So, I have a profoundly noob question - why does form matter if I'm not going for total aesthetics. I'm a cardio bunny...

So, I have a profoundly noob question - why does form matter if I'm not going for total aesthetics. I'm a cardio bunny, and I'm trying to find out why lifting will hurt me. I'm a small Asian girl trying to build a modicum of form - isn't lifting heavy things enough.

Pic not related.

Nice bait

No bait, just asking.

Post pic for reference

Not doing.

It's important for lifting anything, not just weights.
So you don't wrench your back or give yourself a hernia.

If you are lifting it should be with proper form so you develop your muscles properly and without excessive risk.

Poor form means poor function and higher risk of injury. It is totally pointless not to take the time to learn form. It takes like 2-10 minutes to learn how a lift should look when performed well and then you just need to practice the form. When you are comfortable with it add weight and if adding weight causes you to lose form then lower it a bit.

Form is to avoid injury and build your strength and muscles properly.

Then fuck off you cunt

Thanks!

If by form you mean the pattern of movement, range of motion and muscle activation then it is important because it will allow you to perform the exercise safely and to fatigue the muscles you are trying to target by doing whatever exercise.

If by form you mean tempo...tempo is a variable which can be manipulated depending on goals. Higher eccentric/time under tension can increase hypertrophy, faster reps can increase lactate --> body composition/work capacity, explosive eccentrics for power/neural drive.

If by form you mean doing squats/deadlifts instead of machines then it doesn't -really- matter however in my experience people doing 'proper' exercises seem to get better results but that's not necessarily related to the biomechanics but perhaps the mindset.

> why is form important

I can honestly say I have never seen a stupider question asked on Veeky Forums. If you cant see why having a controlled form while putting stress on tendons and joints is important then you shouldn get off forever.

why is your ethnicity and gender relevant?

also, saying that you're a gril seems like an ez way to get responses

fuck I want to download simcity 2k now

I'm happy to reticulate your splines

we already have a small asian grill on here, her name is Cheekie and she could literally pick you off the ground and throw you around like a sack of rice with her qt roided body

gtfo

alpha as fuck

all you need to remember is to lift with your back

I'll tell you what you have to do, you have to post your little ling ling pussy and ass here so you can lift lots of dicks with them.

stupid cunt

ay bby meet me at Woodstock 11 pm for sum fuk

unaesthetic my fren

Well fucktoy, it's to keep you from hurting yourself when you lift and do as much as you can with each movement.

That's all.

I mean, who in their right minds would want to watch or let a tiny cute Asian girl hurt herself with weights? Makes a man go full over protective bear...and rapey monster who only wants to fuck her half to death and lay claim to her.

Alina Li´s career ended far too early.

With good form you'll avoid injuries.
Consider that with a bad enough form, it's snap city, be it from disk slippage, scissoring forces on your knees, or from a bar falling on your chest while benching.
Also consider that form means efficiency, with good form you'll waste less power, and that when you'll REALLY push hard, form will fly out of the window - it's a double whammy that, unless you're focusing on keeping good form, will make you 'weaker' as the bar gets heavier, and also increase the risk of injury.
OTOH, the better your form normally is and the more you've drilled it in, the less it will degrade under strain, the least you'll fuck up when going hard, the less risk you'll run going really hard. And you know that if you want to get strong, you'll have to go hard.

Lisa, I told you the other day you look great. Now stop with this shit and be my girlfriend already.

>pls respond

Fuck, what should I work on? Killing myself?

>looks like shit
>posts again

What are you gonna do about it bigboi?

take satisfaction in knowing you're a mongaloid manlet

Ching Chong ting tong back the fuck out of here u attention whore chink slut

White men only like white women like me, no respectable white male likes chinks

In fact, /fit is a white only board and all the guys here hate asian women

Leave or get banned

>No form: you might break something, develop inbalances, or tear muscles
Form: Less likely to do any of the above.
If Asians are so smart, then how come you can't figure out something so incredibly simple?

try growing

Lose weight, train chest and lats more

Chest, diet and lift moar.

Rule 1 of the internet: dont mention you are a girl if you don't have pictures to back it up

Im going to assume you are a fat race hating asian male