Why am i getting stronger but not noticeably bigger?

Why am i getting stronger but not noticeably bigger?

Low reps, heavy weight.
High reps, light weight will give you mass, but not strength. I.E German Volume Training.
Just make sure you do 6 or 8 reps. 7 neither gives you size or strength.

If you wanna get bigger eat more. Don't complain about gaining strength, it facilitates gaining muscle

Because you're natty

but then id get fat from eating to much?

You can't gain muscle without gaining fat, and you can't gain any mass if you're not at a caloric surplus. Did you even read the sticky before starting to train, doing so for (I assume)at least a few weeks, then coming here and making this thread?

LOL this.

everyone wants to avoid the truth. But this is the answer.

Know your place nattys.

If i had you right in front of me you wouldn't talk shit like that

Noob gains

Strength is a skill

do high rep low weight

why would you not want to look bigger, even if it means youre not as strong.

I had you if right of me you talk shit wouldn't like that.

the application of strength is a skill.

Someone post the graph

Not OP but kinda opposite problem. Following a very hypertrophy based split routine, making really nice gains and looking all round bigger but my strength is pretty pathetic and doesn't seem to be going up very much at all. Should I be worried about this? Should I switch to some strength training for awhile?

Strength, Skill, and Will

Virgil ?

Was 8 reps in fall. Don't forget that it changes to 7 after daylight savings.

>you can't gain muscle without gaining fat

this is what Veeky Forums actually believes

>she will never hold my dick like she holds this mic

kill me

You're fat and experiencing body re-composition.

>tfw at 99 str lvl

mirin my str cape, skellies?

Nah, it's ten percent luck, twenty percent skill, fifteen percent concentrated power of will, five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain and a hundred percent reason to read the fucking sticky reeeeeeeeeeeee

>tfw heavy bag training and that song comes on

It is a good feel, lads

kek

If I wanted to laugh I'd just ask you what your one hit max is

this desu

>he doesn't even have a fire cape

Eat more, Eat healthy then do 6-12 reps at 60-80% of your 1RM

Because you're skinny fat, fat, impatient, you're not working as much as you think you do, low testosterone or unfortunate genetics.

cns adaption. if its possible for your body to adapt to the stimulus provided by changing the nervous system only, it will do that first, as adding muscle is a taxing process for your body, and your body wants to take the easiest route. eventually though cns adaption tapers off and the only way for the body to adapt to the stimulus (to gain strength, that is actually what you are asking your body to do by lifting) is to build more muscle, then you reach a limit with that too

>7 neither gives you size or strength
this is good shit

>ciao a tutti! Oggi ci troviamo al palasport di milano...

è italiana?

Just so you faggots know.

The whole 8-12 reps for size idea is based on studies done with reps at a CERTAIN TEMPO.

If you're banging out sets of 12 in 30 seconds then you aren't getting the benefits that the whole reason for sets being prescribed with 12 reps are meant to provide.

The reason 8-12 exists is because its a good way to get 45-60 seconds of time under tension which is what yielded the better mass gains.

because you're natty

HOLY SHIT. I LITERALLY CAME INTO THE THREAD AND TYPED MY ABOVE REPLY, THEN SAW YOU POSTED THIS. LMFAO. HOLY FUCKING SHIT

>All this broscience

Muscles get stronger from lifting, they get BIGGER from lifting + eating a caloric surplus

Its that simple

chill the fuck out nobody gives a shit

>7 neither gives you size or strength

care to enlighten us with your mom science? dumb fuck

Autist spotted.

Your body is recruiting more muscle fibers because you were a lazy piece of shit your whole life and now your cns has to adapt them back id say depends on the person and diet but most people are going to see results maybe 6 months in

Ur getting bigger, you just can't notice.

After I lifted for 1 year I went from chubby dyel to chubby 5/4.5/3/STILL 1.

Besides getting giant quads, I thought I looked mostly the same. One day I helped my lil sister and her gay friends move in a player piano while she took photos. See photos and video of me in action looked way different than the mirror. Still fat, but my back is huge.

Natty limit

change your diet up and switch up programs, uve peaked ur current regime

Fit gives worse advice than women's magazines when it comes to lifting

>135 deadlift and 485 The Press™

You can be strong and not be that big user.

Richard "the Ant" Hawthorne related

>il anno due mille diciasette
>non sto essendo italiano
weak

If you're a beginner then it's a side effect of noob gains especially if you're doing SS