QTDDTOT

old thread Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Smug qt edition

I'm skinnyfat now. If I lift and cut until I'm just skinny, will I get skinnyfat again when I start eat at a surplus?

Other urls found in this thread:

active.com/fitness/calculators/bodyfat
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who is this semen demon?

Does this look accurate?

6'2 180-181, do PPLUL (2 hours ish most days with 3.5 on Upper days) at around 1/2/3/4, run 2 miles in half mile sprints on those days except Leg days where i run 1 mile, and do bag work for boxing 3 days / wk

Can I actually cut on 2500? Sounds heavenly

Try.
I would think mote of 2400
But try.
And adjust on the way

>trying to lose potbelly
>TDEE calculator said my TDEE was ~2800 cals daily
>decide to cut to 2000 cals a day
>lifting 3x a week
>been doing this for 2 months
>all clean food; chicken, fish, turkey, beef, spinach, broccoli/other greens, brown/white rice and whole wheat bread
>have lose 0 lbs

what am I doing wrong? did i calculate my tdee wrong? should i cut to 1500 or 1000 cals a day?

go sub 1000 for a month to shock your body

When you do a clean bulk, it should be ok.

Either calculated wrong or can't count calories properly
t. lost 8lbs in 3 weeks on >500kcal deficit

I've heard that your ideal squat stance depends on your anatomy, how long your femur is etc...

How do i find my best position?

just b urself

At the moment I'm doing an AxBxAxx style of workout with mainly compound lifts and some accessories. I'm. Interested in adding in some calisthenics, mainly just for skill practice, should I add it in on days with similar workouts or should I do that on off days?

Another quick question, would you guys consider Landmine thrusters an acceptable replacement for overhead press?

Not on off days, that would be stupid

What many don't realise is the huge work ohp does for the lateral part of the deltoid if done correctly (for that frame)

I guess the gist of what I'm doing is Appling the starting strength template to the /hmg/ idea of getting strong and thicc, so I want to do something for my shoulders involving a compound lift but I'm just not feeling OHP.

I've become reliant on my weightlifting belt, my core is weak and it's holding back many of my lifts.
How to strengthen core so I don't need the belt as much? I'm not even at 1/2/3/4 so I shouldn't need it as much. I can't squat above 150 without the belt, never deadlifted without it.

Not talking abs, I'm talking core. Strength, not size.

How are you supposed to measure progress when you don't have access to a scale? I'm living in a college dorm, and the only scale around is the one in the gym, which is old as fuck and it's never zeroed. I have no idea if I'm going over maintenance and gaining weight, or undershooting my calories and accidentally cutting more.

I ate like shit and didn't lift for the past 7 days (was sick). I want to go back tomorrow.

any advice? should I decrease my lifts significantly?

buy a scale?

On a related note to this. How long can you go without a belt. Getting close to 3 plate diddly and close to lmao2pl8 squat and it seems fine. Rather not use a belt as much as possible for them sweet core gains. Just don't wanna all the sudden snap my shit up

Any opinions on the attached daily intake? I'm aiming at around 500 under my TDEE.

Can/should I go lower on my carbs and ramp up the protein a bit?

I'm adding 200g of grilled chicken breast to the Mason Jar salad tomorrow to bump that up a touch, otherwise any ideas for improvements?

Just do your warm up weights and see how you feel, you will almost certainly end up deloading a bit. It happens, no big deal.

I hear that some people can step 1-2 hours in the gym yet I can get through 6 exercises 4x8-12 and 20 mins of cardio in about 70 mins.What gives? I still tired after my workout so I doubt it's that I'm not doing enough

Meant carb goals

Are bench dips really dangerous? I wanted to start doing them but I've read on a several sites that they can damage the shoulder joint. Is there really a lot of risk involved? I'm talking non-weighted.

they warm up and have 4-7 minutes breaks between sets.

What's the best app for fitness routines?

Squat routine
3x8 1x3-5 1x1 1x1

Good for strength?

Its easy to fuck up as you require the mobility of a gymnasts to do them with any weight without issues.

Regulare dips are better as it requires less shoulder flexibility, and you can use more weight.

stop using belts. drop the weight if neccesary.

How is my form?

i am 3-4 kg overweight and i have started gym few months ago, going well but still ramping up and correcting forms before i can claim some gains.

is it a good idea to lose fat before trying hard to lose muscle, trying to do both at the same time or can i just don't give a fuck about those few kgs?

Why does my rear delt area hurt anytime I do any chest excercise? Bench, flys, dips etc. hurt the back of my shoulders like shit.

Uh is it muscle pain or something else?

Been lifting just under a year and put together this a couple of months ago, rate?

A - Chest and tri:
Bench press 5x5
Dumbbell decline 5x5
Barbell incline 5x5
Cable Chest fly's 3x15
Body weight dips 3x8
EZ bar Skull crushers 3x12
Tri pull down 3x15
Tri cable extension 3x20

B - Back and bi:
Deadlift 2x5
Body weight pull ups 3x8
Pendlay row 5x5
Lat pulldown chin up grip 3x12
Cable row 3x12
EZ bar preacher curls 3x15
Hammer curls 3x15
Slow curls with pause 3x5

C - Leg and core:
Squats 5x5
Leg press 12, 10, 8, 6
Leg curls 3x12
Leg extension 3x12
Calf raises 3x15
Plank 1 minute
Weighted sit ups 3x30
Side bends with a plate 3x20

D - Shoulders and core:
Barbell military press 5x5
Arnold press 3x8
Ez bar upright rows 3x12
Cable raise 3x12
Plank 1 minute
Weighted sit ups 3x30
Side bends with a plate 3x20

ABxCDxA
BxCDxAB
xCDxABx
CDxABxC
DxABxCD
xABxCDx
ABxCDxA

It feels like muscle pain, yeah. It's been doing this for a while and I don't feel any long lasting joint pain or anything.

Why would it be muscle pain though? Rear delts don't really get worked during chest workouts... do they?

Your upper back stabilizes on bench especially db bench and flys. I don't think you should feel it on dips though. I'm guessing you're having chest day directly after back day so your back's already sore

Gonna sound like a retard but any ways to look fatter, besides clothing, i.e. through things such as increased water retention, without actually getting much fatter, or at least in a way that's easily burnt off.

Basically, i'm stuck living with my parents for another year and have another 30-50lbs left to burn off yet am being accused of being "too skinny". I realise i could avoid this somewhat by increasing lean mass, currently skinnyfat, but it'll take a while to build that mass and i'd prefer to be at a lighter weight before i bulk.

I'm doing PPL, so My chest workouts usually come the day before I work my back.

How do I resist the call of ice cream? My step dad always buys more and so we always have some in the house. I can tell myself not to drink soda, but I just can't seem to do that with ice cream. Any ideas?

also how do i become thicc i need an ass that could bounce me to mars

Got myself a treadmill because I am training to apply for the air force

I need a 2.4km run in 11 minutes maximum to be eligible to enlist.

My plan is to put the treadmill at 3.6m/s and to run for 60 seconds at this pace and then stop
Then the next day I'll do it again for an additional 30 seconds (90 overall seconds), and so on for 22 days until I can run for 11 minutes and 3.6m/s which brings me to the fitness standard required to enlist.

Will this work? I'll be using ammonia, coffee and sips to help me.

Best tips for wrist mobility for front squats?

What are some topics to talk about with cardio bunnies when you ask to work in with them on a machine. My uni gym the sorority sloots workout in groups and It can take forever if you wait for them to finish. But I just stand there like an autist between sets and say nothing.

youtube

How long do you think it'd take to go from 20% bf to 12%. I am 6'1" 200 pounds currently. I cut from 230 to 200, and I'm not sure if i should cut further.

3-4 months

I don't feel deads in my back and not my core - no DOMS or anything. Could it be that my core is stronger than my back? I guess I'll find out once I'm getting closer to 3pl8

>I don't feel deads in my back and not my core
I meant to say "I feel deads in my back but not my core" or "I don't feel deads in my core, just my back" but got them fucked like "ARE YOU FUCKING SORRY" soccer kid

Anyone have any good stretching / mobility / foam roll / whatever videos?

Right now for stretching I do P90X x-stretch (inb4 meme) and random Youtube videos just to have some noise / program etc. Anyone got any routines or channels that go through a stretching 'session'?

ty

Are pyramid sets and reverse pyramid sets effective for a natty ?

Focus on compound lifts and cardio to get the fat off when you cut. If you CLEAN BULK you will not get skinnyfat again. Just stick to your oatmeal, chicken breast, greens, protein powder etc.

Don't clean bulk using peanut butter, that shit ain't clean

Veeky Forums moral question
I started seeing this girl...and were gonna fuck tomorrow night.
Problem is....I found her on FB...and she has a husband in the military....deployed.

Should I do it...I mean if i don't someone else will right? Feel kinda guilty but she's really fucking hot.

wat do.
Pic related: she's bretty Veeky Forums

We can't make this call for you, but the fact that you realize it might be wrong should mean something.

After getting cheated on in my last relationship, I know I could never do that to someone else. But you do what you think is right, my dude.

Smash it. His fault for not being there

I need help some help
Skinny fat 6 foot 150 pounds
I need some stuff to add on my to my workout
Currently do bench press but I can only lift about 65 pounds (barely 5x3) yes I know that's bad
I have a home gym and I can't do like dead lifts because we're my gym is brick. Anyways just give me some ideas other than just push-ups and bench presses please

I got Veeky Forums to pass RIP so I could learn skills to fuck up the guy my ex cheated with and get away with it. And I guarantee you there are plenty of psychos like me around

Do it and tell husband

She's obviously not faithful, and you're obviously not the first. Hit it, quit it, forget about it.

>Hs fault for not being there
Yeah haha, his fault for being deployed in the army and helping defend the country, right? Fuck that guy.

with those hips, you should consider becoming a trap

Yeah I know my hips are big I get it but I don't wanna be depressed and plus if I was like 5'6 or shorter I would
Consider it but I feel my height is to good to waste and also I feel ill kinda fill in if I get bigger

what body fat% is this?

Haha he signed up. I didn't see the difference.

what kind of equipment do you have?

Try all the forms out there.
This is why you dont use a belt until you hit heavy levels.
You are a dyel. When you hit higher weights your body cant just bounce back.
Its not your rear delts but maybe your rhombs. They work in retracted of the scapula which is used in bench/push. Ive had what you are describing several times after a heavy push day.
ass is squats, glute bridges and barbell lunges.
hey can I work in? Thanks, what year are you girls? What major? Then mention your major, if they seem interested talk about it in basic terms for bit. That can get you going. Hardest part is starting the convo.

>Its not your rear delts but maybe your rhombs.
It doesn't feel like that area when I bench, but I'll def try to work on them more and see if that helps

Deads is back and hamstring....so i think you are good
The husband may die or get permanently injured for your safety and benefit, you are a terrible person if you do it. Find the husband and tell him.
Haha people believe in defending their country and loved ones. Like haha how dumb, im le edgy Veeky Forums poster.

pls help

my squat is so weak, i can barely do 90kg for 5 reps and i weigh 80kg and can deadlift 140 and bench 80... my lower back hurts if i try too hard on my squats

what do? should i upload a form vid?

If its your back its not delts, delts are on shoulder. See if you can find a picture of a human and circle where it hurts and post here and I can tell for sure.

I guess I see your point. I just hate how unfaithful women are. Can't trust any of them, so why bother trying to get a gf or fwb?

What's a decent protein powder I can buy in Australia that doesn't taste like shit?

what he said^

Im training boxing and jiu jitsu and lifting to beat the everliving shit out of the kid who knew the girl he was fucking was with me, don't care if its petty, don't care if they're together or not when the time comes, he's got it coming...

>I would do it anyway desu
>becareful of guys like me and

Upload form vid, lower weight, keep back straighter when you squat, work on core

gf no fwb why not? wear a condom

Just a bench probably like 300pounds hundred pounds of weight and 2 20 pound dumbells

Gir;s get too attached. Of the five fwb I've had, three of them have gotten too emotionally attached to me. One of theme even sent me a pissed off text when I cut all contact with her, whining about how much she cared about me.

Plus even my fwbs make me spend money on them. Shit gets old after a while.

Do you think its acceptable for your wife to cheat on you? If you dont want women to cheat you cant then sleep with cheating women. Toxic behavior leads to toxic behavior.

>Do you think its acceptable for your wife to cheat on you?
Absolutely not, I'm not a cuck.
>If you dont want women to cheat you cant then sleep with cheating women. Toxic behavior leads to toxic behavior.
That's what I'm trying to say. With modern feminism "empowering" women nowadays, sleeping with cheating girls only seems to encourage this shitty behavior.

We're like kindred spirits or some other poetic shit.

Do you give a fuck if you get caught or are you looking to get away with it like I did?

hmmm... well you made the right move, just keep cutting em off if they don't get you just want to fuck.

do you want a LTR one day? you'll find one you want eventually through fwb arrangements

since you can't deadlift is squatting out of the question? Besides bench, do ohp, and chinups or pullups. You'll want to do as much as you can to build up your back to balance out your birthing hips

>That's what I'm trying to say. With modern feminism "empowering" women nowadays, sleeping with cheating girls only seems to encourage this shitty behavior.
Good you understand. Try to tell her husband, if you cant then just move on. You want to have sex with good women not bad ones.

don't give a shit, have no violent history, so i likely wouldn't do time.. kid doesn't seem like the nark type so i think he would accept his beating and move on

I need to find a bar to do chin ups I guess I'll and I guess squatting isn't out of the question

GOt out of a three year relationship about three months ago because she found someone better and left me for him. I'm also 99% sure they were fucking for the last month of the relationship, so I'm not in a hurry for any type of relationship anytime soon.
Oh sorry, I'm not the guy who posted that. But I agree with what you said, he should def tell the husband.

Good exercises for core strength/stability/whatever? Especially strengthening the TVA

So Veeky Forums, I started doing a bodyweight routine because I had a huge anxiety problem with gyms. I've been doing it for a couple months now and I feel a little bit more comfortable working out, so I was going to try out a gym for a little bit. So two questions:

1. I was planning on doing SL5x5, but is there another routine I should do? Again, not experienced at all with free weights.

2. Are any of the big chains remotely good? I know to avoid planet fitness because they apparently don't have a barbell usually? But where do you all work out?

You don't wanna make it look per-meditated, that's gonna be an aggravating factor. Make it look like a coincidence that you were in the same place at the same time. Maybe have it so both of you are alone with no one around and especially no camera (eg bathroom, walk in, see if he's alone, look under stalls, if coast is clear do your business and make it your word against his, but know your story by heart.) Good luck, user, and if that doesn't work out you can get swole in prison

Is there any help for knee pain?

I've been stretching before and after running, maybe start doing squats too? halp

pls respond

So I'm trying to find my TDEE and I cant decide if I'm lightly active or moderately active, I run 2 miles 6 days a week at ~8.5 mph and follow with 100 sit ups and push ups and some other misc. stretching. The whole thing takes about an hour and a half but thats with transit, Im only running for about 15 mins. Right now I'm 5'10" 137 and at 2250 cals just trying to maintain. So is this considered light or moderate activity?

active.com/fitness/calculators/bodyfat

I'd find a measuring tape and go from there

ill try that thanks but was wondering what you guys thought too

Sup guys.
1.75m/75kg skinnyfat here.
I'm doing Ivysaurs 4/4/8 training and doing quite well. Been doing SL and Smolov before, now at 110kg squats (1rep after smolov was 152.5kg), 80kg bench (1 rep is like 100kg) and still going up.

Talking much, just wanted to ask if you think it's enough to do 1x per week 1 hour of cycling plus eating clean to get rid of my skinnyfat.
Sorry for the euro pleb meisures

"No other images found"
woah

Im at a uni gym and I started with literally just squats as it was nice and safe and comfy in the rack. Dont focus on routine so much until you are over your anxiety.
Running is bad for you. Knee wraps if you need to persist.

How much cardio is too much cardio?

I do 1 hour of full body muscle workout followed by 30 minutes of elliptical/bike cardio

Next day I do 1 hour or so of swimming/yoga/biking

Is that a good amount of cardio without jeopardizing my muscle gains?

thank you julius

might be a bit too much, but if you don't feel like absolute fatigued ass after a week of doign it you might be fine. if you do then cut back a bit.

I was a runner before I started lifting, and I still go for a 6-mile run every week. However, my squat is weak as FUCK. I DL 225, bench 130 and squat around 140.

How much does my long-distance running impact my squats? Is it some kinda slow vs. fast muscle bullshit?

One is strength the other is conditioning