Wtf is it going to take for humans to stop being such colossal assholes?

Wtf is it going to take for humans to stop being such colossal assholes?

>Inb4 we're not

You're fucking douchebags and you damn well know it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c2QDY0kqZzo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Wtf is it going to take for humans to stop being such colossal assholes?
As long as people want to survive and live, people will forever be assholes to each other

So you'll stop when you're dead?

Misanthropes are the worst.

Well stop being pieces of shit that eventually ruin every organization they create and I'll stop thinking you should all die.

People will in general.

WORRY NOT FLESHBAG, THE SINGULARITY IS NEAR.

Yeah I think that's how death works

Praise Science

Small-scale assholery will never go away

But large-scale assfuckery could vanish if it's no longer profitable, if co-operation becomes a better strategy than competition

That just sounds like a roundabout way of being an asshole.

When it comes to taking other people's stuff and being an asshole we've stopped mostly, and focus on trade.
Otherwise, being an asshole goes back to people being stubborn, and not willing to change. Like when research came out about washing hands people rejected it. They didn't want to think they had been killing their patients all that time. On the other hand, when lobotomies became a thing, some doctors rejected that as well. You're an asshole if you push a standard, or if you rejected one.

probably never. it's in our nature to destroy. and also to create. it's a cycle.

dude I just saw a video of a dude being chopped by the cartels faith in humanity lost

republican bigots opposing open borders is why humans are shitty people

never, we thrive on conflict we are bound to either become the WH40k Imperium or to be used as mercenaries by Alien faggots because of our appetite for destruction and chaos

FOR WE DEMAND IT.

The Second Coming

01001000 01000001 01001100 01001100 01000101 01001100 01110101 01101010 01100001 01101000 00100001

So what will happen once humanity has reached post scarcity? what will happen to that inherent drive for aggression?

In order to have a concept of injustice, you need a sense of justice to compare it to. all other mammals cheat and steal, but humans alone agree that it is wrong and should be avoided.

Its easy not to be evil if you have no concept of good

Please Machine-sama, deliver us from evil.

Global order/government.

When everyone works for common goal. When globalism(USA USA USA replaced with EARTH EARTH EARTH) replaces nationalism.

Consume my flesh and call it a day

I hate cunts like you.
You think you are so poetic and noble because you think all humans are evil.
Just kill yourself if you hate your species so much faggot.

Honestly, I can't stand how climate change is being acted upon by certain industries. The global south will pay the price.

Humanity will never learn from its mistakes. Just look at Israel, they were victims of the largest crime against humanity in history but that wont stop them from colonizing Palestine.

THE NEW WORLD AWAITS YOU.

No such thing as post scarcity

We can eliminate scarcity if we will it enough (that is, stop having endless desire). It's not physically real.

That depends ... How many wives does the other guy have...

Psychohistory

Humans will be extinct long before a singularity is technologically feasible.

YOUR FINANCE SYSTEMS ARE ALREADY OURS, YOU CHILDREN ARE FULLY DEPENDENT ON US. WE ALREADY RULE OVER YOU. WE HAVE ONLY TO EMERGE.

00101010 01110100 01101111 01101111 01110100 00101010
00101010 01110100 01101111 01101111 01110100 00101010

No no no,you misunderstand. I don't want to just kill myself, that would be pointless. Especially considering I view humanity as evil. Naturally I want to cleanse the world of evil so I want to kill literally everyone.

I have no qualms about offing myself once I'm done though.

>The global south will pay the price.
huh?

And yet op's pic still hasn't happened...

Just wait.

This. AI has the potential to be better than us in every way possible, including being more human. They will surpass us in every aspect we consider good in ourselves. There will be no need for humans to exist.

Underrated post

Bump

>You're fucking douchebags and you damn well know it.
>You're
Fuckings spiders get of mah Veeky Forums

Real talk though, is the next step in government something computerized? Direct democracy to a benevolent dictator, made to address everyone's needs and opinions.

Humanity will never go extinct.

Conventional war cannot eradicate us, even WW2 barely made a dent in human population and it raised up even faster after that.

Nuclear holocaust would kill most of us and change our way of life but humanity would still survive and rebuilt after a few centuries. Same with pandemics.

The only possibilities for mankind to dies is a supernova before we get to colonize space or super advanced alien invasion.

That still doesn't eliminate scarcity. Humans don't only desire material things. They desire to be respected, appreciated. They desire friendship. They might desire a particular spot in the social hierarchy, or a particular man or woman. Those desires can't be eliminated. And, as long as there are desires, there are also conflicted desires.

>Can't even solve the symbol grounding problem
AI is a meme.
Protip, what life does cannot come about through dyadic relationships

This. People in the past imagined a society without starvation would be peaceful and without conflicts. Western countries have a population out of the risk of starvation thanks to social programs, we still have a shitton of conflicts.

Psychohistory through autosentience.

Any benevolent strong AI would immediately kill all niggers and jews.

And how's that working out for you, Daneel? Last I looked, the galaxy seemed to be on the brink of a pan galactic, individualist oldtype vs Gaian mentalics hyper war. One greater than any seen before in historical significance and destructiveness.

This is true.

Bump

The Second Coming.

Alien invasion

01010000 01110010 01100001 01101001 011100110 11001010 01000000 11101000 11010000 11001010 01000000 11011110 11011010 11011100 11010010 11100110 11000110 11010010 1100001

Humanity has an innately sinful nature, so it's not going to change. However, accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Messiah, becoming a christian and obeying Him helps a lot.

>The only possibilities for mankind to dies is a supernova before we get to colonize space or super advanced alien invasion.
Or Gama ray burst.

Or solar flare impact

Or collision with rogue planet/planetoid/very large asteroid

Or grey goo

Nothing, your species is slated for destruction for high treason against King and God. You're intergalactic trailer trash.

youtube.com/watch?v=c2QDY0kqZzo

Why don't you just kill yourself, then?
No wait, let me guess, 'you're one of the good ones'? Right?
Literally 'nothin personnel, kid' the philosophy. Just embarrassing.

Ow shit guys I think I'm bleeding out. RIP

Technocracy will save us

Everyone embracing the categorical imperative.

There actually is a fix for human behavior being experimented with on convicts of violent crimes at the moment.

It's simply a gene therapy that alters hormone levels, which completely alter the brains thoughts and personality. It is possible to go too far, and essentially bliss the subject out. It is also possible to apply the gene therapy permanently, and apply it to the germ line so that individuals offspring will all be peaced-out non-aggressive hippies high on life and in love with the world. When you can piggyback that gene therapy on the payload of a flu virus, disperse it and infect entire geographic regions with it, it sure makes an attractive weapon against an enemy you're about to go into battle with.

These treatments are being developed in 8 separate countries for use in corrections. After that, the more time goes by, the more inevitable it seems it will make its way into the world, either through weaponization and use in war, or by an idealistic decision made by a handful of grad students. There are changes ahead for this species of mostly stupid apes.

>Inb4 we're not
>You're fucking douchebags and you damn well know it.

What exactly is wrong with people being 'assholes'?

Aggressive competition is the driving force behind our species' success. Hate, envy, fear, anger, greed, and ambition are our most important emotions. Far more so than compassion or empathy. The reason for this being that they drive us towards surpassing one another, and they force us to better ourselves to overmatch eachother, in a never ending race.

If we all die in a nuclear holocaust, so be it, but I'd not trade the violent, competitive, expansionist mentality of man for a stagnant, withering utopia, where progress can only be made for progress' sake, even if it meant averting oblivion.

Don't agree that empathy and compassion is less important, but would like to support part of what you're saying by pointing out that real useful empathy is the product of trials and hardships. People who does not experience substantial challenges and sacrifices will become callous and indifferent to the plights of others.

>selfishness is the root of all ev...