I have IBS. It fucking sucks. How do I beat this?

I have IBS. It fucking sucks. How do I beat this?

Since I got sick last year I've had a constant fucking stomach ache and bloating and hardly any appetite. I hate this bullshit. I'd do anything to be normal again.

Other urls found in this thread:

gut.bmj.com/content/gutjnl/early/2016/12/14/gutjnl-2016-313346.full.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Going to the gym actually helps.

Also, have a look at FODMAP

I have IBS aswell bro, it's all about your sweet potatoes and probiotics. Eating those helped me with stay in the gym. And working out helps a lot. Just start with cardio and end with the sauna. Caffeine helps me shit when I'm dealing with the constipation , and bananas help when I have el brap poops

>tfw ex gf has IBS
>dumped laxatives into her protein powder because i know she drinks a shake before she goes to the gym

wonder how many gym sessions i've ruined for her by now

I went to the gym today (lifting), as well as a wedding, and I still have zero appetite. I've literally only eaten one meal today and I'm still bloated af. Zero appetite despite a good gym session and a fucking wedding on top of it with lots of dancing.

I might as well be a fucking wounded dog on the side of the street or a cancer patient - except I don't die. Fuck this life.

I don't have the diarrhea... more on the constipation side, although the C isn't absolutely awful, but my stools are definitely different now.

Man... is your IBS fucking going away? How long have you had it? I want this horse shit to go away already.

I cured my IBS with VSL3, eating probiotics and eating ~no sugar. I know function with zero one symptoms, and can even have ice cream without butt blasting my toilet bowl

nice... how long did it take for the probiotics to work? did u immediately feel a difference?

if you stop the probiotics does the IBS come back?

Peppermint oil pills are an absolute life saver for me when IBS bloats me.

This.
TRPM8 activating compounds is your best OTC remedy, by far.

If I eat sugar regularly, other then fruit, it comes back and i have to buy expensive VSL3 again to get rid of it. I can stop using probiotics foods for a few days without it coming back, but i haven't gone longer than that, after not eating probiotics foods or taking probiotics for several days i notice differences in my mood and mental function. I eat a lot of fermented foods, and i avoid dairy, potatoes, grains, bread etc etc, i avoid anything low GI, i avoid all fastfood, i avoid alcohol. I've have to make a lot of changes, but it's so worth it. I still indulgent now and then, but it's not really worth it, my life has improved in so many way since becoming healthy like this, it's like I'm a different person. I really like salads and meat and veg now, i used to live on sandwiches and twinkies and i was depressed. Onnit Total Gut Health is great but not worth the cost imo, but VSL3 is worth the high price, it's changed my life

*Avoid anything high GI

what is TRPM8?

I'm glad you've found something that works for you. I understand that IBS is very specific to each guy and that what works for one might not work for another.

I can't make heads or tails of my IBS. I more or less constantly feel shitty. The only thing I know that definitely makes symptoms far worse is lactose and I've cut that out, gluten for the most part, too, but I still feel fucking awful.

Honestly probiotics and fermented foods + no sugar and no dairy have changed my life. I hope you find something that works for you buddy

okay thanks man... I'll definitely try it out.

btw did you have the IBS-C or D? I have C... wonder if that will be different in case you had diarrhea.

also did you get IBS after a stomach infection or did you always have it? I got it after a fucking food infection or some shit last year.

Transient receptor potential cation channel subfamily M member 8...it's one of the primary somatosentation transducer in your GI-tract.

If you've been diagnosed with IBS-C/D I recommend you read this:
gut.bmj.com/content/gutjnl/early/2016/12/14/gutjnl-2016-313346.full.pdf

ty

I had IBS-D, in a way i still have it, but my mind instantly thinks had, because i don't suffer at all anymore, it just helps me stick to my healthy lifestyle. I got it when i was 17, i had antibiotics for a different infection, and when i stopped them (i followed the full course of antibiotics) i had IBS, it took me months and months to figure out how to fix mine, it felt like dozens of years, it was the worst part of my life. Eventually I learnt it was likely caused by antibiotics killing the healthy gut flora, as well as bad germs, but then after I stopped the antibiotic, because of my shitty diet, there was no source of good gut bacteria and bad bacteria good wreck havoc
I always had a sensitive gut as a child, but never anything as bad as IBS until i got IBS

ok... congrats man. I really hope I find something that works for me too :(

Like you I also had a sensitive stomach, but never anything like fucking IBS before.

that's not cool, my dude

Any other tips than probiotics? How do you know its your gut flora, some people on plebbit said the whole gut flora thing is not prooven and pushed a lot by pharma....Is there a test you can order to test that shit?

Hey. I have crohns, and i feel you bro.
I lost 6 years of my live to this shit. I only got my life back 1,5 year ago when I decided to say fuck you to the doctors and learn how to heal myself. I will share what I've learned.
First of all, medications will make it worse long term. For diet, go low fodmap or keto. Keto works great with IBS. Eat clean. As other have said, take probiotics. And my best advice is drinking organic Apple Cider Vinegar before every meal. 2 table spoons in a glass of water. Start with one until you get use to it. The reason for this is that you need more stomach acid do digest food correctly, and it kills of bad bacteria and support the good ones.
And for the love of god, stay away from sugar.
And remember that it will take more than a day to fix years of damage from inflammation.
Remove stress the best you can.

There are alot of good info on healing IBS to be found. You should check out John Bergman on youtube. He have alot of important things to say about what causes it, and how to make it better.
Also watch Erics Bergs videos on inflammation, stress and so on.'
Take also 10 000 IU or 250 micrograms of vitamin D3 everyday for 2 months, and after that take half of it. And take K2 mk7. Find a good organic multivitamin aswell, I use one from Solaray. Take it slow, and you wil heal, day by day! I'll hang around if you have any questions.

hi, sorry you have crohn's man. do you feel completely normal now? isn't crohn's very different from IBS though? like in IBS apparently there isn't any inflammation while there is in Crohn's (IBD)

IBS is how IBD start, IBS have inflammation, but not as deep and autoimmune as IBD. You should do something about it before you end up like me. I dont feel completely normal, 6 years of inflammation scars have left it marks in my intestinal tract. But after leaving the healthcare system, I have gone from being confined to the toilet (and bed), being completely fatigued and having 24 hours every day with extreme acid reflux to living a pretty normal life with a full time job, school on the side and enough energy to go to the gym and hang out with friends.

If nothing else, at least get vitamin D3 and organic Apple Cider Vinegar. It will help you alot, I can promise you that.

thanks man I'll try it out

Just to add. It took 5 years before the doctors diagnosed me with crohns. In those 5 years, they assumed I had IBS. Everyone with IBS should do something about it before it's to late.

i've actually been checked for crohn's, had endoscopy, colonoscopy, mri. they all came out clean. cant get any diagnosis for whats wrong with me so they call it ibs