/plg/

Powerlifting General Bodorio kissing isabella at euros edition

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BOpaw2eBTr4/
youtube.com/watch?v=IhT2_rZORJs&ab_channel=EuropeanPowerliftingFederation
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

instagram.com/p/BOpaw2eBTr4/

this is isabellas bf tho?

There was that big-ass opening pasta with googledoc links to all sheiko programs, could anyone repost it?

Is insulini lifting now or is he 74kg?

rocco lifted on wednesday

So is anybody plg related lifting in 83kg?

Can someone give me the time on the YT video? I can't seem to find him

Anyone else high bar squat? In flat shoes ?
I never considered using shoes with a slight heel but it might be beneficial. I don't feel like I have limited ankle mobility since I go ATG pretty easily doing it but my back angle suffers a bit due to this.

youtube.com/watch?v=IhT2_rZORJs&ab_channel=EuropeanPowerliftingFederation

his first squat is around 1:17:30

you'll have to find the others yourself

Can somebody pls give a rundown why BP increases when you gain weight (not just muscle, fat also)?

I think we only have Rocco at 94kg and Fil at 105kg

someone aware me if I missed someone

you man-boobs get bigger so you have less rom :^)

kek but no seriously, I couldn't find any research at all I'm just interested why and how that works

Man steelcut oats are so much better than those small shitty ones, those just soak up all the water goddamn it.

Thanks,I hope I can find the rest

I love how slow this place is now.

I check it once per day, maybe.

Thank god for the banishment of the degenerates.

Bench press and bench accessory day. Might even slingshot.

>cooking your oats in water
My god what is wrong with you

Wew, Rocco's squats were amazing, he even got a lot of praise from the commentators

What do for deadlift if I have long legs, short torso but also short arms?

Sumo goes way better than conventional, still I keep switching between wide stance sumo and the supposed "semi-sumo". I feel like wide stance nullifies the advantage I get from having short torso/long femurs, I find it hard to find hamstring tension and the pull turns into a squat. On the other hand, with semi-sumo my pull basically looks from the side like most people's conventional because my torso is quite horizontal still.

Lads I saw this guy doing power snatches and he kept showing the fucking bar forward with his shins on every pull. Is that supposed to be some new technique or is he just retarded?

If you've got baby arms you may have to settle for a form that's a little more horizontal or just get completely insane hip mobility

>Is that supposed to be some new technique or is he just retarded?
It's probably a technique flaw, but who gives a fuck?

>the guy is working
>you're watching
>maybe you're retarded

Is owg dead again?

My hip mobility is actually great. It's enough to emulate that asian dude... Meyanko or sth? There's a webm that got posted a lot like a year ago of him doing en equipped pull, wearing white tshirt and red suit.
The problem is, because my proportions are so absurd, my hips actually start below my knees if I do that kind of vertical torso/wide stance/toes and knees pointed near-90° out (slight exaggeration).

would it be stupid to
>do the entireity of sheiko CMS-MS squatting as written
>substitute the first 2 blocks of sheiko CMS-MS benching with spotoshot and then do the sheiko CMS-MS prep 3 and CMS-MS competition block, but with increased volume
>just fuck around and do whatever for deadlift

>would it be stupid to
It's never stupid to do the training that suits you.

My only concern would be the increased bench volume from Spotoshot (TM), and all the squat volume fucking with your shoulder girdle. Do your prehab.

>squats and bench volume beating up shoulders
You know the answer...
SSB
S
B

Nono i don't cook them, i just pour that water over it and eat them like that.

>Tfw working the jail for Saint Patrick's night
Will my bench save me when big drunk Tyrone wants to fight?

Lol why are they throwing those smoke bombs in there?
And why did that guy randomly fall down?

Does it hurt to stay in the smoke?

>smoke bomb

It's easy to find the limp-wristed non-americans around here.

I've started doing sumo deadlifts after squats to hit those quads a bit more. After a sumo session I get pain in my outside hip. Is this a mobility thing or something related to my stance?

Are there any examples of lifters that started late in life but still found some success?

I'm joining the army, should have done that than the baby police force. Baby.

how late is late?
brian shaw played college basketball and found some success after that. sorry this pic is for ants but it's all I can find.
iirc hafthor also played some twink sport

20+

I've just got into power lifting after going to the gym mainly to lose weight (im a right fat cunt 120kg, need to be about 95 ideally) and discovering I enjoy the weightlifting parts of my gym routine than the rest of it. so basically I'm here:

deadlift 170kg
back squat 100kg
bench press 65kg

bear in mind i know basically fuck all about the sport. do these weights seem like a good starting point? is one noticeably lower than it should be compared to the others? and also do i need a lifting belt?

sorry for all the noob questions. google is not helpful.

pic related.

>Using non-american as an insult
Kek

What are those then?

why are you giving examples of people who didnt start late

forgot pic.

Weaker then fil. Why is she not with fil :(

Because Fil is not as handsome and probably a little shorter too.

sad to say, but that is in fact more important than how much you lift.

>20+
Lol.

I know way more guys over 30 years old pulling 500 lbs than guys under 25 pulling 500 lbs.

The guy ran into a pole.

>What are those then?
Flash bangs or stun grenades.

America is the best country in the world. This is a fact. I get to own a house in the country, hunt, own firearms, and I get to salute Donald Fucking Trump. This shit is good.

Lies. Plg told me getting a gf is based on wilks

Powerlifting will help you gain weight, not lose it.
Focus on squat and bench, deadlift will be easy for your body type.
Lose stomach fat before you buy a belt or its gonna be pricey. You could use a nylon one for now.

>wilks
It's based on double bw bench

Higher the Wilks less chance at gf.

sorry, should have specified, i want to lose fat, weight is incidental really. just put those numbers up as an example. thanks for the info.

>Higher the Wilks less chance at gf.
There is diminishing return.

350 is probably the zenith, then it's all downhill from there.

That STARTED lifting weights in their 20s.

I just got thinking cause there's been roving bands of teenagers in my gym lately, doing meme exercises and not eating and thus never progressing (saw one fail 20kg skullcrushers, lol) and it got me thinking about what I would have done if I was in their position again and knew what I knew now, just maximizing puberty by eating like a horse and training every day.

Yeah pl isn't the best sport to lose fat. If you diet, your lifts go down. Hence the stereotype of fat powerlifters.

is this a combined total of dead, bench, and squat weights? sorry, total beginner here.

Lift full body using heavy compounds 3 times per week. Do a variety of cardio 2 -3 days per week. At least 20min per day.

Do 3-5 x 3-8 between 65-85% of your ORM on your compounds.

When you are not fat, then drop some cardio and lift more.

Quit fantasizing about teenagers and try harder, you gigantic faggot.

really? thats odd. i would have guess that less bodyfat/ more muscle would equal bigger lifts, but ok. ya learn something every day i guess. thanks.

>Quit fantasizing about teenagers and try harder, you gigantic faggot.
tis

That is wilks score.

Wilks is a number used to grade lifters on a scale regardless of weight class, though it has its faults.
Google "wilks calculator".
Select kg or lbs.
Enter body weight and total (squat+bench+deadlift).
Voila, your wilks score.

thanks for the info. duly noted.

I am trying hard Tbh, I'm just having a hard time thinking of successful lifters that started post-puberty, it really seems like you need to maximize that time of development to really succeed in barbell sports.

thankyou.

200.48 btw. good?

>Never compete or never compete in the ipf or its affiliates so you never have a wilks
>??????
>Profit

Fat on top of muscle reduces rom and improves leverage. There are lean guys but we typically don't do well unless we're also midgets.

Define "successful lifter"?

If you're world class at strength sports you'll know it real quick.

You're not going to be world class. Just lift if you enjoy lifting, retard.

Fuck off with that ironic faggot shit.

Disregard my comment, you may proceed. Thought you were shilling.

I'd like to go to European's for example.

No

What does it mean if I sometimes get pain in my hand when holding heavy objects in a certain say

whos ur fav sub-junior qt Veeky Forums? alina broke 2 world records so she gets my vote.

Take your pedo shit elsewhere

Beginner. Highest wilks in /plg/ is 470ish, most strong trips are around 400. 350 is average joe that's been lifting for a good number of years and is pretty strong. Most guys do their first comp around 300 wilks I've noticed - not intentionally, you shouldn't wait until you breach that barrier, I'm just saying most people seem to have a natural tendency to wait until they feel confident enough to compete and that seems to naturally occur around 300 wilks. This is an obvious generalisation, I'm only reporting the trend from my own observations.

pretty true

>40 minute walk in the wind and rain to get to the gym where I'll make very little to no progress because GDE
Haha this is fair

Meanwhile frog goes a few steps to his basement, does a couple of RPE 7-8 triples and has a world record subjunior squat after 2 years training

My doc said that I shouldn't care about my knees aching because it's just retro patellarathrosis and won't hurt them.

Kek what the hell.

Thanks, again, i am a beginner so im ok with that. This is all good info. Thanks everyone.

Fuc ur knee haha I had a car crash and recovered in very nice 1st world country with good doctors and loving family and slowly got back on the road to squatting so I'm chuckling inside when you tell me you can't squat aha xD

Can't stand that cunt

Well, it hurts like shit no matter how much I perfected my form, stretched of how long of a pause I took.
So I eventually just stopped squatting.

And now that extremely ambitious and knowledgeable doc tells me that it's just my retropatellarthrosis and won't cause structural damage to my knee joint.

What is going on

I was taking the piss out of some cunt with that post replying to you btw.
You should get a second opinion

Luck 7s never lie

Well I figured that the post wasn't serious.

Probably should, yeah. Doubt I will act upon it anyways, I don't think I can actually squat with my weird aching knees.

But what about your bench?

You know my story too well lel.

I'm at it right now lad. I mean, I remembered that I am actually supposed to do w4d1 which isn't maxing, today being Friday got me confused.

But I mean, we are supposed to do a lot of things aren't we?

Are RDLs a suitable replacement for GHRS?

tfw there's a SSB in the uni varsity gym but I can't use it because not varsity anymore

Worst thing is that no one even used it last time I checked.

But does wilks really show progress or just strength because i dont see frog as an advanced lifter with his progress and time lifting he seems to be intermediate

Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced are both used to refer to how quickly you can progress and how complex your programming needs to be and how strong you are.

Kek, then I must be an advanced lifer because I am shit at everything with ultra slow progress!

wilks is strictly a competition score

Should I look straight ahead when deadlifting like Isley or look down?

Not "how fast you're progressing", more like "how fast you can theoretically, ideally progress"

Looking ahead is recommended by both Dietmar Wolf and Boris Sheiko, only person I know of who recommends looking down is Mark Rippetoe. Make of that what you will.

I prefer looking down (or rather my neck being packed and neutral spine), but it's personal preference.
Looking up makes me tip forward, looking down doesn't. Easy choice for me

u neba lern meng

Yeah, those two are about the same for talentless lifters my friendo