Layne Norton's PHAT

Has anyone run this routine? Looking for opinions.

Link for reference: simplyshredded.com/mega-feature-layne-norton-training-series-full-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html

Layne "I'm all natural!!" Norton

I just rearrange the hypertrophy days and swap the "power" sets for higher rep ones on hypertrophy days

What do you mean by that? More specifically so I can understand it in context of the routine lol

I just do my hypertrophy days, chest/back
Shoulders/arms
Legs

Instead of the way it's laid out in that article

And replace the "7x3" sets with 4x8. Personal preference really

Oh, I get it. That makes sense.

If you've been on it for a while, how have you found it? Making good gains?

Might be more efficient to focus on strength and hypertrophy in set blocks for extended periods of time but it's fun and made some gains so fuck it

Yeah i did it for a while and put on more weight than ive done before. Big time commitment though.

Only do it if you are on steroids. This is a workout that is recommended to steroid users.

That's Dr. Layne Norton for you

Is he natty?

I don't follow anything some autist literally yells out "You gotta sacrifice to win," before his shitty ass squat

No

Nah, did his routine for years and worked phenomenally.

This is the routine I recommend to everyone.

Doing PHAT after SS is what gave me all my strength. I literally went from 1 plate bench to 3 1/2 plate bench, 2 1/2 deadlift to 6 plate deadlift, OHPing less than 1 plate to OHPing 2 n change.

I could not recommend his routine more.

Were you on steroids? Cbt, before/after?

Nope, never done steroids.

I actually don't see the argument that his routine is 'only for steroid users' yet you kids will perpetuate GVT or Sheiko like its gospel.

It's each body part 2x a week with one day of volume & one day of strength/accessories.

That's .. totally normal .. in fact that's what most literature recommends for natural hypertrophy.

I'm not even being ironic, if you want good gains as an intermediate get the fuck on that routine. I haven't tried PHUL, but I've never had any reason to switch off PHAT. Linear gains for years.

Too much volume.

Second time, cbt? Before/after?

2x per body part per week isn't too much volume, again, that's the recommended amount for a natural lifter. Especially when you're training for speed/strength one day & hypertrophy the next.

I don't give a shit, I got my results, you can take it or leave it.

To anybody interested in PHAT I fully recommend it, I genuinely believe it to be one of the best routines available, especially for naturals & people at the intermediate stage of training.

Awesome for steroid users like Layne.

I believe layne is natty for one reason: his legs.

you realise the poster count isn't going up, so it's pretty obvious a lot of these are you?

>roid monkey

2x per body part per week is not too much, but that many sets and reps is. If you were actually a natural weightlifter you would know this by looking at the routine.

The fact that you won't post a cbt or before/after pics(if they exist) leads me to believe that you are just another Asian dyel giving terrible advice(like recommending a steroid workout to a natty) on fit.

The fact you've samefagged the thread 3-4 times in the last 5 minutes means you're some faggot with an agenda.

I ran it but with a PPL scheme, shit works.

Responding to replies isn't samefagging newfag

Ok.

Claiming to OHP over 100kg and not having any proof.

Moron.