Should you let go if the other person is not tapping out but is in pain?

Pic not related.

I've been going to classes for about 4 months, in the last 15 minutes we usually spar. I was paired with this 11 year old kid, about a foot shorter and weighing 85 pounds. I'm 34 years old, it was the kid's first experience in martial arts and I was going to go easy on him.

However, he managed to get me in a surprise full mount. He's sitting on my shoulders, my arms and hands are trapped and his are free. He starts strangling me and I wish to tap out. I can't verbally say it however and I can't tap with my hands so I try with my feet and he doesn't hear and I pass out.

I believe that the kid should have let go despite not hearing a tap out. This is why I think that:

>He had the hold for about a minute, too long
>I was gagging loudly and continously, it was obvious that I wanted out
>I was drumming my fingers lightly on his leg, he should have realised that I was tapping
>I was tapping with my feet
>When trying to say tap, I made a "peh" sound
>I had urinated myself, my eyes were bloodshot, I was dribbling and had watery eyes (they were man tears). He should have either noticed the smell of urine or saw that I was dribbling and blue in the face and let go but instead he knocked me out.

Do you think he should have let go? To be fair to him, he tells me that he let go fairly quickly after I passed out and was unsure about continuing the choke.

Buuut, this kid was a bit of a dick. When he was strangling me, he legit was smirking at me. Like some arrogant 'I'm better than you' type of smirk. Also, he was mockingly telling me to tap throughout like he was on the verge of laughter.

Was this kid in the wrong here?

Just to add, the pic is not us. We're both white lol. It's of the film Moonlight. Great film, I had no idea what pic to choose so I did that for some reason.

>34 years old
>choked out by an 11 year old

This is either some good bait or you are a fucking Lester the Unlikely tier weakling.

no, it shows your making them stronger//or atleast making them swallow their pride. Nobody cares if you wait until they tap out. Because that is the norm guidlines.

The move took me by surprise. Anything can happen in Jiu Jitsu, regardless of strength or age difference.

first explain how you couldnt buck an 11 year old

nigga, this is just a rendition of the story of the guy who got choked out by his brother in front of his gf.

He had my shoulders pinned, it's easier to buck lower down.

Right, I would agree in most cases. But in this specific case, shouldn't he have let go?

This is creative bait.

It's neglect not knowing when a person can't tap out during training, he should know your limb position exactly or not be performing the move, otherwise it's reckless abandon. Someone should be disciplined for there not being a system of getting a second opinion on chokes asap with either him asking or a ref noticing.

It was his first day, he didn't know that I couldn't tap. And there was no ref, we were just sparring. I agree that the choke should have had a second opinion, they're dangerous especially for amateurs.

if it's a joint lock then sure, you don't want to hurt your mates.

if it's a choke generally they deserve to fall asleep if they don't tap, no biggie.

in this particular case he sounds very douchey though, especially since you were gagging and pissing and your hands trapped. he should probably have realised it was time by then.

chokes aren't dangerous.

Kek i love doing this to old people in judo/bjj desu.

Been training both since i was 7, currently 19. I fucking love it when some late 20s/early 30s office worker/numale/huge gymbro comes in for a class i immediately zero in on them to do some painful leglocks/shoulder locks and hold them.
That fucking pained look pre-middle age dude gave me after i german suplexed them to the ground or a gymbro after i cranked the omoplate xtra hard leaving them unable to work out for the next couple of weeks is basically what i live for t b h

I talk to my other young grappler friends and they admit they have this feelings aswell.

Shoulda stuck with tai chi instead you old cunt.

wow you can hurt beginners

literally kill yourself

34 year old man beaten by 11 year old 85pound child. Fucking pathetic, start the transition to trans now faggot
bhahahha pwnd

i don't care how good the kid is at wrestling. a 34 year old man should be able to overpower an 11 year old kid no matter the skill discrepancy.

but yeah, he was a dick.

Not him but i usually play soft with new guys, whenever someone comes in with some ego and throws their weight/strength around it's fucking great to crush them.

Very douchey. When I pissed myself he had some big smile. I hate children. And those type of chokes are dangerous.

Are you him?

Lol try doing that to me, im serious. i'd rip your balls off and punch you in the throat. then i'd proceed to smash your face with my fist.

I havent trained for years like you kid but i understand how to hurt someone.

pathetic.

aye, i agree. put them in kesa gatame or neon belly until they throw up. there's no need to crank their joints though.

Literally thats my aim.

Bjj/judo is ruined by too many fucking numales and incels signing in so they can look cool and talk about mma and pretend theyre badasses.

Both me and other black belts try to injure as many soft looking white belts as we can. If they came back after getting beat the shit out of them then we give them a break, if not then good riddance.

>Great film
fuck off kike.

>When I pissed myself

quality

>>When trying to say tap, I made a "peh" sound
>>I had urinated myself, my eyes were bloodshot, I was dribbling and had watery eyes (they were man tears). He should have either noticed the smell of urine or saw that I was dribbling and blue in the face and let go but instead he knocked me out.

my fuckin sides

>join bjj gym
> get up in an 11 year old's guard

Wew lads

I think it was mostly blind luck desu and me being surprised.

It WAS a great film.

Seriously.

yeah which also must have been trolling, its weak bait nigga

Ha ha, because pain is hilarious.... sarcasm

Your behaviour is detrimental and damaging to the longevity and health of our sport. Literally kys. If you knowingly and intentionally hurt a person so they cannot do other things they love after, you're a piece of shit. If you wanna crush an ego on some gym bro, get high mount and slowly work your hands in for a simple cross choke. The fact that they can't stop it, even though it's so obviously happening is ego crushing.

>me and other black belts
>currently 19
>19 year old black belt

Pics or it didn't happen

Who makes up these stories? And why? Is it his sick fetish to be strangled by a kid or something? And why am i even replying to his bait?

>mfw

You sound like a psychopath.

It wasn't obviously happening, he took me by surprise.

>Getting off on ego crushing
It might be warranted, i don't know what these are like but you come off like some vindictive woman trapped in a mans body desu

What an elaborate tale to tell for us to just make fun of you for losing to an 11 year old. Kinda curious what makes a person wanna troll about that LOL

Exactly, play the sport man.

If I'm humble will i avoid freaks wrecking my lifts for 2 weeks?

You sound like a fag that probably got bullied in school and thus you joined martial arts, now you take it out on noobs at your gym.

If you aren't you're a shitty bjj/judo teacher so either way you lose dick head.

>"sport"

serious question senpai have you been mounted by an 11 year old or been all up in his guard?

Were u gentle?

>*teleports behind you*
>psh nothing personnel kid

I know, I was agreeing with you. Apologies, my one word response didn't exactly convey that very well. My bad.

This is bait.

OP said it was the kid's first martial arts experience, meaning his technique must have been utter shit. No matter how strong the kid, or how weak the adult, unless he's literally straight out of Auschwitz, any adult male will be able to shake off an 11 year old kid.

Fuck off, faggot.

>getting mounted by an 11 year old

This is a play on the earlier "My little brother cucked me" thread.

Tap louder with your feet

I agree. Just saw Moonlight this week and DAMN that's what a good film is. I'm white, straight, middle class and not especially political so this isn't one of those 'finally a movie that speaks to me' things - it's just a really really good movie.

My girlfriend dragged me to see it, and even though I prefer action and horror this was... damn, very moving, very powerful, but also nuanced and complicated, doesn't force a point of view on it. Actually want to watch it again to catch the subtleties I missed the first time.

Wow martial arts seem to attract the absolutely most autistic and socially incapable men.

>why dont girls like me

lmao what
that kid should get kicked out of the gym

The first sign of " ghrgh " I hear I loose the pressure and ask if theyre ok

thats what my training partners also do. A guy same size of me got a hold of my collar when I was turtling, pulled and I let out this involuntary "rghr" sound and he immediately let go even though i was still fresh (he only had one side locked in)

its about respect and not being a cunt to others, why would you want to hurt your training partners.. or make them pee on the gym floor is beyond me

OP here. It was one of those movies that spoke to me. I'm a lot like Chiron minus the gay and black part. Drive is another film which spoke to me and has a similar character (I'm too socially awkward and not cool enough to be the driver but I can dream)

Agreed, it went way too far. It's not like it was one gagging sound either, it was loud and went on for at least 20 seconds. Also, pretty sure in hindsight he noticed the piss but still didn't let go.

I'm going to use this as an opportunity to flirt with his mother, become his step-father and then kick him out of the house lol.

I'm the newbie crusher at my gym and it's always a good feeling to destroy egos. The best is when D1 wrestlers come in and start wrestlefucking people and then I completely destroy their confidence in 5 minutes by tapping them 10 times.

bullshit.

Next time you spar, break a joint (I suggest knee because that might fuck the little shit up for life).

Accidents like that are tragic but they happen and that's a risk he and his parents were aware off before they signed up for martial arts classes