If I'm a shareholder of 80% or more of a company can I choose to liquidate the company or at least liquidate it for say...

If I'm a shareholder of 80% or more of a company can I choose to liquidate the company or at least liquidate it for say, at least $1 million, can I choose to do that if I need or want the money?

how about you sell you share?

The share is worth less thsn a cent.

Most company constitutions will have something like 'clawback' clauses.

This essentially means that if you want to sell your shares, the other shareholders have the choice of forcing you to either:
a) buy their shares for the same price as yours, or
b) sell your shares to them

If you're the majority shareholder then yes, the executive chairman will report to you; essentially. But choosing to liquidate the company is difficult. The directors you elect, assuming you have them on the board; will have to be convinced to vote for your motion (to liquidate). If you've got 80% of the company but only 2 of 8 directors on the board, then you have no real say other than to sell your shares.

I'm willing to bet you probably inherited your share of a company or quite literally stumbled into it by happenstance or accident. Don't just attempt to liquidate a fucking company you retard. Sell your shares.

That's like dismantling your house and selling each brick, floorboard and ceiling tile instead of just selling it to another buyer.

what?

I will own most of the company, and I want millions fast, why not liquite the company and take the spoils?

Liquidate*

How would one get more board seats/voting power?

Just take a loan from a financial institution like JPMorgan, Deutsche, HSBC or Bank of America and hand them your shares as collateral. They will most likely loan you 65-80% of what the shares are worth on the market.

Then make your income be at least 1kk month, durrrr.

I can do that? How? I just want at least 600-700k to buy a house. That's why I want to liquidate part of the compsny for $1 million.

if you own 80% of a company you can choose to wind it up and liquidate it, yes. you will get 80% of the money from the sale of its assets less any liabilities.

if just want to draw $1m from the company, it becomes more complicated. if the company is not publicly traded you have two choices: simply pay yourself $1m and associated income/payroll taxes etc, or issue a dividend, in which case you will also need to pay the other shareholders something

if the company is publicly traded your only choices would be either to issue a dividend or sell some shares in the company

usually a dividend must be issued proportionately to all shareholders, so if you need $1m then whoever owns the other 20% of the company gets $250k (20% of a $1.25m dividend)

Having more shares. The more shares you have the more voting power you have.

If you own 80% of the company you basically own 80% of the income, just be patient and withdraw only a small % each month, you will end up with dozen of times more money in the course of your life than you would get by selling the company.

>How would one get more board seats/voting power?

Convince the board members to vote for you by buying them expensive stuff or taking them to expensive dinners. If that doesn't work then you will have to take more drastic measures. Find dirt on them(cheating wife/man, tax evasion, cp on their pc etc) and then subtly blackmail them. If they don't respond to your threats then you will be forced to "liquidate" them by spreading rumours about them and causing them to get fired.

I'm gonna own the whole company.

Is it possible to vote them out at any time (and possibly appoint yourself) if you have a majority? Assuming there is no vetoing minority?

i suggest you talk to an accountant then, you need professional advice on tax minimisation

>Is it possible to vote them out at any time
I think so, I'm pretty sure shareholders have this power. That's why companies are always on shareholders' cock.

neato

>What is duurrr market cap?

The fuck is this company and who did you steal it from? You seem too retarded to have create a company worth anywhere near 1mil.

I'm gonna own all the shares of the company, it has a low volume of shares.

What does market cap have to do with anything?

corrupt government gave it to him i bet.
if this was someone's kid they would have written them out of their will.

Then how the fuck is it worth anywhere near 1 million?

Is it some fuck up mining operation with expensive equipment or something?

>Is it some fuck up mining operation with expensive equipment or something?
Why would I tell you what they do?

Did you murder your grand dad and all of the other beneficiaries to get this company or something? This is the only way I can think of that you would be able to obtain 80% of the shares of a company without knowing what a market cap is.

Why does it matter? You think we're going to track you down based off what this company you're trying to liquidate does?

I know the market cap. You assumed I didn't.

You said the shares are worth a cent. That means literally nothing if there's, say, 3 million shares. So why the fuck did you bother saying that?

Because it might not be worth anything if you liquidate it you fool. Have you looked at the books of the company, assets liabilities, have you inspected it, do you know who would buy? Why not just sell the company then? If it's already trading on an exchange that initself can be worth something that people might be willing to pay for.

He won't even give as any information. This is either a larp or some old fuck accidentally gave the company to the wrong kid.

I know they're raising up to 25 million dollars for equiment. I could liquidate thst shit and take the employees' daughters as wives.

kys you larping poorfag. Keep dreaming big and maybe one day you'll die alone in a ditch.

Does that really work in practice?

Stay mad faggot.

Stay mad, faggot. *

No wonder you all you do is larp on Veeky Forums. You failed English at school and now you can't find a job.

That doesn't mean much, if I had a low/negative margin business that in practice is worthless I still might be able to raise money for a loan to get equipment.

Like I said look at the book value of the company and find specific buys of the items. Talk to an accountant. You seem foolish and dumb and the business is probably better off not belonging to you.

Good luck!

Not my fault I'm poor, and liquidating small companies could be my ticket to becoming a rich dirtbag like you. Also, you're triggered easily, go sip ur tea scum.

If you've got a company with millions worth of assets then you're not poor, you're just fucking stupid. Now how about you give us some information so we know you're not larping and then MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, you won't lose it all like a fucking brainlet.

LOL I'm not telling you my company fucking idiot.

Obvious larp is obvious. Next time try to actually pay attention to what the person is saying and respond to it like a retard rather then making shit up and just being a retard.

So the market cap is what my company's worth? Therefore my networth?

What is the market cap then?

How many shares does the company consist of and how much are they worth.

Jesus, just go read a fucking book on it or something. LARPing on Veeky Forums won't get you nowhere.

You said my company's assets are my networth, is my company's martket cap also part of my networth?

My shares aren't worth much. And the company has a low volume of shares.

You're useless.

You're a larping faggot who won't give any pertinent information and then expects tailored answers.

You just want my company, so you can go about trolling. Answer the question then I'll consider telling you my company.

Have you done any math whatsoever to determine what the company is actually worth?
If you don’t want to sell an 80% stake because it’s not enough, 100% won’t make much of a difference.

OP you are being a massive fag rn. Why bother asking for advice in something without giving anything away it makes no sense

Stop giving attention to this faggot

Hahaha wtf this guy might be actually retarded. Also the antisemitic imagery definitely seems to correlate with cluelessness.

Times to number of shares with the value of them.

>can I choose to liquidate the company or at least liquidate it for say, at least $1 million
This guy...