Can we all just use the US metric system from now on??? I dont get how you guys prefer kg when numbers arent even...

Can we all just use the US metric system from now on??? I dont get how you guys prefer kg when numbers arent even ... REEEEEEE
>inb4 amerifat
Not fat, bulking

I want to FUCK that.

You know it, breh.

No.

>1 ton = 1000 kg
>1 kg = 1000 g
>1 g = 1000 mg
vs

>1 pound = 453.59 g

>uneven

Silly americans

>US metric system
This is the average American posters intelligence level

>He doesn't know what a system of metrics is
>calls others dumb

heh

Fuck you.

Are ANTS complaining about that system too?

>how much do you bench bro?
>124737.902 grams

USA does not use stone. EU does though. Nice try.

not him, in fact american, but you said metric system.

met·ric sys·tem
noun
the decimal measuring system based on the meter, liter, and gram as units of length, capacity, and weight or mass. The system was first proposed by the French astronomer and mathematician Gabriel Mouton (1618–94) in 1670 and was standardized in France under the Republican government in the 1790s.

>Not using metric 20kg plates
>Implying plates are even that accurate to their labeled weight

Call us when you put a human on the moon. Until then, go away.

I did not make the picture, sir.

My plates are accurate to the +/- 0.1 pound. Are you using some poverty shit or what?

When NASA put humans on the moon they used metric.

The only good thing about the imperial system is a pound and inches (for buildings).
That whole farenheit shit is so offputting that I never tried to learn it or spell it. I know though that it fucking tapers way off at minus 32 and it goes fucking ballistic after that. It is completely nonsensical

The pound is a lot better for weights than kg. It largely if not totally gets rid of the fucking decimal. Plus the larger numbers sound more impressive.

>Putting words in a different order can make them mean something else
Really fires up the ol' synapse
When NASA used imperial they put a satellite on Mars

How is pounds and inches good for buildings.
Lb for weight just means you have to use a bunch of retarded shit like Ounces as well.
The best part of the Imperial system is having 5/16th inch screws

the temp was meant to be relative to human comfort.

You hear "hey it's near below 0 F today" you think "ah fuck cold as balls" you think "hey it's in the 100s F this friday" you know "ah fuck my balls will stick to my ass".

why would you use grams tho, you could do the same thing while using lbs

And btw using kgs is easier than using lbs, but autists here feel weaker because their 300lb diddy turns into 140kgs

1pl8 = 135 = 61 kg
2pl8 = 225 = 102 kg
3pl8 = 315 = 142 kg
4pl8 = 405 = 183 kg

each pl8 is 20kgs

>Human comfort on a scale from -17C which would easily kill you if you weren't inside of people, to 37C which would also kill plenty of people who didn't have water handy

Fuck ounces. Though that's good for drug dealers I guess.

Because you almost never have to get into decimals with pounds. Even the normal plates are some random shit like 20.2 and so on.

Because I build buildings in inches and feet, but mostly focus entirely on inches.
It's accurate without going all autistic and counting billions of lines.
Plus you don't have to make 20.56 meter buildings.

And we use mostly 3/8s screws now. Fucking hate them

Is it 20.4 kg or something close to that?

>61.235
>102.098
>148.882
>183.705

Because you made a case for kg and you're close to a fucking kg off on some of these because you didn't account for decimals.

Which is my entire point. Someone defending the unit of measurement isn't even accurate with it, because the system is flawed for weightlighting unless you go autistic with it.

And those are standards in weightlighting and I've never seen anyone on this site accurately say what 3 plates is in kg

>Even the normal plates are some random shit like 20.2 and so on.
Yeah American plates. Everywhere else uses actual 20kg plates. Shit like sugar and flour comes in 1kg bags instead of 4lb bags only exception being milk for some reason

>american weight weighs more than europeon weight

American weights are heavier because they are made to be a round number for sale in to their target demographic

>>your entire post
Wut?

When lifting with kilos you just keep to even increments of 10 kg. You don't use American plates and sit there with some calculator to figure out how much you're lifting!

And measuring lengths is a lot smoother in meters. I don't have to get out a goat and lay its leg along a plank to get the length of your arbitrary fucking system. And if you ask for a plank that's 2.3 meters long, that's what you get. 230 cm. If you ask for 2.7 feet, no body knows what the fuck you mean. Is it 2 feet 7 inches? 2 feet 8.4 inches? 2 feet 3 goat legs?! No body fucking knows!

Not entirely true. Almost all navigation, burn times, trajectory, etc, was in english units. They used metric for some things, but not mission critical.

This girl looks disgusting without makeup

>Europeons reaching 2plate bench are way weaker than Americans reaching 2plates

The difference is less than a kilo at 2pl8

F is relative to human temperature.

If your such a fucking purist use kelvin faggot

Lb is better for weights as it give you nice rounded numbers that can easily have multiples.

Kg is fucking retarded you need the decimals because the numbers start getting skewed without them.

So Europeans are DYEL got it user.

>be a bong
>best of both worlds

OI M8 ITS 6 BONG LMAO 12STONE

2'7 is 2 7/12. A ft is divided in 12 inches. Dont be a fucking retard.

>Hey user how much did you run?
>I ran 1609.34m or 1.60934km so 1.61km
>Oh so you ran a fucking mile

Having difficulties multiplying by 10 huh? Yeah I remember fourth grade as well!

>Hey user how much did you run?
>I ran 6,214 miles
>Oh so you ran ten fucking kilometers

Ameri-tards seem to have a hard time grasping the concepts that not all other countries base their standard everyday weights and lengths around their batshit crazy system.

>I can't sprint 100 meters. I have to sprint 91.44 meters so it adds up to exactly 100 yards, because that's what some fucker halfway around the world does!

It was actually calibrated roughly from the range of minimum and maximum temperatures in mainland Europe during the 1600s/1700s.

Just fuck her with makeup then.

imperial doesn't use grams so why would they care how many grams are in a pound?

americans are so fucking stupid, i would never ever want to put my foot there

you all should delete yourself from the planet

>tapers way off at -32
>goes fucking ballistic after that
nigga the fuck are you talking about?

>ITT: this isn't what I grew up with so its confusing and wrong

>implying we don't do the 100m for sporting events

tfw can OHP 61 kg, but bench 90kg, can't squat cuz of knee injury, and only diddly 110kg

we use a system of imperials m8.

only sane person ITT

Im a girl, btw.

She looks really normal in regular clothes. Its amazing what makeup can do

>Tfw max weight plate in Europe is 25Kg
>1pl8 in Europe = aprox. 70Kg -> more than 140lbs

Try again.

Skyrim belongs to the Nords, damn Imperials

-32 is the same in f and c. -10 in f is colder than -10 in c. -50 in f is warmer than -50 in c.

It's stupid. Not that it ever gets that cold in America, but it's retarded nonetheless.

America makes 100 pound plates if you want to get autistic.

why is america retarded and the worst but also the best country of all time? fucking annoying thb

a plate = 20 kg
so
>1pl8 = 60 kg
>2pl8 = 100 kg
>3pl8 = 140 kg
>4pl8 = 180 kg

and anything in between is in base ten which is much more logical than whatever system amerifats are using

you're all retarded cuz your small bird brain can't process other numbers. i'm a europoor and i can easily use/count in pounds and kgs as well, but it's much more logical and easy to count using kilos

literally the Constitution.

If not for that stroke of genius then America would have been fucked. America wouldn't be America if it was like other federal states