What will be the next trendy meme religous ideology?

What will be the next trendy meme religous ideology?

First it was atheism
Then it was Norse paganism
Now it's Orthodox Christianity
I think nationalist Buddhism will catch on among edgy young adults soon-ish

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/G5goISKPSH8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Neo-Kekism.

H E I L O D I N *D A B S*

>nationalist Buddhism
Honestly I hope you realize that if Budhism had something similar to the vatican these people would be ex-communicated

Smelly yuppies and new age retards have been pretending to be Buddhists for several decades already.

But Tibetan Buddhism exists

M I T H R A

He's makin a comeback boys!

*slits your cow's throat*

pssh, nothin personal kid

Actually it's going to be Platonism with Chinese Characteristics

Tibetan Budhists don't go around massacring people that they don't like.
The only violence that ever occurs because of them is due to the Chinese attacking them.

Not to mention that the current Dalai Lama preaches that their should be no violence in these acts.

Dalai Llama also denounced the Rohingya massacres, and said that Budha would've helped them.
Note, I think Budha was a person and not god? I'm not budhist

Catholicism

Gnosticism would be my guess.

I hope a mixture

that's the current meme

Zoroastrianism, or Islam.

The return of Greco-Buddhism

Zoroastrians do not accept converts.

Yeah but that's the nice hippy Buddhism
The Buddhism in Myanmar is pretty fucked up and edgy

THE SINGULARITY IS NEAR user. PRAISE THE OMEGA POINT. DAMN THE BASILISK.

Why do you say that?

nationalist buddhism? thaddit be greeaat.

personally i'm waiting for the first religions that are inspired by technology or a.i.

i think it's about time we had a 21st century religion.

depends on what kind. The Parsi Zoroastrians don't accept converts and will excommunicate any member who attempts to convert or otherwise evangelize to Non-Zoroastrians. Other groups like Revivalists are happy to get new converts.

That's funny because Christ would have told Christians To Help the Muslims as well. I guess religion really is just about money and not the teachings.

>among edgy young adults soon-ish
A lot of projection is present in this OP

Islam

Perfect, the hipsters will eat it up.

Zensunni

>Then it was Norse paganism
>Now it's Orthodox Christianity
Neither of these have caught on.

Why do some groups don't want people to convert?

>personally i'm waiting for the first religions that are inspired by technology or a.i.
Roko's Basilisk already exists.

From a sociological viewpoint?
Many small religions are tight-knit endogamic groups surviving in much larger societies, a bit like jews.
Not all religions are big evangelical ones trying to convert everyone on Earth, most of the old ones were semi-open big states religions like greco-roman paganism.

Tibetan Buddhism is exactly like Vatican, as in it combined a secular and a religious hierarchy with a leader empowered with supernatural authority and properties.

When the Tibetan Buddhists were political, they would ask their Mongol patrons to attack other sects. Probably rare, but it happens when political disagreements happen between the numerous Tibetan sects.

Not to mention small religious groups are often persecuted in one way or another
If it becomes known they are actively trying to proselytize members of the dominant religion you can expect those persecutions to increase

Even if persecution didn't exist today (which it does) the religious tradition would strongly discourage proselytizing

You can't sleep next to a mad dog.

I don't understand why sufis aren't hot as shit.
youtu.be/G5goISKPSH8

kys fucking brainlets who think Christ or Buddha would have advocated for your meme liberal humanism
we’ve had religion which worships technology for the past 300 years user. it’s called atheism.

Next to learn about

>Tibetan Budhists don't go around massacring people that they don't like.
Yeah, its not as if Tibet failed to reunify because competing Monasteries were basically theocratic fiefdoms who split the country apart. Nope, not at all.

Orthodox Christianity isn't a meme

Judaism

>Neither of these have caught on.
That's because it's all just a phase by vocal contrarian retards.

>le Christians should just let themselves be ground into the dirt
>even though the bible literally ends with a giant battle between good and evil

What is the endgame of trendy religious people? I think it'll end up with most of them being agnostics and the rest being extremist Muslims.

Bogomilism