I can do better things with 10 dollars. Thanks though

>American strawberry prices

wtf

Europe wins again

>strawberries
>not getting celery for 80 calories per half kilo

>enjoying the taste of eating raw celery

I eat the whole box regularly.

10$? Lol where the walmart price is like 3.99.

strawberries are goat for morning protein smoothie.

they are also full of fiber. been pooping 2x a day since I started my smoothies.

Celery tastes like crunchy grass full with water.
Adding anything to it kills the purpose of it being low cal per vol.

help
>cutting almost for a month at almost 1000 cal deficit while lifting and sometimes cardio
> for the first time in my life im actually completing my daily protein intake
>just lost 2 fucking lbs
can it just be the noob gains?

>eating fucking fruit instead of candy bars when you want sweet shit is better for you

OH MAN WHO'DA FUCKIN THUNK IT I SWEAR WE GOT ONE HELLUVA CRACK TEAM OF NUTRITIONISTS HERE ON Veeky Forums

People lose weight differently.
And yeah, if you gain muscle while losing fat then it doesn't show that nicely on the scale. But:
A common thing that happens is to lose the first 2-3 pounds in like a week. I guess the body feels the change in energy needs and goes hard on the fat for a bit.
After that it enters preservation mode, your body is actually trying not to lose weight, it'll save as much as possible, hence the fatigue, need for sleep, cravings and so on. It takes a while for your body to rebalance itself to its new calorie regiment. Once it recognizes a certain amount as normal (through the glucose cycle among many other shit) the excess fat will be consumed slowly as long as you keep it under deficit. Be careful with the deficit, too much and it'll eat muscle before fat (protein is easier to convert into energy and fat stores are like emergency funds for the body).

Also, fat cells are like sponges/balloons.
First you have like 10, so to speak, you get fat and those 10 fill up to 100%, so the body makes more fat retention cells, and fills those up to 100%, and so on.
So now you have 100 instead of 10, but when you lose weight, instead of killing the 90 extra cells, it just empties the 100 cells to say 10%. Only after a long time passes, the excess cells with no fat stored will start to die without being replaced (due to the lack of need for fat cells).
This is why rebounds happen, why you should stick to caloric deficit when cutting for long periods of time instead of bursts, and why (unless you starve yourself) it takes a bit to show up in the mirror/scale. Also why ideally your maint body should be lean.

>fiber
>smoothies

uhhhhhh

And what should i do when my body enters into that preservation mode? should i then make some weeks at manteinance and then deficit again or keep the deficit and add some cardio or HIIT?

Source on that those fat cells die?
There's too much conflicting issue on that it seems they just stay forever

pls respond

We're talking very long timescales. If you want to lose weight you'll need to eat at a deficit until you hit your desired weight and then stay at maint or deficit for a very long time, not weeks, not couple of months, it's something that takes more than a year.
That's why people who have cut first and then decide to bulk need to do very clean, very careful bulks, their rate of fat cell production is higher than that of a lean person, so they gain weight faster.

To give you a practical response, eat at a deficit, try to hit your protein macro first, remember your vitamins, and balance carbs and fats according to how you feel better. Eat at a deficit that lets you lift while progressing or keeping your max (or deload 10% from max if you know your shit). I personally cut at 500 because I count cals, if you do not, make a staple diet around 1000 deficit and aim towards it to give you some leverage with not getting it always right (remember carbs are always the highest in calorie volume).

I'll answer along with me elaborating on the previous post
So, to elaborate in case you're wondering why.
Energy is stored at different levels in the body as I've mentioned.
I forgot the exact names, but let's say you have some sugar molecules that are free in the body, in the cells and are super easy to convert to energy.
Then you have some sugar that has been converted to short term storage, glycogen I think, the body uses it before fat but after the immediate energy available.
Then you have fat/muscle fibers. Now, to obtain energy from those cells, takes energy too and takes more steps than just burning freely available sugar so to speak, hence why it doesn't burn fat from the start of a diet.

The important note here is that, all cells die and are replaced, this is common across all cells (other than neurons afaik). Obviously so that the body doesn't die faster than it makes more cells, it avgs cell replacement to be on par with how many die so to speak. Here comes the thing, people with more fat cells, produce more fat cells per volume (duh) and this means, it makes more fat cells per day than a leaner person.
The body doesn't see or understand, so when you go on a diet it doesn't get that, and fat cell production will be kept at the higher rate instead of the desired lean rate.
So I worded it simpler before, but it's more like your replacement rate stays higher for longer than you'd like to.

Back to weight loss.
So as you can see, first you need to lose immediate stored energy available, this is from your daily intake.
Then you need to be at a constant deficit so that the second tier is depleted, we're still not at fat cells.
Only after that second tier is depleted, the body will (almost reluctantly) deplete fat cells.
Even then, only after the regular life of a fat cell, it will die and be replaced by a new one.
EVEN THEN, only after a long time will the replacement rate drop to a leaner one.
This is why it takes time and consistency.

Even more info:
Note the last paragraph.
The energy blocks are easier to replenish than to deplete.
Daily intake, well, as easy to eat anything, but you need this to live obviously.
The second tier is tricky, take more than your TDEE, and it'll aggressively and instantly replenish it, every bit of excess will go to it.
As long as you let this second tier exist, you won't cannibalize fat cells, hence the maint and lean bulk tiers based on TDEE.
Fat cells are sort of the same, they will continue existing and the body will keep storing energy in them as long as your permit it to.

Muscle is part of the energy storage component in the body. This is why we lose mass if we cut aggressively/starve. The body will convert their protein for cells to burn.

Anyway, as you can see, this is why many don't make progress in their first months/years.
Many cut too fast, then get excited and bulk fast again, gaining almost no muscle in the process.
Or many start lean and simply don't eat enough or properly, they might gain in cns activation (more muscle efficiency) simply from training (newb gains), but no volume gain due to lack of proper diet.
Or any other example... most lack of gains don't come from the routine, which is the concern of most people it seems, gaining mass and losing fat properly needs a dedicated diet and being consistent with a well rounded routine to make the most of it.

Anyway, I remembered I have the source to this in my biology books from early semesters but they are at my parents, they are also in german.
Shouldn't be hard to find if you're interested, read about the glucose cycle, cns and muscles, lipid - glucose conversion, protein synthesis, avg cell life, and so on.

write a book about it nerd

Real talk, good write up famiglia

balsamic vinegar(no sodium)
yellow mustard
hot sauce
hot pepper flake

nice condiment for cutting