135 Benching Club

No Dyels Allowed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OzvmFLrJ8o0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

H-hey Im pretty sure I can bench 135lbs, didnt try it like in ages tho cuz I start with empty bar and then go to 180 right away

I'm dyel 5'6 150 lbs and I can bench 135 for 5 after 1.5 months in the gym

I can bench OVER 135, does that make me a god?

N-natty?

Inb4 the first retard

Wow. You must have really good genetics.

Can bench 125lbs. Really close.

I once did 135 bench and the bar dropped on my chest and almost killed me.

make sure you use a spotter when attempting such a high weight

>they dont know that its in kilos not lbs

DYLES OUT

> 9th week of consistently lifting
> Can OHP 110
> DL 310
> Squat 240
> Failed 145lb bench yesterday
Fuck being 6'3

newfag here
what is dyels?
i'm benching 40kgs atm (88lbs)
is 135lbs bench pressing really such an achievement?

Dyel =do you even lift

"Do You Even Lift"
it's not impressive,it's a symbol of you either having good genetics and/or sticking to working out.
For most people it's their first weightlifting milestone because it's attainable relatively quick ( 2-3 months depending on where you start from ).
2 plates bench 1RM is intermediate,probably after a year or so of working out and 3 plates 1RM,you're getting really strong.

Do You Even Lifts. People who are so scrawny that you can't tell they lift by looking at them.

Bench press starts at 135. Anything less is an insult to the weight.

Try not to reveal that your that much of a newfag, it won't help.
>dyel = do you even lift, basically guys who say they go to the gym and do weights but show no visible progress whatsoever
>it's a pretty big milestone for some first time lifters but not so huge that this thread is worth something, don't worry about it and just keep lifting brah

I feel less bad about my bench now. It seems like us tall people are shit at benching.

>tfw took me 9 months to bench 135

>No Dyels Allowed.

Lmao, 3 pl8 bencher here. How does knowing that im laughing at you retards thinking babysfirst1pl8bench is anything to brag about? Kill yourself and delete this thread

>6'2"
>can do 225 14 times
>failed 305 yesterday

>he can only bench 3pl8
>he thinks that this is impressive

>135
61 kg is not that havy

135 isn't an achievement I could do that my first day in the gym

>TFW used to be 110 lb super-dyel
>friend stored his workout equipment at my apartment for a while
>got super motivated, always pushing myself to bench more than last time
>dropped bar on myself twice, but didn't stop
>After months finally benched 135
>friend takes back equipment and I don't get to continue
I hope I can still bench 135

if u were a fat fuck it's easy. starting at 65kg with long arms (im 6'1 and have a long wingspan) i couldn't do 60kg for like 6-9 months. Granted by form and routine was abysmal, but still.

Are you fat?

I got news for you user. If you're benching 135 for anything but a warm up, you're a DYEL.

I could bench 135 when I was in 8th grade and 5 years later I see guys struggling with it like wtf

Bro, I was a pudgy 190 with a 6'2" wingspan, and the first SS workout I ever did was 185x5x3 on the bench. There is serious faggotry abound here, and it's fucking disgusting.

Autism is fine, weakness is unacceptable.

I just passed 3 months of consistent lifting
>155 OHP
>225 Bench
>185 squat
>255 deadlift
Feels horrible man

> 6'5
> 190x5
> i feel u bro

manlets dont count tho

bench > squat
time to train legs

You can't even bench 2 lmao.

Why are all these fatasses in my thread bragging about their numbers?

>No Dyels allowed

That means if your a fatass or a manlet then, nobody cares, it doesn't count, and it's time for you to leave.

Yout legs have to look comical in relation to your upper body lmao

Back in high school I couldn't bench 1pl8. Now it's warm-up weight for me.

Who can't even feel 1pl8 anymore? I got curious the other day about how many I could actually do and hit about 35 reps, surprising how quickly it starts to feel heavy again

The best bencher on the planet right now is 6'5

nothing to do with height, everything to do with relative limb lengths

you can be 6'5" with a barrel chest, thick torso, broad shoulders, and short arms relative to your height - you would be an excellent bencher

you can be 5'9" with a tiny ribcage, flat stingray torso, and extremely long arms relative to your height and you would be a shit bencher

Kirill Sarychev is a monster
youtube.com/watch?v=OzvmFLrJ8o0

This is 135KG yeah? No one would seriously invent a club for people who can bench 1 plate.

126 here, A-am I allowed?

I'm 5'11" 160lbs and I can only bench 45lbs dbs for 3x8. I've been doing 3x8-12 db bench, db fly, incline db bench and incline db fly

Is my bench so shitty because I'm putting too much volume on my chest? My sets go to failure and I'm eating +500, and I'm pretty sure my form isn't shit, so I can't see why else I'm not benching 60lbs+ dbs yet. it's been like 8 months since i started

Autism is just weakness of the mind. Don't kid yourself, user. It's a serious problem you will never overcome.

I'm 6'2 and bench and ohp are my best lifts. it took me 9 months (on a cut too) to hit 170 on the ohp at a bw of around 189.

Bench is somewhere around 270

Normal length arms with long forearms and short upper arms makes pressing easy.

Coming up on 4 months of lifting routinely
>bench 310
>DL 760
>squat 540
>OHP 185

Why am I such a dyel?

tell your friend you wanna work out with him

I could bench that after two weeks of lifting

I benched 175 the first time I stepped in a gym.

I benched your mother last night

>being this assmad about a bait thread
Autism

That'd be impossible.

I am 29. I weigh approx 96 kilos at around 18%bf.

1RM:
Bench 107.5kg
Squat 140kg
Deadlift 170kg

Meh

If you cant closegrip 2pl8s for 10 then you're a fucking weakling and you're in denial if you say otherwise

I can bench 1 pound 135 times. Does that count? Am I gonna make it?

I remember when starting strength gave me a shite plateau at 40kg at bench.up to 95 or reps, God bless 8/6/3

>starting strength
>working for your bench unless you're a talented bencher and need no volume to lift big weights or were an athlete and have a good muscular base

>tfw close-grip benched 2pl8 for a set of 9 today and failed on the 10th rep
>tfw it was a rep PR
YOU FUCKING NIGGER

The pic only has 1pl8 though

I could bench more than 135 for 12 reps when I was 120lbs. 5'5" manlet army reporting in. Larklet be hating.

>everyone falling for this bait

You better not be counting the bar

Hey I have one chest muscle and can bench 135. So anyone who cant is a pussy

>finally part of the cool kids club
>its in kilos and not lbs

o-oh...

135 lbs of titanium weighs more than 135 lbs of iron

>can ohp 1pl8
>can't bench 1pl8

that seems physiologically impossible. i did absolutely no chest work fo rnearly a year while keeping my OHP going and benched 150 when I went back to it.

135?
I thought the DYEL cutoff for bench was 225

I've only been lifting for 2 months and I'm already at 185. And I'm 6'4 so bench press is naturally a bit hard for me. So yeah, I reckon 2pl8 would be the cutoff for DYEL. Give me a month and I'll be there though.

Is this good for 8 months of srs lifting?
>bench 190
>squat 290
>dl 315
>ohp 115
Started out skelly king 5'9 130, now same height 150
SS btw

similar to the results I got from that much time, im doing SL though.