/keto/

Let's talk K E T O S I S.

Is it normal to sweat less and wake up thirsty when you're under keto diet for over a week?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ROgU5FZDmsU
youtube.com/watch?v=C_nqGqK1Kpg
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27479196
bmj.com/content/314/7074/112
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0025619615003195
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0026049584902282
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>keto

You have to go back.

>>>/reddit/

Depends, what do you mostly eat?

Are you saying keto doesn't work? I've been on piana keto for a month now, lost 2lbs AND I have a ben & jerrys every night before bed.

Isn't it that one diet where your brain starts to eat itself or something?

no

S O N T H O F E N

O

N

T

H

O

F

E

N

>ketard redditor gets nervous when exposed
>irrelevantly babbles an anecdote as if it is somehow superior to the millions of other anecdotes of other generic fad diets
funny every time

>tfw just polished off my third tub of ben and jerrys and about to get started on a cheesecake, looking forward to eating an xl pizza on my cheat day tomorrow
who else here /Piana keto/

Why do keto when you can do paleo?

>2lbs of water weight lost after a month of keto

please go back to plebbit.

Why do paleo when you can do mediterranean?

It's normal to wake up with a dry mouth if your cutting. It's because your body used up all its excess water burning fat while you slept and you haven't drank anything to replenish it for 8 hours because you were asleep.

Why do mediterranean when you can do IIFYM?

>killing yourself with wheat
No thanks, m8.

>wheat kills you
fuck off hippy

You do have to be more careful about water. You are retaining way less than normal so just be like having a bit of water all the time.

It is, it also causes ketoacidosis and severe metabolic damage.

Ketoacidosis is a whole other ball game to plain ketosis bro.

Best diet, cured my puffy and bleeding rectum from all these shitty carbs... Also, less acne. NO MORE LOVE HANDLES.

Intuitive eating is the best. Eat clean. Hope your gut flora changes in composition. Trust yourself and exercise self control. Forever fit.

I'm trying keto and haven't shit in like 4 days, what do? I feel a little bit like I need to but can't go for shit.

Why do mediterranean when the fish and oil are negatives that are overcome by the benefits of a plant-based diet. Just eat a plant-based diet.

Drink more water, it will happen shitting less is pretty common on keto.

Keto is the only diet I can stick with and not feel hungry 24/7

Do you eat veggies enough, you need 7-10 ounces a day

>keto
>generic fad diet

What do you eat from ben & jerrys?

Why not Intermittent Fasting?

>do keto
>blood turns into acid

t-thanks Veeky Forums

What, really?

Yes.

Actually, yes.

>whole other ball game

Uh, no, it's the same thing just to a lesser degree.

ketosis is a carb-starving diet, in normal conditions the brain takes glucose for energy but when there is none/little left it triggers the liver to convert free fatty acids from adipose tissue (fat) into ketones, the brain's back up energy source

the main drawback to this is turning your blood more acidic, it's not really a healthy diet

>not wanting acid blood

both incorrect

A year ago you would be correct, but I've lost 100 pounds most of it while on keto. All my bloodwork has improved significantly too. You are poorly informed.

no one is doubting a keto diet loses fat

I'd love to see some citation that says your blood becomes acidic because to me that sounds like some meme tier Veeky Forums posting

if you seriously want to know look up the TCA cycle and what happens glycogen/glucose are depleted

source: any biochem book

You pee a lot on keto so you gotta drink enough water to not get dehydrated.
I take a fiber supplement as well as get my carb allotment from veggies. Recommend you do the same.

go figure you aren't going to back up your claims, save your self the effort and just don't post next time.

I LOVE CARBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

ps I'm not a fatty so i don't need a specific diet

DELETE THUS RIGHT NOW AAAHHHHHHH

I just told you, this is basic metabolic information. It's up to you to look it up

or don't I don't really care

It's basic biochemistry. Your body shouldn't be in a state where you utilise ketone bodies.

I want to eat 100g of protein a day for a month. 4 servings of protein powder gives me enough of this. With supplements, would this be safe for someone with over 30% bodyfat?

I've been cutting since november and down 50 pounds, but I want even faster results. At 230 right now and gonna try out this diet of only protein powder and supplements for a week.

Why the fuck do you fatties insist on damaging yourselves this way. Jesus it'd probably be healthier just to stay fat. You need to do it RIGHT. You need to do it slow and steady with DISCIPLINE not insane stupid crash dieting on protein powder. Aeghfjfnjdjdjd

I'm doing it now.

>do keto
>become a xenonorph

Wew

Same here

If I just eat "normally" but just less calories I cant control my hunger and always fuck up

that's the point, fat releases leptin which gives you the feeling of being full

2lbs in a month is fucking pathetic

>keto diet
>ben and jerrys

lol

>do keto
>become Red Lantern

THANKS Veeky Forums

I eat a plant-based diet. All the raw food I can stomach, and some limited refined foods throughout the day.

Keto is a crash diet. Work on lifestyle changes or you'll gain it all back like everyone on the biggest loser.

youtube.com/watch?v=ROgU5FZDmsU

youtube.com/watch?v=C_nqGqK1Kpg

Not gonna work and a waste of money m8. Ditch the powder and supplements, u can eat eggs and bacon all day and lose more fat. That is the beauty of keto

Bump

Is it normal to be tired and run down on keto?
All of my lifts went down by at least 30lbs and I can't run more than a mile. I don't feel tired but I'm physically weaker

The only people who bitch about keto are the ones who cant do it lmao. They try it but end up being too weak willed so they start crusading against it, because it must be keto's fault and not theirs.

t. lost 100lbs on keto and have been the pinnacle of health for the past 2 years, still doing keto.

Yes. You're lighter and have very limited energy for middle-duration stuff.

30lbs is pretty harsh though unless you're very strong or very heavy.

yes, ketones arn't as efficient for energy as carbohydrates

Yes, although if you aren't correctly supplementing your electrolytes it will feel even worse.

>Is it normal to be tired and run down while starving myself?
>Is it normal to be tired and run down while consuming inordinate amounts of saturated fats and very little fiber which the human body was never meant to endure?

How do I go about doing that?

you need 5000mg sodium, 1000mg potassium, and 300mg magnesium every day

>very little fiber
you're uninformed lmao, you can eat as much fiber as you want on keto.

Drink stock

You should eat plenty of fibre on keto (for your anus sake if nothing else), but people rarely do. Blame it on individual stupidity and/or the people shilling it as the bacon and eggs diet, whichever you'd prefer.

>5g sodium every day

this nigga memeing

nice save, almost looked like an idiot there

How the fucl do you guys cram so many veggies into tour keto diets
By the time I get my protein and fat in via sausage, turkey bacon and chicken breast I've only got a few hundred calories left for the day
What the best calorie-macro-satiety efficient veggies?

How can you get significant amounts of fiber on keto exactly?

it's true, your body functions completely different while in ketosis. you pee a shit ton more and need to drink a ton more water, of course you'd need more electrolytes.

5g sodium isn't a number i pulled out of my ass, do your research lmao

People really negligent fiber and I has great benefits but ohhhh no you need that vitamin c oj loaded with crap ton of sugar

eh, results may vary on keto

personally I didn't notice shit until about 3 months of strict keto, at which point my saliva started to smell like bleach and my hair started to smell like rotting fruit.

imo, that's the point where you start incorporating carb ups after lifting, no one should have to smell weird

leafy green vegetables ofc

Green beans, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Brussel sprouts.

I usually pair them with a meet and rotate them out.

Chicken and green beans
Pork and cauliflower/broccoli
Steak and brussel sprouts

etc, etc.

Veggies. Especially the leafy green sort.

Anyone who tries to do keto without their greens is in for a world of rectal dysfunction, amongst other things.

just eat a whomping fuckton of spinach

that shit wilts down really small so you can get your micros in easily

other options: broccoli, asparagus (steam that shit with butter), romaine lettuce in salads, fuck just eat anything green and douse it in kerrygold

I was retarded and learned this the hard way. Boipussy felt tore and sore for a few days.

I've never seen keto advertised as eat lots of bad fats + leafy greens. Usually just the eat bad fats part.

Yeah. That's the problem. There's other potential issues (some people have their blood lipids blown to shit on the diet even if they do everything right, for example) but misinformation like that is the big one.

You get the vast majority of your macros from fatty meats (or other animal products) on keto but the fibre and micros have to come from somewhere. I'm not sure its a 100% healthy longterm diet even with those but it certainly ain't if you drop the greens.

Most leafy greens have low NET carbs. Digestion has to take place. Body has to expend energy to digest the greens, thus 10 carbs is actually 3 or 4. Something like that. Basically eat some greens

It's less about the energy expenditure on digesting the greens and more to do with the fact that much of the carbs in green veggies are actually fibre, which is indigestible and so doesn't matter for carb intake or calorie counting.

Unless somehow you can digest cellulose.

ye im about to go to buffalo wild wings god damit because everything else is closed cause im working so hard and lose track of time CMON

>I'm not sure its a 100% healthy longterm diet
Keto is absolutely NOT a longterm diet. Do not attempt to use it for anything but weightloss or you will cause significant harm to your arteries pumping yourself full of saturated fats and animal proteins at that rate.

>High animal protein intake was positively associated with cardiovascular mortality and high plant protein intake was inversely associated with all-cause and cardiovascular mortality, especially among individuals with at least 1 lifestyle risk factor. Substitution of plant protein for animal protein, especially that from processed red meat, was associated with lower mortality, suggesting the importance of protein source.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27479196

>isocaloric increases in saturated fat intake were associated with highly significant increases in low density lipoprotein cholesterol
bmj.com/content/314/7074/112

>Dietary intake was assessed by the food frequency questionnaires (FFQs) every 4 years
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0025619615003195

>395 dietary experiments (median duration 1 month) among 129 groups of individuals.
>non-athletes
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0026049584902282