I'm going to start Muay Thai next monday, can any user tell me his experience?

I'm going to start Muay Thai next monday, can any user tell me his experience?

You won't make it. Quit now. Bitch.

Awesome OP, I tried mma a couple times which was Muay Thai and jiu jitsu but I sucked at it, my advice would be do get yourself as rubbery as possible now

rude :(
Most of the idea is to toughen the body, my body looks good, but it's just that, i want actual strengh, toughness, not meme muscles.
with rubbery do you mean to start strenching? I can barely reach my toes, do you have any tips on how to strech?

You are going to get punched in the face until you build a decent defence.

It will hurt but enjoy it.

Embrace the broken nose and being rekt every sparring

t. people who have never done Muay Thai

You don't start sparring until you're like 8 weeks in

I did Muay Thai and MMA for several years. Your cardio will get way better for sure. Make sure your gym does full contact sparring, not some half-assed bullshit. Also, the sloots at fight gyms are especially slooty, so there can be drama I'm some gyms. Otherwise the sloots are recognized as a good pump and dump tho.

That isn't true. Some gyms don't let you spar until you meet a minimum qualification set by them, others have a time limit, and some through you in immediately. It all depends on your gym.

Never go to a gym that won't let you spar immediately. Those gyms are afraid that you'll quickly learn what they're peddling is bullshit so they're trying to get you in too deep with their training to stop once you realize it's shit.

No. No one ever spars on their first class, unless it's an experienced fighter going to a new gym.

It's irresponsible to let a guy who has never thrown a punch in his life into the ring with a trained opponent. Many boxing gyms do this just to "see if you're tough" and that's one of the reasons boxing isn't as popular.

Can you rope jump? If not, start practicing now and save yourself some embarassment.

Yea that right stretching, just the basic stretches you can't go wrong, get your groin stretched as much as you can, I don't know if it will apply as much for Muay Thai as it did for mma but look up neck bridges and start doing those

Oh I forgot aswell really useful to practice suppressing your flinching, if you're sparring your face can literally seize shut from flinching, it's really embarrassing and makes it hard to practice your sparring

As long as you work out and are bigger than your opponent it shouldn't be much trouble to grab them and throw them

>this
Most boxing gyms you'll train the basic punches, stance, and movement against a bag way before sparring. Even when you get to sparring it will be simple punch/block techniques not full on boxing

Former Thai Boxing bro here. Have you practiced any form of martial art before?

Since I didn't get more than one response from the QTDDTOT-thread:

Muay thai or kyokushin karate? Goals are to unlearn fear of pain and get friends, possibly meet a martial arts qt.

This. I went to a gym in a different city while I was there for work and paid a drop in fee for open mat sparring. I had to spar with the head instructor first, just so that they knew I wasn't a try hard scrub.

if you're in the states you won't be able to find good kyokushin so go with muay thai.

it'll be tough, expect to have zero conditioning and feel like a big fat muscular fool while you wheeze halfway through practice.

it took me a couple of months of training before my cardio was good to go. Muay thai definitely makes you appreciate fitness outside of lifting.

Done MT for approx. 4-5 years. It is a great combat system that can brutally mess up an opponent.

For the people saying to spar right away etc - get some classes under your belt before doing anything intense as far as sparring goes. Or you are likely to hurt yourself, get hurt, or hurt your opponent by throwing an improper kick or something stupid.

Expect to have shit fighting cardio as fighting is unlike any other exercise I have ever experienced. It takes a lot out of you especially when you do even 5 min of hard sparring.

Keep dedicated and train harder as your progress & you will enjoy it a lot.