time my son

29 year old here. Is that really a thing now? You guys have it rough. You used to be able to fuck a girl by buying her a drink and talking to her.

>masturbating has zero negative effect on gains
>alcohol and soft recreational drug use in moderation has negligible effect on gains
>nutrient timing means almost nothing if you're natty

>le high reps must mean light weight meme

5x5 bench once or twice a week alternating with OHP is not a lot of upper body volume

on the other hand 5x5 squats 3x a week is a crushing amount of lower body volume

SL is a fucktarded squat myopic program written by a total mongoloid who suggests you squat for bigger arms

A psychologist og youre not literally aspie

You mean SS don't you? Cause rippletoe and his cronies outright state that curling is for faggots and men squat A LOT.

I've had girls add me on facebook in clubs, tell me to message them later then unfriend me

they do no such thing

Rippetoe suggests barbell curls, and states that you should do them like he does (when nobody is watching at the end of the session)

Medhi on the other hand is a complete fucking retard and actually thinks squatting will grow your biceps (because muh growth hormone full body etc. broscience that has been debunked about 200 times)

Rippetoe is pretty dogmatic but he's not a complete fucking retard, he actually knows some things about training and has some credibility

Is masturbating during the post workout testosterone rush really ok?
Thats why everyone recommends SL/SS with accesories.

>>as a natty training frequency (how many times a week you train a muscle to a point where it triggers protein synthesis) is more important than training intensity or volume for growth
Pls tell optimal natty frequency. Ppl 6 days a week?

>Lifting for strength will bring aesthetic gains ONLY if you compliment compounds with high volume accessories
>You don't need to bulk to gain strength, especially if you are a novice lifter
>Drinking enough water will help you get lean and increase energy levels
>Buying new clothes and making small "lifestyle improvements" will do more for your confidence than increasing lifts

you can go as high as EOD (or even ED with something like Bulgarian but that's not ideal for growth or recovery) but hitting each muscle group 3x a week is usually cited as the best frequency for natties and can be done with full body 3x a week or upper/lower or push/pull 6 times a week

1.He and his outright fucking STATED that squats will give you fucking bigger biceps because of testosterone and other bullshit.

2.You even say that he pisses on curls and hates the upper body focused exercises of curl bros.

Want to know the most ironic part? Upper body workouts ACTUALLY BOOST FUCKING TESTOSTERONE!! Lower body workouts have relatively few androgen receptors compared to the upper body and that is why you can squat all fucking day.
You are litterally pissing away your gains on getting big useless thighs because some geared up cunts who never once had to worry about running out of test to keep muscle mass going because they get their test from a fucking bottle.

>protein shakers and blender balls are a scam

seriously, I've been using a mason jar that mixes the powder faster than anything else I've tried

No. I'm 22 but I want to fuck 18 year old freshman girls who value stupid shit like Instagram followers.

Yeah but my shaker was 4$ and I use it as a cup all the time anyway

Check out this faggot.

>Buying new clothes and making small "lifestyle improvements" will do more for your confidence than increasing lifts

This one is spot on.

>He and his outright fucking STATED that squats will give you fucking bigger biceps
where has this been debunked?

Is suicide/death the final red pill?

If your lifts aren't at least 405/315/495, even with shitty ass genetics, you're nowhere near anything even close to a natty limit.

If you aren't at least 190 lean (at an avreage height) you are nowhere near anything even close to a natty limit.

all you need is pullups/pushups/dips/cable crunches and running/stair master

>he thinks training androgen RECEPTOR dense muscles increases testosterone

I see what you did there...

I genuinely don't know what you mean, there's scientific research backing that up just google "vitamin d autism"

AccessoriesAccessoriesAccessoriesAccessoriesAccessoriesAccessoriesAccessoriesAccessoriesAccessoriesAccessoriesAccessoriesAccessoriesAccessoriesAccessoriesAccessoriesAccessoriesAccessoriesAccessoriesAccessoriesAccessoriesAccessories

You know that androgen is the opposite of estrogen, right?

t. 3 months of lifting

You know what the word receptor means right?

>I hate social media, but it seems to be necessary if you want to get laid these days.
The opposite is true, just so you're aware.

idk if this is true. Either way you have no friends

More sensitive androgen receptors plus excess testosterone from lifting = more androgen receptors and greater test boost.

Over trained legs plus severly undertrained upper body = bitchmode.

You thought squatting gives you bigger biceps because the tiny amount of test released from SQUATS was reabsorbed by the relatively minor amount of androgen receptors in the legs.

Well, have fun with all of your natural test being tied in keeping your massive thighs swole. I'm sure the bitches will be impressed.

Well, everywhere.
The test produced is produced locally, apparently and is reabsorbed into that part of the body.

k...

>not befriending your gravemates
NEVER gonna make it

One way of getting lots of vitamin d is being in sunlight, so being outside. The joke is that it's not actually the vitamin d curing the autism, but going outside instead of beint a shut-in, at least as far as I can tell.

>fitness forums are, for the most part, giant crab buckets

Bravo. Here is your (You) sir.
Although next time (>)>greentext

congrats you read the sticky

old guy/oldfag here with some
>I was always lean lean lean until i hit about 35 and started packing muscle
>Now I can add 4 inches on my chest in 1 month, if I work it hard
>as for soc media, as you get older you find it is just for insecure people for the most part.
>use - FB for basically nothing, just a way to seem social to old friends and distant family
>Snap to communicate with my younger coworkers and like neices and nephews and shit
>Twitter is my professional feed, Basically humble bragging work accomplishments and liking/retweeting things that bring me professional status.
>Insta is mostly for my hobbies, music and cooking and vintage hifi equip
>Tinder is for fucking 24 year olds with daddy issues that want me to hold their held in the toilet while ass fucking them.
>my main social media is shot of crown royal and a Sweetwater 420 chaser. Seems to work just fine .

Bodybuilding as a natty is a waste of time

Strength training is far more fun and motivating

This is bait.
Before my shaker my protein was all clumpy and shit, now it's nice'n'smooth. However you like it I guess.

>things like TEF and glycemic load matter for body composition
What's a TEF?

You'll hit the wall with strength training only LONG before you hit the wall with bodybuilding.

Implying that a natural can bodybuild or strength train, as if we can do one without the other, is a mindset that destroyed modern weight lifting forever.

Naturals can not do either, they have to do both. Anyone who tells you otherwise is damned to failure idiot or a gearheaded fuckwad who hopped on the moment they realized that they had piss poor genetics and even worse work ethic.

Thermic Effect of Food.

>Snapchat and tinder are my only social medias.
but you ARE using social media you dipshit.

Thank you

natty strength training = natty bodybuilding

>>leanness is generally more attractive than size to heterosexual women assuming you have some basic amount of muscular development

Never understood why Veeky Forums doesn't get this concept.

They thought you were attractive enough to lead on but not attractive enough to publicly know.

Cancel that. I hit 295x5 on bench today and felt like I could have fornicated with our lord and savior Donald Trump if he were around.

Mysterious creatures, those girls, right?
You talk about women like we're from a different planet lol
Just don't be an asshole, talk now and then, don't sperg lutz and ka-ching, you got yourself a girlfriend

literal perfection of the female form

Boy oh boy do I hate everyone ITT

Everything OP said is correct except his claiming the natty limit is less than you think. Everyone has different genetics. Rich Piania's natty limit was bigger than most can achieve on steroids. It depends on your genetics.

To add to op

>overtraining

Is a lie. Are you afraid you will put on too much muscle?

Bodybuilding is such a simple sport.

If you want a muscle to get bigger, fuck it up as hard as you can, fuck it up until that muscle is so sore it's throbbing and twitchy.

Want big triceps? Do a tricep rope pulldown supersets as fast and as furious as you can for 10 years, combined with proper nutrition.

You will have big triceps.

Barbell movements are great too, but doing rows is going to make your back big. It's not gonna make your calves big.

Stop worrying about routine, any sort of autism and shit like that and just fuck up your muscles, go home, and feast.

The more muscles you fuck up the better.

But make sure you eat something with sugar to stimulate insulin production, like berries or tomatoes.

Bodybuilding is all nutritional science, particularly watching your insulin levels through food.

Routine doesn't fucking matter, just train until you wanna throw up.

how fit can I get as an overweight guy doing a body weight routine while cutting to not be an overweight guy?

>4x5 pull ups
>2x10 push ups
>2x60sec planks

and my leg routine is just carrying my fatass around all day.

>you need to have social media to get laid

Yep you guys are acting pretty autistic.

Never take advice from a woman, What they say they want and what they really want are two completely different things

everyone says that until they see regular, unedited pics of the same girl

You're resting too much, I could knock that out with 90%+ 1RM weights in 30 minutes

The natty limit is higher then people think, depending on genetics..

You'll only put modest amount of muscle on while bulking anyway? I don't see the point in this? But you'll still get big by repeating the cycle of bulking and cutting..

Women are surprisingly individuals and as such have different taste in men, but mostly prefer personality, this is why ugly but nice people get fit girls and most of Veeky Forums are forever alone because they're retarded assholes..

That's not how it works.
From my experience the most important thing is your reputation. Her prior expectation defines the way she perceives you so heavily that you can have won or lost from the outset based just on that. I think that's also why people whose central asset is being good with people tend to do good with girls. Maybe that's even sensible from an evolutionary perspective. Nothing is as useful to man as man.