Amino Acids

What amino acid supplements do you use? (if any)
why do/don't you use it?

Has it made a difference?

I don't use any because I get everything from my regular nutrition

don't get why people buy all the expensive stuff when you can build muscles with regular food. I mean, I understand the occasional protein shake as a treat but creatine, bcaas etc....

Maybe i would use amino acids if I was a professional bodybuilder because then you can maybe see tiny differences but no non-pro person has to use that shit. it's only marketing

Creatine is actually very useful, I have seen difference for times I've been on it and off. It's cheap too.
BCAA's I don't know, never taken them, I think their result is more apparent during a cut

Supplementing aminos is a huge meme. Yes, BCAAs are great for fasting, and there are a few others that have some benefit. But most are just "I'm gonna take glutamine because uhhhhhhhhhhh the guy at GNC said it was great" or fucking carnitine for who knows what reason. Note that if you are eating plenty of protein, you are getting plenty of those aminos that snake oil salesmen peddle.

I have seen the "results" too. never have I seen a person on "creatine" that in my eyes was actually buff from creatine itself. it was always because of the shit ton of water they drank

once they were done with creatine, they went back to pretty much their regular size

this. like I said before, it's just a huge marketing scam like the whole 2g of protein per kg of bodyweight. eat much, eat a lot of protein and carbohydrates and you will be set. get your vitamins through vegetables, fish, nuts etc and you will have your amino acids

people are just too fucking lazy to actually pay attention to their diet and grasp at literally every straw there is to do less for more

>not just staying on creatine

keeps the muscles full, keeps the need for water high, extra reps in the gym, little to no downsides my man

don't you have to drink insane amounts of water when you're on creatine? that's crazy

also, "keeps the muscles full" sounds quite weird because everyone I have seen has always been bulked up but not actually lean. shit just looks stupid in the long run. I would MAYBE say that it could be used for bulking purposes but you can also eat shitton of food while drinking a huge amount of water and get the same results

I don't think you understand creatine at all dude. It's literally the most scientifically backed, non broscience supplement out there. Is it essential? Of course not, but it's more than just filling the muscle with water. It allows ADP->ATP regeneration at a higher rate, and literally the only downside is that it has minor bloating, which is easily fixed if you drink enough water.

Citrulline and Beta-Alanine, plus I have a pre-workout that has creatine and even more beta-alanine.

Considering trying Carnitine.

Honestly not sure if I notice any difference, probably just wasting money.

If you have a family history of balding creatine can cause you to Bald faster

It heavily dehydrates you which in-turn causes you to age a little faster.

user it sounds like your opinion of creatine is word-of-mouth and/or unbased decision.

It will increase performance. It is proven to do so. People are saying this to you and you're coming back with mincing-mom objections

Cite, re: proven aging and the metrics used to determine if it ages you more.

Creatine causes dehydration, that's one of the main reasons you have to drink so much water while using it.

Dehydration causes cells to age faster.

These two things are both well known, basically common sense at this point. It's not too difficult to see how they might connect with one another. So, you're either denying that dehydration causes faster aging / people looking older before their time or denying that creatine causes dehydration. Either way you're an idiot derailing the thread into an infomercial about creatine.

>Creatine causes dehydration

No, not drinking enough water causes dehydration. Correlation =/= causation. Creatine makes you need more water. That's it, it correlates to aging if you don't drink enough water, which will cause it.

>makes you need more water.
because it dehydrates you.

Name one thing that isn't drinking water in one form or another that doesn't dehydrate you. Better stop exercising because it'll make your body require more water and thus dehydrates you.

pretty much any caffeine-free and sugar-free drink.

so water, which is in all of what you suggested.

Are you being an idiot on purpose, or does it just come naturally to you?

I had a very good diet and made decent gains then I started taking amino supplements and made better gains.

so you're no longer disagreeing, you're just moving the goal posts a bit and basically agreeing. Creatine causes dehydration and dehydration causes aging. That's all that was ever said. Thanks for derailing a thread on amino acids to justify your use of creatine only to in the end do a big 'well, everything is bad for you so it's okay name one thing that isn't bad for you'

you are an absolute moron.