What was your motivating factor for getting in shape...

What was your motivating factor for getting in shape? Mine was being a stay at home dad for 5 years of a 9 year relationship, weighing 260, then having the whole thing fall apart and going through a massive depression. I decided to make some changes in my.life both personally and physically. Last year at this time I was 260 and as of today I'm at 204

>stay at home dad
cuck detected

>Seeing what I had become kind of destroyed my self image
>Look in the mirror everyday and never really see yourself
>People around me don't really say much, but want to see me get Veeky Forums again
>Two years of depression 2015-2016 kind of killed my gains and I'm now struggling to be who I used to be in my 20s again
>I lost sight of the important things in life and fought on the wrong battelfield at the time

/pol/ plz go

>Pic related

>daughter born
>realize if I don't set an example, she'll become a fatass lime me
>decide to be a proper role model, start lifting.
>it's been 7 months. I've slipped from obese into overweight, kicked soda/fast food, and am slowly making gains
>all so I can teach my baby girl how to be fit and eat healthy

I was always self conscious as a teen, and chubby. I always had a idol worship of Ancient Rome and Greece, and wanted to look like the statues I saw in museums. I also looked at Big Boss or Solid Snake from MGS as a example as well.

Women were part of the reason I lifted, now I that I've had sex with pretty good looking chicks, I lift for myself (and my waifu)

>Stay at home dad

Smugdog.jpg

7th grade i got jumped by a group of niggers on my team at my local baseball park. I said I wasnt going to let that happen again.

Mine was getting dumped by a hot girl and realizing I had invested everything into her and not myself. Also I was really self conscious around her and sperged out when she went to a bar without me. I needed to develope some sense of confidence and security. Lifting helped me do that

I just wanted some firm ass man tittes

Looking in the mirror and hating what i saw. Hate being weak.

Over the last seven years I've slowly become a morbidly obese hermit.
A 28 year old waste of flesh, still living with his parents who only leaves the house to work at our family business.
Over those years I ballooned in weight and it got to a point where I could barely walk 5 minutes without getting out of breath.
I haven't talked to any of my friends in years due to crippling shame and purposely isolating myself. The loneliness is almost soul destroying.
Last year I reached the point where enough was enough, so I've been sorting my diet out (cutting out cola completely etc) and slowly doing enough cardio to regain a modicum of stamina.
Now I'm starting to introduce weights into my routine and maybe by this time next year I'll be able to start reconnecting with the outside world.
I just need to make sure my sanity holds out long enough.

So i can be at peak performance when the Adeptus Astartes program starts in the near future.

shrooms

Because I have body dysmorphia out the ass. Always hated my body and my face, it's gotten better since I've started lifting but it's still a reoccurring issue

Tbh being good looking, for me it's not about getting laid.

Being good looking and aesthetic is the best thing because you get constant validation without even opening your mouth. You enter a room full of people as a 6'3+ 8/10 psl face and those people admire you (male and female) for your looks, even if they are not conscious about it.

Just by EXISTING, and nothing more, you are percived as "superior". Other people would never have what you got; you are displaying great genoma to the world, you are displaying something devine and beautiful: a perfectly formed human being.

This.

I was always physically fit, and played american football in highschool. I was already jacked when I found Veeky Forums but seeing a bunch of losers thinking they could surpass me convinced me to roid. You fags will never catch up.

This guy gets it

After taking LSD. I developed an appreciation for life and wanted to live a healthier life style. What a drug.

Same here but after growing my own mushrooms

Didn't want to buy new clothes

Getting beat up and stabbed.