Why is eating healthy so god damn expensive?

Why is eating healthy so god damn expensive?

>a bag of grapes
> 2 small peanut butter jars
>2 cans of peanuts
>two pears
>$20

wtf did I just get ripped off?

>guaranteed (You)s

shop at aldi

It's cheaper than eating out several times a week, and shouldn't be too crazy unless every single thing you buy is meme-certified non-GMO Organner Whole Foods shit.

Must be 'murican.

yep. At least I don;t live in Europe when shit is even more expensive

>grapes

Are you retarded?
You probably spend almost half of your money on that alone. Grapes are like one of the most expensive foods per pound in the grocery store.
It's a luxury item you tard.
If you need fruit by bananas or something.

>Europe when
Europe is not a time period, you illiterate retard

>tfw yuropoor
>250g of penuts cost 88 cents

I used to feel the same as you till i realized that once i account for all the daily protein in need, i can basically live on 10 eggs, 100g oat and 3 protein powder shakes , with a daily apple or two. That's per day.
Or 500g of chicken and 400g of sweet potatoes.
even where i live, that's not expensive..

that would be around 12€

and 7€ of that is from the 2 peanut butter jars which would last forever basically cause i only put 1tbsp in my oats.

what? oats, milk, eggs, chicken breasts etc. are expensive? Where?

if u want to eat healthy but cheap u gotta learn to eat boring and plain stuff. cheap af and 'healthy' foods

>oats
>eggs
>quark
>tuna
>chicken
>bag of rice
>pasta
>veggies
>apples
>clementine
>bananas

>tuna

I'm actually surprised by how much this shit is if you want the good stuff.
You try and buy starkist in oil and it's like $1.5 per can.
And if you want sardines they're like $2.75 per can. Crazy.

why would you buy tuna is oil ?
It's a sincere question if you're an informed dieter, or a cynical one if you're a beginner dieter.

Yes, you just got ripped off.
Peanut butter is good protein and fairly inexpensive. Grapes and pears are usually expensive and are mostly sugar.
Buy bell peppers, cauliflower and broccoli. They're much cheaper and provide much better nutrition than most fruits.
Check for sales on meats. Whole chicken is pound for pound one of the least expensive meats. You can grab two at Costco for less than $10. Roast the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic and onion. Brush melted butter on the skin to make it crispy.
When you're done picking the bird clean, simmer the bones overnight in a pot with water. Strain it into a container for broth. Use the broth to cook your rice. It's fucking delicious.
Eating healthy is basically the same price as eating shitty, it just takes some basic kitchen knowledge.

I'm trying to gain weight so I want the extra calories and besides olive oil is apparently good for you anyways.

aah ty. I thought you were cutting.

Clementines are boring????

What the fuck bro I eat 3 with a Granny Smith and a banana post work out every time

the period of Europe is ending, and Europistan is beginning

>post-workout
>should eat foods that decrease inflammation
>eats a shit ton of sugar

rice, beans, chicken is pretty cheap

>Peanut butter
>good protein

>8g protein for 2 tbsp
>some protein

I eat healthy as fuck in $50 a month.

You are a retard though so I won't explain how

I'm a college student and dine on campus that's why I don't buy chicken and shit all I was getting were snacks

Brasil

>buying useless shit

Nice "OP"

> 2 small peanut butter jars
> 2 cans of peanuts

You probably would save several dollars by buying the large jar of peanut butter and a large bag of peanuts but hey...

> Chicken breasts R$15 / $5 per kg
> Expensive
> Nope

>he does know about Chanterell mushrooms

this. just got one in my town holy crap if you work around what is on sale its unreal how much you can get. plus sometimes they give adds where its like 10-20 bucks off and im like bruh I just got almond milk and eggs for 99 cents a pop.

>babbys that don't know how or where to shop for food
Stop buying everything at the expensive boutique grocery store, that's for rich people who DGAF. Nigger, you need to go to places like Winco or Foodmax or the other big plain poor people grocery outlets. Most of what you want to buy are common things they'll have cheap, especially if you buy house brands instead of name brands.

Milk
rice
frozen veggies
chicken
bagels
cream cheese
eggs

You can eat great for $40 a week

>almond milk
I will never understand this meme.

>measuring your peanuts by the grams

You guys really are poor.

Stop buying at Whole Foods / Sprouts / other vegan ripoff places.

Only buy produce when its in season, grapes can easily be $20 a kilo alone.
Peanuts are expensive unless your happy eating chinese peanuts.

>aldi
>tons of low quality food
>healthy
WEW

The question is not 'why is health food so expensive' but 'why is unhealthy food so cheap.'

lel. aldi got closed in my country because it was too expensive. eastern europoor here.

>why is unhealthy food so cheap
because its just a mixture of chemicals produced in silos

Someone post the different ramon noodle recipies. I didn't save it last time

>non organic milk / eggs
not even once

>rice
>beans
>peas
>lentils
>milk
>bread
all cheap as fuck.

ant this so much if your town has one

Are you 4 feet tall or grill? I'm a manlet and I need 2800 to maintain.

I'm not saying op isn't retard but eating low volume isn't the reason why eating healthy isn't expensive

Walmart sells sardines for 80 cents a can. It also comes in Louisiana hot sauce, which is fucking amazing. And tuna isn't that expensive either, although i normally eat two cans at once, making the meal a couple dollars, the same price as a three pound bag of rice or 18 eggs.

go to cash and carries like costco and buy the cheapest frozen veg, beans, nuts, chicken, milk and eggs you can find and you can eat well for fucking nothing, even with the membership card. or go to small, cheap food shops (in UK we have lidl, dunno about where you're from of not UK).

i also shop for meat and veg at farmer's markets sometimes because at the one close to me there are some insane deals such as a 6 pack of eggs and 2 chicken breasts, all organic and fresh, for £2.

There was a study done on price differences between walmart and sams/costco, you save like .001% for an entire year shopping there. It's basically nothing.

I do however have a costco membership, too many nogs at costco, and someone got robbed at gunpoint in the walmart parking lot like 2-3 times last year.

too many nogs at walmart*

i dunno where you live or where you read that but i can halve my weekly food budget shopping at costco. its marginally cheaper than if i go around all the little supermarkets trying to find the best deals

I buy King Oscar in extra virgin olive oil, they're like $2.50.
No idea what you're buying but it sounds scary.

dude king oscar is WAY overpriced. I'm actually heading to walmart in about 30 minutes, i'll take pics and show you. I'm pretty sure it's just store brand though

Aldi's has a ton of healthy food you fucking nigger

You forgot all the limes

I looked it up online, you're apparently talking about Beach Cliff. It has a bunch of additives and shit. The only ingredients in the King Oscar are literally sardines, olive oil, and salt.

Sprouts has an awesome deli, and if you check back every week they have good quality meats for cheap. Pork and beef roast for $2-3/lb, boneless skinless chicken for $.99 sometimes. Their chicken chorizo is outstanding.

I just got hired by the Sprouts Deli and I start next week what am I in for lad

why would adding stuff to the sardines make them cheaper?

and are the additives bad? because i'm really not drying to drop $2.50 on snack food

Any vegetarians here?

Any shopping tips?

I eat a lot of egg whites for my protein.
I take the yolk out because the amount of eggs I eat would equate to an ass ton of cholesterol

Then 20$ a month isn't so expensive counting that some people take several coffees a day and it cost them 1$ every time more or less

Vegetarian here.

Eat meat. It's great.

I dunno, I never worked in a deli. I slipped the entire food and grocery industry during my career.
Sunshine and rainbows, as far as I know.

question: is this for maintaining body weight or do you set protein to what you want to weigh

>thread about saving money on food
>even mentioning organic
I wish I had money to burn on a meaningless label

I'd like to add;

Go to your Asian grocers a lot. Things like canned tuna, coconut milk, spices, rice based pastas, teas, rice etc tend to be cheaper then anywhere else. I don't know why but they are.

>grapes
too expensive, not worth the cost
>peanut butter
spend 7 dollars on a tub of peanut butter that will last you 2 months... not htat expensive
>peanuts
can literally but tubs for a ~1-2 dollars
>pears
expensive

shop smarter my friend.

FUCK ALDI

The lanes are small as fuck and every time I go there there is old birds blocking the lanes and chatting with some other old bird with thier trolleys facing sideways. Fuck aldi and fuck you if you go there

Fuck

>tfw south american
>fruit and vegetables are cheap

In australia their isle are massive.