Any of you britlads go here? Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BRtw9pJhGGk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Decent. Bit busy though and not enough benches at mine

I'm a snap fitness kind of guy

for some reason i didn't think they had gyms in the uk

Bump

easyGym is god tier, everything else is shit.

(Based on a sample size of one easygym membership, two TheGym ones, and one PureGym.)

Its good

4am masterrace

These places always look like a gym raped a school disco

cheap and convenient, utterly packed around the time everyone finished up work though.

So busy in pure gyms. Half your workout is waiting for a piece of equipment. Xercise4less is better. Less people more weight lifting equipment and bigger gyms

Depends on the branch, the EasyGym here in Diff literally has no equipment, while the Puregym is decked out. Puregym in Brissle has been good in my expericene too, the one in the town centre was godly.

Recommended Gyms in East Manchester?

Is snapfitness any good? I'm about to start a gym, and I want somewhere decent I can go to at like 5 am.

The one in my town is pretty shit, I mean you can train there no problem but I didn't really like it.
I went for a free trial a girl who I was sort of seeing, and never went again. They kept texting me and ringing me for a couple of months after as well, absolute dickheads.

Olympic sports gym

Better leisure

Because I like to swim too. Decent set up, maybe a little expensive but I feel the equipment reflects it.

Commercial gyms are fucking terrible

yep
I go to a strongman/bb'ing gym that's in all honesty a bit poverty (new owner is doing a good job of doing it up though) but I'd not consider going anywhere else to train. Great blokes there, decent equipment and they're moving the strongman events kit back into it.

I mainly use those of 'The Gyms'. The one on Gosforth High Street in Newcastle. Anyone else use it?

It's a small one but it has a power rack, a platform, a squat rack and a bench press amongst the hundred or so treadmills and machines, but the main problem is the people that use it. I will regularly have to skip workouts if the only time in the day I have to go is between 5-7 (need to sleep early for work sometimes), because it just isn't worth the hassle of dealing with a stupid people.

For instance, I can't believe how many people don't seem to understand the concept of sets and sharing equipment. The big one is actually the dip/pull up equipment. Normies fucking love doing crunches in this piece of equipment, and I had one time when I asked to work in with some inbred looking chav, and he said 'no chance' and looked like he wanted to fight me. There was another time I asked a woman and she seemed to shit herself and apologised for 'stealing' it from me, even though she had been using it before me.

The power rack, squat rack, and bench press are all pretty condensely packed also, and people regularly try to squeeze in between them when sets are going on. I've even had one dip shit literally lay down a yoga mat and a bunch of -10kg db's to do some superset shit right next to me when squatting, and one time when I was mid squat, he starts doing his crunches or whatever right underneath my barbell path.

Oh and there's only ever one 10kg bumper plate because dip shits keep breaking them. I think the gym owners have just decided not to reinvest in a new one because it keeps happening.

Anyway rant over. On the weekends I go to a real gym in North Shields that is fuckin great. Super quiet but expensive. Worth it though.

Also the thing I like about old school hardcore type gyms is that it is always the same people you see training there and everyone speaks to each other.

The atmosphere is a lot better.

I go to TotalFitness. I think they are just a northern chain.

£35 a month (though its raised to £42 per month nowadays for anyone joining newly)

Good well equipped gym but fucking Muslim lads have no manners regarded cleaning up after themselves. Dumbells and plates just get left all over the gym.

Not far from me, looks alright, why would you recommend it?

Decent powerlifters, bodybuilders etc train there. Equipment is really good quality.

Also big Tom trains there

instagram.com/p/BRtw9pJhGGk

I'm like absolute beginner king of the skinnyfats mode at the moment, is it for more experienced lifters or will I be alright?

My main issue with going a gym, and the reason I keep putting it off is I'm massively anxious and self conscious about going in and having no idea what I'm doing and being judged for it. I need a friend that knows what they're doing really to guide me through the initial stages.

It's fine for anyone there's loads of "normal" people/beginners.

You can also pay per session so don't have to sign up or anything, and the guys who work there are very helpful.

Thanks man, I'll give it a go

same gym bro, when u go?

Recently I've been going any time between 10am-2pm.

sun/tue/thu afternoons for me, was just wondering if i might have seen u

i go at ridiculous times to avoid the masses people
>5am
>11pm

I get my squat rack or bench

How much do you lift user? I only pay attention to other people if they have nice lifts ;)

can anyone recommend anywhere in birmingham for a beginner/intermediate

Dorian Yates' gym Temple Gym surely

Know a bird that went there. Said it was rammed at peak time. Sounded a bit uni crowd for me so good place to meet birds probably.

I go to fitness first. Mines pretty good - has everything you could want. Although DBs only go up to 50kg which I'm not far off for DB bench press so might have to move when I get there

i don't think u will have payed attention user ;(

I nearly went there, but ended up in xercise4less. its supposedly a budget gym, but nothing about it says budget to me. the equipment is well maintained, of which theres everything you'd ever need - multiple benches, squat racks, dumbells, pull up/dips machines, rowing machines etc etc. its not 24/7 but i've never found that to be an issue as i'd never be going at odd hours anyways. 6am as soon as they open their doors every morning, 8am on sat/sun. this is in glasgow - i've read about issues with other xercise4less gyms.

costs me £10/month. pic related is downstairs, free weights and treadmills upstairs.

I know one of you bumblefucks works out at The Gym in Stockwell because I saw the sip you'd left behind

> Stockwell
> do you train in a bullet proof vest lad?

Joking aside it's pretty grim. Constantly full of niggers, never put their weights away, try to use three machines at once.

The worst is the guy with Tourette's. I cannot describe how hard it is to finish your set whilst in the foreground:

"GOOD LUCK TO HIM! GOOOOOOD LUCK TO HIM! .. GOODLUCKTOHIM."

Tom has autism tho

why are you trying to use him as a selling point?

The puregym in Eldon gardens opposite the Haymarket is areet m8

anyone train at Strength Asylum?

trying to decide f I should go there or just stick to Keele uni gym when I go

Here in Liverpool we have PyarGym which is pretty good

Outside Edinburgh here

Good gym, especially for the price. The classes are bullshit but good for normies and the place is WAY too busy at peak times, but dead at other times.

Equipment range is good too.

Lul, well I'm a skeleton, currently my working sets for squats are just over 2 plates. I think I have pretty solid squat form as I seem to get lot of people way stronger than me complimenting me on it. Sometimes I do cleans. Also I tend to stretch and use bands a lot. So there's a few hints to keep an eye out for if you want to try and catch me. ;)

who /leicester/ here?

I go JD but I hear Pure Gym is pretty comfy

I went there once, never again.

Fucking chavs. Chavs everywhere. I fucking hate chavs.

keked at that ngl