Evolution of Bodybuilding

youtu.be/Ey9QymLzBFI

Where did it go so wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KqBbK_kO5tw
bodyfatguide.com/Steroids.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

post 1940

basically roids, its unnecessarily overkill but if you like looking like a nonfunctional cloud, thats up to you.

It went down hill after Frank Zane retired.

It hit rock bottom when Dorian Yates entered the scene.

youtu.be/KqBbK_kO5tw

Zyzz was going to revive the classic aesthetics but they murdered him for it.

Lee Haney was the transition between golden and freak. He was 1/2 and 1/2. After him it was all disgusting freak shit

Cool vid desu. Late 40s and early 50s are the GOATs imo. Mid 60s you can already see the freakbeasts coming in and post 70s when eye-talians and blacks start winning, it went to complete shit

fuuuuaarrrk zyzz was small

The physique thing is cool but the board shorts are awful.

They should divide bodybuilding competitions by BMI, not weight.

The big question: who was greater: Arnold, or Frank?

I go with Arnold.

1916 was the only good one

Going to redpill you faggots that think roids are needed for a good physique.
Look at all musclur depictions of men prior to the 20th century. All the way back to classical sculpture.
Steroids didn't exist.

Roids are necessary if you have bad genetics

regardless of how much testosterone these guys have, i don't get a masculine vibe from them at all, the last olympian i could get behind was dorian yates.

pic related is the best pre roids physique I've ever seen, still he was relatively small and probably worked out his whole life.
>Look at all musclur depictions of men prior to the 20th century. All the way back to classical sculpture
do you also believe socrates had a batman physique in his 70s?

thoughts on this lift? 1/2

2/2

do dumbbell snatches, they're pretty awesome.

they are safe?

Where do you think classic artists got the idea from? They used live studies. Its impossible to know the human physique can get very muscular if you have never seen it before.

"small"
by Veeky Forums standards.
I would kill to have that physique as 6'3

bodyfatguide.com/Steroids.jpg

>Going to redpill you faggots that think roids are needed for a good physique
well what are you talking about then? Michelangelo's David? Farnese Hercules? Laocoon? I don't think its possible to get to the two latter without good genetics and 20/30+ years of training

You are so obvious dyel its not funny.

When did bodybuilders start using steroids?

>h-ahah I'll just call him dyel so I don't have to defend my points
I'm sure you're 100% natty modern day hercules, friend

Implying the older roidheads wouldnt have become mass monsters if they had the drugs they have now.

They all became the biggest they possibly could.

They carved up cadavers and looked at musculature at an anatomic level, then added a layer of skin on it. They were masters of anatomy

Around the 60s it seems.

my shoulders tend to pop a bit when i do OHP, but i have never had any issues with anything shoulder related, they're my favorite muscle group. dumbbell snatches are wonderful, you just rotate arms each rep and after a while it feels like cardio, it works on your grip similar to a deadlift since you're lifting it from the ground. i've never felt anything to lead me to believe they're unsafe, i love them.

>thinks it takes 30 years to get a muscular physique
This forum is for 18+ people interested in fitness.

compared to idealized ancient depictions of gods, yes it does.

How come the body builders from the 40s/50s are so much bigger than the from the 1910s/20s? Different training styles?

gear

>incomprehensible babbling intensifies
It's time to stop posting tubs.

It didn't exist.

I think it was available in the late 30s

The early 20th century stuff was a new sport inspired by circus strongmen acts. Its like proto-strongmen events.
Theres earlier examples of weight training all the way back to ancient times.
The difference is early 20th century had photography.

literal average retarded natty subscribing to youtube fitness models thinking he is gonna look like them one day

Actually did bruh.
They were on early steroids and eating bull nuts.

It was not you retard.

just leave already.
>not going to make it.

The first synthesis of Testosterone was done in 1930. This doesn't mean it was available or people even knew it could be used for increasing muscle mass.
You stupid retard.

>How come the body builders from the 40s/50s are so much bigger
>"during the 1930s, scientists discovered that anabolic steroids could facilitate the growth of skeletal muscle"

>This doesn't mean it was available or people even knew it could be used for increasing muscle mass.
>"which led to abuse of the compounds first by bodybuilders and weightlifters and then by athletes in other sports."

>screencaps the first hit off google
Dumbfuck
>Testosterone, the most active anabolic-androgenic steroid produced by Leydig cells in the testes, was first isolated in 1935 and chemically synthesized later in the same year. Synthetic derivatives of testosterone quickly followed. By the end of the following decade, both testosterone and its derivatives were applied with varying degrees of success for a number of medical conditions. It was not until the 1950s, however, that athletes began to discover that anabolic steroids could increase their muscle mass. According to sports physician John Ziegler, the first confirmed use of an anabolic steroid in an international athletic competition was at the weightlifting championships in Vienna in 1954, when the Russians weightlifters used testosterone.[5]

Holy fuck you are dumb

Retard

>wow physiques magically transformed after thousands of years of being the exact same, magically within a couple of years of steroids being discovered
>wow i cant imagine why
>but its definitely not steroids

How much did Zyzz weigh at his peak?

delusional manlet natty calling everyone a retard thinking he will one day look like frank zane on his chicken breast and whey diet. Makes you sad doesnt it.

>he thinks there were no muscular physiques prior to steroids
Literally an idiot.

wow
amaze
such muscle
such physique
such "FATHER OF MODERN BODYBUILDING" pre steroids
wow

The funny thing is you think Zanes physique is hard to get.
Got to wonder what sort of pos thinks it takes 30 years to get an unremarkable physique.

>>>/reddit/ and stay there. Fuck redditors are morons without exception.

>this is what retarded delusional natties think is unremarkable
>thats why we have thousands of frank zanes walking around as just average bros going to the gym

He wasn't the father of modern bodybuilding. Modern bodybuilding didn't start till the 70s.

>wow my arms grew from 8 to 9 inches in just one year of training, in 20 years i will have 29 inch arms natty!!! omfg!!!

>thinks old examples of bodybuilding means its impossible to achieve
>muh black and white idols
>never again
What are you even saying you braindead moron.

When did they invent the chest press? Old Roman statues had good chests but early bodybuilders never trained chest.

I have 40inch arms and ive not been lifting for 20+ years you dyel stupid cunt.

people probably did push ups as early as they realized more physical activity + more muscle (and wanted more muscle).

>everything i google is true.
You must be the dumbest cuck on here. Modern bodybuilding started in the 70s.

Am I the only one that likes the direction modern bodybuilding is heading?

Sure Arnold and Zane were aesthetic, but not compared to modern bodybuilders. Kai Greene, Phil Heath, Coleman all make Arnold look dyel and still keep amazing proportions. The guys don't even look human which I think is really cool. Watch Generation Iron on Netflix and I think you will gain a better appreciation for modern bodybuilders.

>disgusting hgh + insulin guts
>aesthetic

During the final years of his life? Around 220 I believe.

ITT: bickering

more like itt retarded dyel natty kids

He was 200 at his heaviest. He was actually dyel and used lighting to look bigger. Pic related is how small he really was. He was also a manlet, definitely not 6'3 as said. Lmao he is barely taller than the average woman.

>h-heh ill make shit up and post a pic where his arms and shoulders are literally obscured to make my retarded natty kid self think i can look like him

Its true though he abused everything he could just to get to the level of your average Aussie Anglo guy who is dyel.
This is what being a wog cuck living in a white mans country does.

show me a picture of the average aussie anglo guy who is dyel at 6'2 227lbs 8% bf

He is saying the level of attractiveness of the average dyel Aussie Anglo.

Can you read?

>6'2 is now considered manlet.

where do you see the word attractiveness in his post imbecile?

When black people started really getting into it.

youtube.com/watch?v=HdIP7yn56g0
Guy on the left average Anglo vs guy on the right a wog.
Note that the Anglo looks like a superman.

The mid 60s

>that early stages of roid gut

After the 80s, they start to look like parodies of the human form

Pushups and pushing heavy stones.

Muscles can be trained and grow from stimulus that isn't based around lifting weights bruh.

I didn't know Dorian Yates was black.

The bench press is basically from the 1950s-60s onwards. Floor press and pullover-and-press are older but basically no-one did them once they fell out of competition because it was awkward as fuck in a time before racks and cages.

Ancient people had weights bruuuuh

I want you to take a hard look at dorian then compare to the literal endless slew of black people that over saturate body building now. He was an outlier not the norm.

Yeah, they were called sticks stones other people animals their own body.
They didn't have a fucking bench press.

Its just like everything blacks get cuck bucks sponsership to push the black meme on the American and international public.

They just carried bulls to develop chest

Dorian fucking Yates changed the game FOREVER.
No one was as huge and fucking freaky as him. NO ONE.

He was god king for as long as he competed and no one save for the people that were foolish enough to follow in his footsteps with his drug stacks could compete.

Most EVERYONE from that era is fucking dead or dying now.

Hence why I called him an outlier user.

*breathes deep* wrong. They had everything beside modern machine equipment. Even machine equipment existed eventually though because its just pullies.

ya his back was actually enormous

You're fucking retarded and I wasted my time replying to you.
Good day to you sir.

Yeah Yayes is impressive.. the thing is other examples given arent very impressive. They were good for their time because they had no competition. Now almost any guy can get a good muscular physique like Zane or the early bodybuilders

>DUDE HARDWORD IS KEY
>HARD WORK IS BULLSHIT MANE, I USE SCIENCE BITCH xD
>I AM TALENT
>HE DONT BE TALENT SO HE LOSE
dropped at 30 minutes because it looked like cartoon characters with special abilities

Ronnies secret is hes a manlet. Thats how he gets those exaggerated proportions.

Protip: Any bodybuilder worth a damn is a manlet.
>inb4 muh Arnold

better overall diet because the improvement to quality of life.

Arnolds under 6ft but yeah all the mass monsters are around 5'6"
Virtually impossible to be a tall mass monster.

Arnold was barely 5'10.

You can be.
You'll just have to be either kinda fat or a freak anomaly that was active as fuck from child.

Nope mass monster is specifically a high mass bodybuilder physique with no fat.
You get huge guys that get really big lifting weights but they never get to the mass monster proportions.

>he thinks someone tall can look like Ronnie Coleman from being active as fuck from child

Yeah, I thought you meant like 50s-70's era large for a man who's actually 6+ not a stage/hollywood 6+ guy.

They can get mutant huge and freaky because they are short and can survive the ridiculous drug stacks.

I was actually referring to naturals rather then enhanced muscle obese guys.