/fat/ - Fatty General

'A single egg ever will literally kill you' edition.

Morbidly dead thread: Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat. Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it.

>THE STICKY (READ IT AGAIN)
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and eat 500 calories or less than it daily to steadily lose weight
tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

RESPOND

It's been two weeks of /fat/. What progress have you made in that time, user?

two weeks worth

Sorry, I am idiot and responded in the old thread.

>5'10 228lbs
>hydrostatic bf% test
>24%
FUCK I'VE LOST 80LBS AND STILL FUCKING 24%

At least I'm just ''overweight'' now instead of clinically obese. I hope getting to 200lbs puts me at 20%.

Can I eat at maintenance when I hit 200 and change my body composition to still lose bodyfat by lifting and conditioning?

In a week I've gone down like six pounds just with lowering intake. I assume it's mostly water weight.

yeah so did I ya dumb idiot.

Track your macros try to get .7 to 1gram of protons per 1lbs of body fat.

always try to increase your lifts so you don't become a skinny fat and develop an eating disorder to try to "lose that last little bit of pudge" which is really caused by a bad muscle/fat ratio.

you're pretty close to a healthy weight now.

No, that's false. If you've actually lowered intake, that is not water weight you've lost. If you meant dropping 1 lbs salt a week by lowering intake, then yes, that probably was water weight.

I deadlift 80kg today

You could, but it would be much, much better, especially at 5'10, to go way lower than 200lbs and 20%. Get to 12-13%, show off your new body and maintain there for a month or two, then when things start to normalise, begin babby's first bulk.

>Get to 12-13%
Man that'd be like 160-180lbs. Haven't weighed that much since middle school.
>minimum 9 more months of cutting

Lost 3 lbs. Eating at 2k cal a day when maintainence says 3.2k (which I think is bs)

Honestly, the biggest change this general has made for me was getting serious about counting calories and *actually* not cheating. It helps talking to other cutters here and comparing progress.

Hope user sees this from the old/dead thread, if you do:

When you do 20 min of HIIT, what intervals are you working by?

I ask because I do 10 minutes of moderate intensity, and then for the last 10 minutes I do 30 second efforts with 30 second rest periods.

I assumed water weight, because that's a really fast.

1/2

Reposting from old thread because it was literaly the last post before this new thread started:

I just want to give a small piece of advice to people who are eating very low kcal to lose weight.

I am 5ft and lost 66lbs and I always eat around 1600 to 2000kcal. It is pretty high in kcal but I am still losing weight because I do a lot of weight lfiting and fitness.Sometimes I read here that people start with eating 1200kcal but I have to be honest, with my 5ft frame I would be starving. You didn't get fat because you ate above those 1200kcal but because you ate thousands of kcals worth of junkfood. I recommend people who want to lose a lot of weight to eat a bit more than 1200kcal. It is much better for your body but also mental. I tired a 1400kcal cut but I only got a lot of binges, I eat around 2000kcal now and I am losing weight (I do eat a lot of veggies, protein from fish and chicken, nuts, eggs etcetera) without feeling starved and without restrictions. Losing weight will be easier this way and better for long term goals. Just start with 2000kcal, if you don't notice weight loss, decrease it little by little but never just start eating 1200kcal.

2/2

Another great piece of advice is doing HIIT (if your knees can handle it, I am not sure if very obese people can do this) on the threadmill at least once every two days (I used to do it five times a week). Especially in combination with weightlifting. The combination of HIIT and weightlifting will make you drop A LOT OF FAT but because you do wieghtlifting you will not lose a lot of muscle, you will gain a lot of muscle while losing fat. The best part of HIIT is you see immediate results after one week even. It is just that good. It is a lot more effective than 60 minutes of crosstrainer.

What I do is:
20 min of HIIT on the threadmill
5 minutes cooling down
So 25 minutes in total.
YOU WILL DIE IN THESE 25 MINUTES. You will burn more kcal than 60 minutes on the fucking crosstainer.

What you have to do is:
Walk slowly for 30 seconds. Lets say on lv 3 but depends on your threadmill.
Run VERY FAST for 1 minute. And set the lv on 8 or 9 or just as high as you can without giving up.

NO INCLINE but you can do that if you have done HIIT for a while and need a new challenge

Anyway repeat this pattern:

Walk 30 sec
Run 1 minute
Walk 30 sec
Run 1 minute
Walk 30 sec
Run 1 minute
REPEAT

After 25 minutes you will be tired, dead, sweating and have burned a lot of kcal, plus you will continue burning kcal after going home too.

This is a very good fat burner, I saw immediate results and once I added weightlifting to my schedule I was mind blown, this combination is amazing and I suggest everyone to do this.

Beginners should start slowly though.

First time: run 30 sec, walk 45 - 60 seconds
But try to make your running time longer and walking time shorter from then on.

Hi there, I am still hre and reading. I posted the answer to your question here:
Hope it helps!

> walk 30 sec, run 1 minute

Yep this would kill me. At least I know what to do if my current HIIT proves too easy.

I hate HIIT because it's impossible to walk away from it without feeling a little bit sick, but I can vouch for its effectiveness. I feel more awake and like my body temperature is higher for hours afterward too.

>treadmills
>HIIT
why not just actually run? Even if you're brand new to it and can only run a few kilometres, just running as far as you can and then running even further is a better way to burn cals

Went from 266 to 259 :)

Motherfucker, have you seen the North-East of America at the moment? That's why I don't run outside.

get on my level m8

260 to 237

Nice water weight user

nah m8 I've been doing this longer than /fat/ has existed.

>sleep apnea gone
>Chub rub gone
>Can jog for 5 mins straight (holy shit I can't believe I ever couldn't without seeing a huge red flag)

Work has me on a program, I already knew all the info, but an online scale for weight and tracking all food really helped keep me on track and pinpoint my big downfall.
3 days sober and counting, the longer I keep it up the more my weight chart becomes a downward slope instead of looking like a Richter scale

When losing weight, why does it seem like I'll lose three or four pounds and then over the course of the next week or two it'll creep higher and higher? Been counting calories and eating really well and somehow managed to gain five pounds this week. It's infuriating.

Do i look freaking obese? i have been trying losing weight for a week bothing

He asked for the last 2 weeks :(

yeh m8 but I'm retarded and can't read.

the mods are asleep, post your dinners

Obligatory

>Do i look freaking obese?
you ARE obese

Either too much water or you're not counting correctly/cheating. But weight can fluctuate quite a lot, especially if you're a fatty.

One day I'll be 222lbs and 2 days later I'm 228lbs.

What matters is you continue to go down in the long run. I should see numbers between 219 and 225 in a few weeks.

Started out at 295 last June at 6'2"
>just lifted weights, rode bicycle everywhere, and cut out fast food and sugary drinks
>got to 255 by October like dis
>stalled from October to December. No weight loss, no GAINZZ
Start coming to Veeky Forums again after years hiatus. Decided to stay tF away from /b/ and lurked here. Read sticky
>download MFP and track calories starting 12/19/16
>have dropped down to 228
>bought new shirts size L which haven't worn in almost 20 years (am 30 years oldfag)
Gonna cut down to 220, clean bulk 5 pounds (missin' those gainz) then cut down to 200.

>Gonna cut down to 220, clean bulk 5 pounds (missin' those gainz) then cut down to 200.
1o1 bulking @ 220

redpill me on calorie cycling

retarded broscience that only works because it also incorporates a caloric deficit

Without incorporating lifestyle changes, chances are you gain it all back.

>clean bulking 5 pounds

I just miss strength gains. Get off my shit.

>probably 20% bf skinnyfatfuck
>168 lbs 5'8"
>All of my lifts seem to have stalled while doing le reddit ppl
>All 3x5 aside from 1x5 diddly
>OHP: 115
>Bench: 155
>Squat: 225
>Deadlift: 295, on a good day I have done 315 1x5.
>Still look like complete dog shit garbage instead of only somewhat garbage. Doesn't even look like I lift at all.

REALLY hoping I look somewhat fit when I hit 150 lbs.
Dropping from 1900 cals a day to 1600 - 1700 in hopes that it will speed up the weigh loss process without losing too much of what little lean mass I have.

>Been at it for 8 weeks
>Down 16lbs
>Dropped a whole pant size
It's not much, but it's encouraging the watch the number go down and seeing the difference in the inches I've lost.

I've lost 6 lbs but I started in January. So 35 altogether

I started last week. Not really doing anything but making sure I get enough protein and eating around 1500cal a day. Down 8 pounds.

Currently 5'10" and 311 lbs.
Severe gyno that will for sure require surgery.

I'll post pics when I actually have some visible progress.

just keep strength training at that bw cutting to 150 at your height will just hurt gains in the long run desu

Great job lads, keep it up

Post pics now, you can post the progress ones later on and it'll be more impressive, but posting how you are now will give you the motivation to change that for the future.

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

Hi fatties. I went from 6'4 392lbs to 194lbs (sitting at 200lbsnow)

Gradually try to make these new habits a lifestyle if you wanna keep it off. Lift heavy weights and build muscle so your skin has something to attach to later on.

We're all gonna make it

show flying squirrel bod

How much time it take to build that body?
Great job tho!!

great work! do you have problems with excess skin, though?

>too busy watching Geert crash and burn to shitpost in /fat/
anybody else experiencing this feel?

I feel that feel user

Is there some magical food or drink that'll prevent loose skib/wrinkles? Like green tea, or bell peppers or some other shit?

Do those skin firming and exfoliating creams work?

elastin wears out the older you get
no way to replenish it
how big are you, and how long have you been that way?

I'm within 11 pounds of not being obese for the first time since freshman year of high school, and I'm 20. I'm starting to get wrinkles at the bottom and top of my biceps, and wrinkles on the sides of my ass. I'm lifting 3x/wk now and doing cardio everyday, but I'm way weaker than I was in HS playing football at 340/350 and I'm worried I don't have enough muscle to prevent more sagging.

* and I didn't lift for a solid 2 years, and spent my first 30lb just doing cardio and zero lifting. Also, I am losing 2-4lb/wk and I'm not sure if that's too fast or not because I was under the impression fatties could lose weight faster than the recommended rate.

If you can get down to 180-190 within the next year, with your lifting you might not have loose skin at the very end, you're young and it does tighten up.

Yes you can lose 2-4lbs per week and it's fine

Fatties can sure, but you're almost out of the obese range (270 lbs for you). You should consider slowing down a bit to a more normal pace.

My TDEE is 2760 due to being 5'10" and 225 ish pounds. Before calculating this I decided to eat 1800 or less calories a day, which puts me at nearly a 1k deficit. Should I change that in any way? I go to the gym about 3 or 4 times a week doing full body exercise and 30 minutes of cardio.

1700-1800 sounds good. Log your weight every few days or once a week and adjust according to your progress.

>5'10
>228
>not clinically obese

still got about 30 pounds to go, friendo. You're still obese.

Yes you look obese. The people on "My 600lb Life" are not obese, they're not even morbidly obese, they're multiple levels beyond either of them they're so obese. But America has made us think that they're the golden standard for obesity and that if you don't look like them you're not obese.

But too bad, if you're 40+ pounds overweight you're obese.

Yeah, you're not 24% bf. More like 28-32. Your BMI is 32.7. Below 24% bf is considered no longer obese.

>America has made us think that they're the golden standard for obesity and that if you don't look like them you're not obese.
Very true.

Hydrostatic body fat testing my friend. It's fairly accurate.
Put me at 24.6%. I've been lifting awhile though.

Since the beginning of the month, I've lost 10lbs
Still have 60lb to go, baby!ᵔᴥᵔ

Trap bodies hear we come!

>BMI
>Valid at all for someone lifting
>Valid at all
Lmao guidelines at best but it's outdated as fuck

It's so weird how much self confidence losing weight will get you, even if you just lose a bit of weight.

I went from 250 to 230 and even though I'm still a B I G B O I and have a long way to go, I'm comfortable with my shirt off and shit. Which is funny because I lost weight 5 years ago from 210 to 170 and I thought I was disgusting at 210.

>tfw will probably never be comfortable with my shirt off because I have the most ridiculously puffy nipples
I can't even wear a polo without feeling shitty all day.

Got my squat to 100kg, diddly to 140kg, bench to 70kg but ohp to only 45kg. And the only difference is that i weigh 119kg now and my shoulders and traps look bigger. I just want to be shredded.

Keep going nigger. Those are rookie numbers, but you'll get there.

phew, thought I was the only one with that goal

how important are macros in the grand scheme of things?

I'm hitting calorie limits every day, easily
but the stuff I'm eating is swill

want to go on heavy cut (1500 a day) with exercise

how do I max my ability to exercise without feeling shit and min my muscle loss?

Protein is paramount, the others not so much. Alcohol is very important in that you should drink none or at least extremely little.

You don't be a little bitch and slack off with workouts. Working out while cutting won't have serious side effects, the side effects are from NOT working out

lost 3kg

great to hear
would be fucking grim to lose the muscle I got from dragging this meat prison around

It's probably not as much muscle as you think, unless you've been working out.

Just don't be disappointed when you lose all that weight to find out you're weak as fuck

fair, I dont have much
is this why they say cut before lifiting properly?
so you dont have to worry too much about losses in muscle and just get results quick

this has been my one meal a day for last 3 days

You should cut and lift properly, just don't expect a lot of progress. Your muscles will still grow a little if they've never really been tested, but more importantly your body will keep what little muscle you have so you don't turn into a skeleton. If you want to lose a lot of weight in a reasonably quick time, however, you maY lose quite a bit of muscle. So yeah, if you want to lose 50 to a 100 pounds before shaping your body, a bulk to gain muscle is pretty counter intuitive

IF combined with keto. I eat 2 meals a day, one at 1pm and the other around 7:30pm. 800 calories each.

I'm 6'9, 355. Never hungry. Never feel like slacking off during a workout.

2 weeks ago I was eating 7000 kcal a day with nearly 800g of carbs a day. I feel so much better now.

I got bad news user...

aparantley fasting can get your body to burn its own protein and it uses excess tissues first like skin not being used
you need to fast for like a week though and several times

>grandmother that raised me funeral a couple weeks ago
>week before that she was at my/her/moms house knowing she was gonna die
>slept over for that week to help along with deal with hospice nurses
>gave her her last bites of yogurt that she could stomach before she was on that morphine
>died a bit from that
>incredibly stressful, every distant family member coming by to say their peace
>random family drama coming out of the woodwork as expected
>actual burial and funeral just leaving me numb or in near tears
>not keeping track of gym/eating
>people bring by food of course
>or take me and mom out to eat feeling bad for us
>finally now it's slowed down to some sense of normal
>oh shit it's been a month since I've really used fitness pal or looked at calories and I've gone to the gym once per week maybe
>weigh self
>lost 2 pounds
>huh

so idk it's been alright I guess

Time to get back at it. It kinda all re-inspired me. I saw her at 92 and I wanna reach that age but better. I know I'll die some day but I'd like to be more mobile than her in her last months. I'm also gonna have it explicitly written "NO DNR, FUCK SURGERY PAST 80, LET ME JUST DRINK A BOTTLE EVERY DAY AFTER 91 AND DIE FROM MY LIVER CAUSE FUCK DYING FROM HEART OR LUNG FAILURE" in tattoo on my back after 70.

>BMI
Can we stop this meme?

This thread is about fatties. BMI applies to fatties much better than to other Veeky Forumsizens.

But body fat percentage is more important, and was provided in the post.
BMI is worthless to anyone with even 6 months lifting experience.

The puff will decrease as you lose weight. It did for me.

>you just want to see the man boobs

You wont know for sure you have gyno until you get to a low bf. I know people who had huge floppy tits that disappeared completely upon losing all of their fat.

fellow fatfuck here
so I recently started exercising and I noticed that the area around my stomach (mostly the sides) are almost constantly aching (especially after or during exercising) I've never had this problem before and was wondering what exactly was causing it.

that's gas fatty, fart more.

but at the same time, use care
trusting a fart is sometimes a mistake

>measuring for bf% thing
>15 inch neck
my heads fuckin' huge, but on the plus side I'm apparently at 20%

That's one of the least accurate measurements though. I'd try those callipers or if you have the ability the water weighing.

alright, I'll get some calipers, because that did seem too low