Can you expect any aesthetics from it?

>Can you expect any aesthetics from it?

What the fuck are you even talking about

for me:
bench, dl, ohp, squat

still at 90 kg bench when ohp is 62.5kg. 140 dl (just today) and 125 kg squat

dunno, i just suck at benching i guess. cant seem to progress on that bitch

Yes and yes.

I found 4pl8 diddylift the hardest for me, and I hit it last, but I used to have form issues on account of my freaky long legs and small torso.

Easy to hard for me: 3pl8 squat, 1pl8 ohp, 2pl8 bench 4pl8 Diddy.

i'm lifting for 14 months now, if i had a clue at the beginning i think it would be possible in 12 months. aesthetic wise i can't comment, am 20-25% bf but people noticed that i got bigger

easiest
OHP
Bench
Skwat
Dead
hardest

possible in 12 months if focusing on strength, avoidance of injuries, and motivated.
Aesthetics and strength are not highly correlated. If you get it in 12 months you will likely be overweight, but if you train for aesthetics and eventually reach 1/2/3/4, then you will be aesthetic.
tl;dr
>you get what you train for. eat, you pussy

>Is it possible in 12 months?
yes

>Can you expect any aesthetics from it?
no, see picture. I'm at 1/2.25/3.5/4.5 and look like shit.

>Rank 1/2/3/4 in order from Most Difficult>Least Difficult
depends on your body. lower body lifts might just be a little easier.

Squat,bench,OHP,deadlift

it depends entirely on anthropometry, muscle origins/insertions, etc.

this user has short limbs relative to height, i can almost guarantee you that

this guy too

compare this to my experience:
405 deadlift first, then 315 squat months later, then 500 deadlift, then 135 ohp, and then finally 225 bench

whether or not you can do it in 12 months depends entirely on your starting point, athletic background, and above all your genetic draw

Hardest: 4 plate deadlift
2 plate bench
3 plate squat
Easiest: 1 plate OHP

The 3 plate squat is easier if you don't ever skip doing squats. If you do then you might hit 2 plate bench quicker.

I don't think you look like shit desu

Easiest to hardest for me
OHP=Bench>Dead>>>>Squat
hit them all well within 12 months though

this is pretty irrelevant

it depends on your relative segment lengths which one you will find easy/hard

I have been lifting for precisely one month today. 6'3 84kg/~190lbs? My lifts for 3x5 are:
Ohp 35kg = barely 0.5pl8
Bench 1pl8
Squat 80kg = 1.5pl8
Deadlift 90kg 1.75pl8 (1x5)

In general I've been careful rather than gone all out, I think for sure I could lift more on all but ohp if I went for it but I want to be patient and get the form down.
Especially deadlift, I didn't progress it at all last session because my form was trash, but I've been watching videos, reading guides and shit so if I've got the hang of it I might just hit 2pl8 next time.
Ohp is even lower than it should be because I missed a rep 2 workouts in a row so I didn't go heavier than 35kg. Then I had one more go before just deloading, remembered to rest 2mins+ between sets and I hit 3x5 easy peasy, so I don't know what was happening there.
Rate my 1 month progress Veeky Forums
1/2/3/4 within a year?

Started 3 months ago from

0.5/1.5/2.5/3

Currently at 1/2/2.75/4

All I did was a variation of PPL 3x a week

you started at a 120kg squat but have progressed only 10kg in 3 months?

My mistake. Meant 1.5 plates

It really varies depending on build and past experience.
>I could do the 1pl8 OHP when I started
>built steadily to the 2pl8 bench in a few months
>tried 335 on a squat randomly and got it(pic related)
>Never DL’d more than 365. It’s not too hard, it’s just terrible form on my part. And I’m stubborn and refuse to use belts, bands, or anything but double overhand.

So for me it was 1-2-3-4 in terms of ascending difficulty

For me it was in pairs, squat and deadlift at the same time, and bench and OHP at the same time.

But I was almost at 4/5 by the time I got 1/2

Long arms and weak shoulders.

4 plate deadlift is the hardest for sure.
3 plate squat comes next.
2 plate bench took me a year and a half.
1 plate ohp wasn't hard at all. I'm almost at 2

All depends on your proportions you fucking mongaloids

>500 lb DL before 2 plate bench

4 ft arms detected

+
Took me under a year to get 315x5 and 405x5 on them while it took me a almost 1,5 years to get the OHP and bench for 1 rep.

Did 1, and then 2. Will probably eventually get 4. Won't ever get 3, not in a million years.

Ya you look good brother, a lot of Veeky Forums is memers, you could obviously improve, but still look good.

Not for me, I hit 5 plate DL about the same time I hit a 2plate bench.

How many reps is 1/2/3/4? One rep max? 5 reps? 8 reps?

It's whatever you want it to be

you're not wrong

very long femurs and legs in general too, i look like irl gondola

I don't really know about 1/2/3/4, is it just a goal for strength or for people who work out for asthetics too?

If I'm counting correctly, then:
1pl8 ohp (70kgs) - I have it as my 1RTM in 5/3/1 this month, wish me luck
2pl8 bench (120kgs) - probably after holidays
3pl8 skwat (170kgs) - Sept/Oct most likely
4pl8 dl (220 kgs) - at the end of the year

of course if I don't stall dramatically, but I have hope in muh 5/3/1

2pl8 is 100kgs lad

the average gymbro who works out for aesthetics can't squat 3 plates or deadlift 4.

there are some people who work out for aesthetics and still look at their strength values though

plate refers to 20kg plates not 25kg

There are also people who work out for aesthetics but don't realise they can't make gains that way without roids so they look the same year round

Average curlbros can definitely do 4 plate ya slag

is 1/2/3/4 based off your 1rm or 5rm?

I'll keep that in mind, I'm looking good, but most of what I do is high volume workouts training the muscle to grow rather than conditioning the CNS.

thats some joocy body dysmorphia senpai

nah

1pl8 is the 20kg plates, not 25kg.

Literally no one knows

with shit form maybe. You can't pull 4 pl8 with good form without squatting 3, and curlbros definitely can't squat 3 plates

I'm
and yes, I do have short arms and long legs. Part of the reason my upper body is stronger than my lower (relatively speaking).

Just hit a 1pl8 ohp and I'm nearly at a 4pl8 diddly. Still a couple months away from a 2pl8 bench and god only knows how long it will take me to reach a 3 pl8 squat. Can barely do 2pl8 due to hip problems.

oh ok, I thought it was about the biggest pl8s my bad - then I have the OHP, the rest will take some time, though a bit less, accordingly

Answering the OP's question: the OHP is the hardest, I have crazy week's volume for shoulders and the progress is slow as shit, while having my DL's 1RTM at 160kg I have enough strength to pull it 4-5 times, same with squats. But slow and steady, I hope it will be rewarding.

Do I even look like I lift?

there you go, enjoy your shitty deadlfit and great bench/ohp

if you have hip problems you should probably disregard a bunch of memelovers on the internet and seek medical advice/stop squatting

OHP>BP>SQ>DL

I've been lifting for 9 months. For me it is

OHP (50kg) > Bench (90kg) > Squat (140kg) > Deadlift (170kg)

I started out at skelly 72kg bodyweight and bulked up to 85kg, so I guess that's why I got to almost 1/2/3/4 quite quick.

No, but after instagram nobody who is natty looks like they lift anymore

just learn to deal w it

if you have to ask, you already know

Yeah I've given up on squatting for now. I'm just doing stuff that doesn't aggravate my hips like bulgarian split squats for now until I can get my shit sorted.

It was a rethorical question, I'm pretty confident in myself desune

personally
squat>deadlift>ohp>bench
ive been always stronger in upperbody, when i reached 2 plate bench i had barely 3 plate dl

WHAT THE FUCK HOW CAN YOU OHP SO EASILY? I'm fucking at 0.25pl8 OHP with a 3pl8 DL and 2pl8 squat. pretty nooby but my OHP is so fucking weak REEEEEE

I literally can't believe how retarded this board is sometimes, look at all these replies lmao

OBVIOUSLY IT IS DIFFERENT FOR DIFFERENT PEOPLE WHICH IS EASIEST

as for aesthetics, how do you think muscles grow? here's a big hint, it has quite a lot to do with getting stronger

good for you m8

even compared to current instagram GIRLS, you don't look like you lift though

>0.25pl8 OHP with a 3pl8 DL and 2pl8 squat.

nigga what the fuck. you can deadlift 140kg but can only ohp 30kg? How much can you bench?

is 1/2/3/4 based off your 1rm or 5rm?

why would you do deadlifts when you can't squat? you're only going to wear down your spine.

Yeah not taking the bait though, comparing a 6'0 guy with a nice physique with a lean 5'4 girl is not a very good comparison

shut up you fucking idiot

don't ever post on Veeky Forums again

Why is that?

I fail to see your point, m8?

to look like you lift nowadays, your insta pics need to look like the top 10% on insta (otherwise girls will NEVER believe that you go to the gym)

this guy doesn't even look like the top 10% of GIRLS. let alone compared to guys...

don't ask that retard anything

he has no idea what the fuck he's talking about and is only going to spew some garbage

as if squats don't also place strain on the lower back, and as if they somehow prevent lower back injuries or alleviate the stress deadlifts put on the back

I've been on Veeky Forums for a while and still don't have a single clue what people are talking about when they talk about 1/2/3/4 and all this different pl8 stuff

2 pl for example is 2 90lb plates per side on the bar

2 girls plates is 2 45lb plates per side

Website?

i squat and pull more than you.

why would you deadlift if you're not a power lifter? that's the main question you got to ask yourself. squatting has some justification even for bodybuilding purposes but deadlifts have a bad cost/reward ratio when you're not aiming purely for strength.

>girls will NEVER believe that you go to the gym

I don't know what you been smoking but it's actually the opposite. I constantly see girls comment on auschwitz modes drooling over their physique. Besides, anyone here knows otter mode is what girls really want.

shoulders progress slowly yet steadily

start with low-rep high-weight sets, then high-rep low-weight sets

you should barbell OHP then dumbell OHP

>bad cost/reward ratio

what the fuck am I reading

Deadlift is the number one exercise to develop a joocy back

post some videos of these big impressive lifts then user

Fucking hell ive been waiting for someone to answer this.

>Deadlift is the number one exercise to develop a joocy back

This is what the pseudo powerlifters of Veeky Forums actually believe.

The best bodybuilders of all time all had a strong deadlift

Bench/OHP/Squat&Deadlift

Bench is fucking impossible for me. I use dumbells though.

OHP was never all that difficult.

Squats and deadlifting are what I'm built for.

sure average 6/10s will be like that

8/10 and over fit(ness) girls won't though, and let's face it if you put incredible amount of work into your body why the fuck would you settle with a 6/10 that doesn't even squat?

if you are really into this fit meme for real I don't even think its feasible to be together with a girl that isn't. You will barely even see each other unless you both go to the same gym/ prep the same type of meals/ etc etc

Well personally I've noticed that my traps have gotten a lot bigger since I started deadlifting.

it wears down your joints and spine, and that's a fact.

there are many big and famous mr olympia bodybuilders who've never used deadlifts as part of their routine. You can believe the Veeky Forums memes all you like but maybe you step into a gym with some big dudes one day and just ask them, how about that?

>The best bodybuilders of all time all had a strong deadlift
They had a strong deadlift because they had good backs.Not the other way around.

leg press is way worse for your spine

and no, there are no top bodybuilders that can't at least pick up 6 plates DL

it is true that many don't go that heavy though (keep in mind 6pl is NOT A HEAVY DL at those levels, it is moderate intensity work).

so yes, they are telling the truth when they say they never went heavy on DL, with that they mean they never went much past 300kg/660lb

You look good brah, decent cut and you'll be even better

squatting also puts a lot of wear on the lower back, along with more on the knees and hips

so does squatting lmao

both squats and deadlifts wear down your back and joints, let's not be fucking stupid here

the risk or reward of each exercise depends entirely upon your build for each exercise

long arms, great at deadlift? you will have a superior starting position with less shear force on the spine, and you will be able to move heavier loads and get much more out of it (you can also handle more volume, usually)

reverse this for short arms, inferior starting position and higher risk all around

for squat, short femured long torso lifters are going to get incredible quad development from it and have very little wear on the low back

for long femured short torso squatters, the lower back will be a limiting factor long before the quads are, and the amount of strain both on the knees and back is much higher

it's not all so black and white, which is why you see top tier BBers with vastly different exercise selection depending on build and what works well for them

>le actually lift and you will know something maymay

>there are many big and famous mr olympia bodybuilders who've never used deadlifts as part of their routine

Please tell me which ones

I love deadlifts for building strength and do heavy deadlifts (1-3 reps) at least once a week

but honestly I've only seen strength gains from them, for getting juicy I do exercises that focus on the mid and upper back (rhomboids and lats)

I think deadlifts are only for building core and lower back strength honestly

1/2/3/4 corresponds to the number of 45lb/20kg plates on either side of the bar during the 4 major barbell exercises (OHP/Bench/Squat/DL)

Being able to do a single good rep of these is the baseline for male strength. Far from ideal, but well above average.
So, if you you’ve achieved “1/2/3/4”, then you can

>Overhead Press 135 lbs
>Bench Press 225 lbs
>Squat 315 lbs
>Deadlift 405 lbs

The thread is asking people to rank which of these 4 goals is the hardest to get.

Been lifting for a bit over a year (Nov 15, but with a few months off due to travel). Currently;
> 195kg deadlift
> 180kg back squat
> 135kg front squat
> 90kg bench
> 75kg push press

Are my numbers off?

how long you been liftan?

Dorian Yates for a start and he has a sickening back.

Bench looks a bit weak but everything else is good.

upper body ridiculously low compared to lower body

but thats usually how it is, most people never reach good OHP or bench during their entire lives

if you are lean you could have some potential for OLY lifting. you will never become great at bench in any case

Unless you have an injury or something that sounds like something is wrong, probably terrible form. Pay attention to Valsalva maneuver, path of the bar and your head, hold the bar correctly and place your feet. Even stuff like keeping your glutes squeezed makes a difference.

Read the starting strength chapter

test post

50 kg

he also didn't squat, which speaks to you don't need to do squats or deadlifts desu, they're just very good tools

find which tools work for you

Getting stronger has more factors than just muscle.

They can deadlift that because they are doing rows and other types of back work.

He actually did a lot of SLDL, even though it's a variation of it