Who else here think less of someone if they use mixed grip??

Who else here think less of someone if they use mixed grip??

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vowTsCB3umM
youtu.be/Wjq82nYPUeo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How much do you deadlift?

Literally only you

Mixed grip is really the only option if you go heavy enough and dont want to use straps

4pl8

I do as well

Deadlift is primarly a grip exercise IMO

less than I did at 16 lol

you are weak, your genetics are weak, your parents are weak, and your children will be weak

mixed grip isn't necessary if you use a spotter. ofc, ego lifting retards wouldn't know anything about that.

Beyond 4, grip starts to be a limiting factor. So it's either mixed or straps.

t. 515

why are griplets so easily triggered?

I do. Literally the absolute worst pleb option for deadlifts. Pick fucking anything else

>primarly a grip exercise IMO
so it's not primarily a lowerback or posterior chain exercise? there should be some bottles underneath your sink. Drink what's in them sometime.

>triggered griplet

i DOH more than you will ever get off the floor, even with straps

i also fuck your oneitis daily

how do we deal with the angry manlet problem?

>mfw I was stuck at 3pl8 deadlift for the longest time
>thought it was my form or my height
>switched to mixed grip
>pull 3pl8 like butter

335lbs and counting boys

recovering skinnyfat here

deadlifted 5 reps of 225 today and felt great. would it be a pussy move to start using the belt thing to stabilize the lower back?

I have to use mixed grip by my 3rd set cause my hands get too sweaty and im too retarded to buy chalk

I could never understand people that are against mixed grip. Do you really stop adding weight to your DL so that your grip can catch up, to the detriment of your much larger back and leg muscles? I just use double overhand until my grip fails, then switch to mixed grip, so my grip gets all the training it can handle and my DL still progresses at a normal rate

Get straps or chalk instead.

Double overhand/hook grip or it doesn't count.

My training philosophy is that the limiting muscle is the primary one. Posterior chain is usually stronger than grip/forearms, but if that's not the case then of course one of the posterior chain muscles would be the primary muscle.

I guess ego>gains for a lot of people though, I understand. btw your insults suck

I hope you tear your bicep desu mixed grip shill.

literally cheating kek

Not him, but the smaller muscles groups will always be behind the larger muscle groups. Why would you neglect your back and hamstrings just to get stronger forearms, when you could just do farmer walks for forearms and allow deadlifts to work what they're supposed to work.

And probably less than you weighed at 16

>angry griplet 16 year old diddles 425

This.

Why tf does hook count? After switching to hook I went from 3pl8 to 4pl8 in a month. Shit is way easier

>the smaller muscles groups will always be behind the larger muscle groups
And what are the limiting muscles on DLs? Forearms or lower back, or in the case of mixed grip, one bicep. Thanks, I'll stick to keeping grip the limiting aspect, not trynna visit snap city.

*smaller muscles on DLs

Feel free. Enjoy never growing your back.

Good call, instead of learning proper form to avoid injury, just limit your weight on all your lifts!

Yeah bro how will I live myself with my weak lower back. Not like I do pull ups or anything

Enjoy never walking again.

>instead of gaining proper strength to avoid injury, just cheat and egolift!

OP you should really call up all the world-class deadlifters in the world: they're doing it wrong! They keep doing mixed grip! You should totally give them lessons.

Straps
Chalk
Hook grip
Those are all superior options. Show me a world class deadlifter using mixed grip and I'll tell you he's a faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=vowTsCB3umM
Lets ask Eddie with his world record how to grip it

Powerlifting is a fucking joke, literally competitive egolifting.

t. Crossfaggot

try rugby player

Powerfatties are pathetic
How to succeed in powerlifting
1. be fat
2. be manlet
3. cheat rep

*arches back in a 90 degree ankle*
*teleports behind you with shitty ROM*
The fuck did you say about powerlifting?
*tips fedora with the assistance of special shirt, straps and belt*

hope u mixed gripped fags enjoy a twisted core and back

Are you insulting the Toe?

>not doing hook grip

Rip a toe is a meme, just like SS and mixed grip. You're living the life of memes user.

>the amount of salt over people who care if someone holds one hand over the bar

its not salt, its the same feeling i get when i see an adult using training wheels on a bike

>Implying I'm angry
>Implying I'm not trying to save you
I bet you bench with suicide grip too, faggot.
youtu.be/Wjq82nYPUeo

>Beyond 4, grip starts to be a limiting factor.

stop saying this. YOU had grip problems past 4 plates. YOU chose not to work on your grip strength and opted for mixed or straps instead. there are plenty of amateurs who can pull 5 or 6 plates double overhand so stop making excuses

Only retards with bad form hurt their biceps during a diddly
The arms do nothing aside from grip the bar. Straight up and down

Plenty of people would disagree with me, but... yeah.

I can only go up to 160kg double over hand, and 260kg mixed with chalk.

Why would anyone not do mixed, straps or hook grip when grip is the only limiting factor.

the belt does not stabilise you lower back, it increases the involvement of your abs

wouldnt that in turn, stabilize your lower back?

How do you feel about straps? belts? wrist wraps? knee wraps? slingshots? bench/squat/deadlift suits? At some point you probably draw the line and say "well those other things are okay but this is cheating." Except the point at which you draw the line is completely arbitrary unless you allow nothing at all.

Also requiring a double overhand grip isn't as restrictive as nearly everybody thinks. Forearms have IMMENSE strength potential, but you have to actually train it. I used to climb and didn't have any grip issues until 550lbs.

I'm also trying to understand this. My max is 525 and I've always done mixed grip. Most I can pull with double over hand is 4pl8. Why the disdain for mixed grip if the form otherwise is fine? I've never impulsively used my bicep to ego lift before, and it never feels strained after my deadlifts because, like I said, my form comes first above all else. Is this an elaborate meme I'm missing? I'm really confused guys

I'm trying to understand why people don't want big forearms. Transitioning?

There will always be those who say the harder way is the best way and that all other ways are "bullshit cheats"

Like how people who do traditional DLs often hate those who do sumos because you can generally lift more in a sumo stance

And those people would be right.

Stop, this bait is rustling me! Your forearms won't grow faster if you deadlift heavier than your grip allows, your back and hammies would just grow much slower the other way

Better start grinding off those grip assist ridges on your bars, bro

I'm 230 lb, and I use double overhand until 463 lb (about 2x bw). I have a pretty strong grip, but I don't see the point not using mixed with heavy weights.

>most of Veeky Forums can't deadlift 415lb
Most of you in this thread should be purged. You're all weak and should kys.

>pull ups
>lower back

>triggered fatlifter

>actually pulling with your bicep
literally why

I flex my arms but I most of the weight is held by my shoulders and wrists

Hook grip is the only way, regular grip is retarded as it limits how much you can pull and mixed causes an imbalance over time. I started developing back problems because of mixed grip I switched to hook and its all fine. I pull 4pl8 for reps

I would keep working on your overhand. Pulling 4 plates consecutively is easy. I believe in you.

same here but i hook gripped it lmao

funny how only weak people say this shit

>2017
>Not polishing the knurling off the bar.
Are there seriously people here who don't polish the grip of their bar smooth for maximum grip work?

>t. does not lift

I deadlifted almost 500 pounds with a mixed grip. Felt completely empty inside knowing that i cheated myself just to pull more weight. Going back to 4 plate with double overhand only and will never look back

>rugby player
>be fat
Other countries don't do everything to make themselfs heaver.
This is why New Zealand is so much better than everyone else

>A competitive powerlifter
>You
Spot the diffrence

Wow dude, eat some shrooms and chill on the ego. You where this matters? You and only you. No one who matters cares.

Use double overhand for warm-up sets, and mixed/hook/whatever for work set.

do grip work as necessary.

dont let your grip hold your back...back.

Let me guess, you pulled 12 plate using nothing but your flaccid cock, while Staci the cheer captain was turning you into her pinky ring with some totes alpha butt play, right?

so ur coming with us right?