I started about 8 months ago with Stronglifts like a lot of people and then a few months in switched to a PPL...

I started about 8 months ago with Stronglifts like a lot of people and then a few months in switched to a PPL. Looking back I haven't really gained a whole lot of strength. I weight about 146-147 and BP 115x5, SQ 165x5, DL 205x5. Should I just go back to stronglifts and push harder before going back to a more complex program?

8 months in at your bodyweight I was at 265 for 3 sets of 5. Definitely push harder bro

I'm gonna now have 4 months with SL and want to change to something and start cutting.
Would you recommend PPL routine?

kg or lb? This makes a great deal of difference, friendo.

All in lbs. It's pretty pathetic I know

>fell for the SS/SL is a meme meme

have you even been trying to increase your lifts?

add weight to the bar every day until your lifts aren't so terrible. if you get stuck on a weight, eat more food

If you're stronger than when you started, then that's progress.

It's not ideal progress, but you know that. The perspective from this point is how you can better your progress in future.

Stick with SL, do it *consistently* and ensure you're eating properly. Log your lifts with stuff like Symetrical Strength and once you're up in the intermediate level, start thinking about alternative programs.

Wide Back and Iron Grip will come to you, but only if you post LIGHT WEIGHT BABY in this thread

Ditch SL as it's shit compared to SS for novices.

Consistently do SS and deload all of your current lifts to 70-80% when you start. Eat more than you think you should and really focus on "feeling" the muscles you work during each exercise, especially on squat.

DO NOT do any accessories until the program calls for it.

>8 months
>115lb squat

breh... what have you been doing

did you forget to eat? Are you a manlet or a lanklet skelly?

his squat was 165lbs, but yeah. that's really bad progress for 8 months.

The reality is without a coach you're gonna make shit gains starting out because you don't know how to lift. Now that you've hopefully got form down just eat more and lift more and the gains will come.

Does SS even really work for dudes that start off with no prior athletic history and low muscle mass? It seems it's designed for dudes that have a lot of strength potential that their nervous system simply hasn't built pathways to use as effectively as it could.

The point is to build muscle mass quickly for people who haven't lifted before.

It really does work for the average dyel, but you HAVE to eat enough. Don't be afraid to gain a little weight, just don't let it get so out of control that you turn into a lardass.

... what if you start as a lardass?

>The point is to build muscle mass quickly for people who haven't lifted before.

The point is to max out those easy noob gains, mostly in the legs, till you inevitably hit the wall and the program becomes stupid and useless and you're left with large thighs and the vague stupid idea that you have to continuously put monsterous amounts of weight on the bar or you're not progressing.

You look like shit, you're probably injured, and you have a dangerous mindset when it comes to natural weight lifting.

I'm someone with no prior athletic background, a lanklet.
I'm 4 weeks into SS. Should i ditch? 4-5 months is enough?
You seem to have knowledge, share with me, please.

What are you trying to accomplish?

i'd prob eat at maintenance, you've got enough fat to act as surplus

I'm trying to be less of a weakling and have a good, aesthetic body.
Main goal: aesthetics.

I chose SS because it was made suposely to those who had zero experience lfting weights, but is been really hard, i'm progressing 2kg every training and i'm frustrated.

hmmmm, do u care about strength? this is from a strength fag as well but if ur happy of ur looks then keep on doing ppl. if not then it seems like u have shit form for lifting 8 months, do SL with minimal assistance like pullups/chins/dips and some ab work to gain strength quickly and get better under the bar

then after a month or so of doing that do ICF 5x5 to max muscle+strength gains. i hate blaha but he def knows his shit for novice lifters like u

SS was actually ripped off of only the strong survive. And that was created specifically for fairly ahtletic and active young highschool aged teenaged boys.

If you're a lanklet and want to get built and strong then I suggest starting out with a few months of eating more food and calisthenics and little in the way of aerobics or cardiovascular training.
After about 3-6 months then you can start into weight lifting. Weight lifting is a basic bodybuilding plan alongside some the occasional strength training.
Any program that has you doing a ton of lower body work and very little upper body work and only is concerned with perfecting a few lifts is trash. it's not about making you strong or fit or aesthetic, it's about making you good at lifting weights.

Bench: 143
OHP: 105
Rows: 115
Squat: 190
Deadlift: 202

all in lbs, all for sets of 5. is this okay for 5 months GSLP? started with pretty much the empty bar for everything exept deadlifts

145 is still very light, start slow bulking and do something like SS but with a couple of added accessories at the end of each workout, similar to icf 5x5.

Greyskull >>>>>>>>>>>> SS, SL

For intermediate, man i dont know...its a cluster fuck of choices
>Madcow 5x5
>Juggernaut
>Beyond brawl
>Texas method
>Lyle McDonald stuff
>Built like a badass

It can be overwhelming, but main thing is to remember to progress WEEKLY, not every training like before.
It can be done by having less training days but busting your balls hard.
Or having some complex program that has volume, deload and intensity days, combined with cycles of training and rest...etc..etc.