Are there any ab exercises worth your time

Are there any ab exercises worth your time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8jyhJ6TiUPA&
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Deadlifts, Squats

Hanging leg raises, on a captains chair not memeing from a pull up bar.

this guy knows nothing

ab roller, dragon flags, hanging leg raises, planks, and the ab machine

heavy deadlifts, always get soreness in the abs tjhe day after

AB WHEEL
B

W
H
E
E
L

looks gay but is the most effective

>this guy knows nothing
my abs are better than your abs

LMAO
pls dont post again

What the fuck is wrong with your proportions? Are you like 4'9 or something?

well yeah my core is fucking thick from compounds, its just the bf at 13-15% ya cunt
Also
> 6'2 195

Ab rollout with your knees on a bosu ball

Lying on the internet makes you look pathetic

what the fuck are you implying?

Your core is shit and there's no way you're 195

>forearms twice the size of biceps
>definitely under 6'
>balding
K-E-K

Well youre not wrong about balding part desu

>Fix your apt/fhp (Stop your body's tendency to use your back for everything - stability)
>Learn to contract your abs properly, supporting movements, then resting.
>Then compounds will hit abs for you.
>Leg raises, ab rolls and dynamic planks as accessories.

Most people have the same problem with glutes. You wont have an easy time hitting them unless you do activation drills.

Anyone here do stomach vacuums? Im not really 100% sure as to whether they are a meme or not.

Are those supposed to be nice abs? Silly powerlifters with muh squats and deadlifts are enough for ab training.

Controlled pull ups, no circular swinging bullshit. Controlled pull, controlled descent.

Like a good little twink fuck

I've been doing dumbbell side bends for my obliques and it's been working well

This is the gayest thing ive ever seen

R O I D S
O
I
D
S

Are you retarded if I was roiding I would be huge, also youre probably training no more than a year

Endurance type exercises like planks and supermans

FIx your fucked up posture

LMAO dude compound are not enough for abs

do you really only do squats and deads for abs? because i have had the same experience, i only got strong and visibly defined abs once i got heavy on squats and deads with no other ab workouts. mirin too

Thanks atleast someone aint hating.
Also yeah, only isolation I did for my abs when I was doing calistenics which was 3 years ago, so yeah, basically, High rep squats, heavy deads, heavy rows, and heavy rack pulls is all I do which builds abs

honestly planks. you should do them until youre covered in sweat and screaming in pain. Once you can do a plank for 6+ min then do standing ab wheel. Dont do kneeling your just gonna fuck your back

thx breh
i had a friend that hit abs more with crunches and situp type stuff and they never looked as good as mine from heavy lifts
plus it made his posture bad i think from overworking abs vs back

>just do standing

Standing is exponentially harder than kneeling and puts more pressure on the lower back. I do kneeling ab wheels for that reason

If your back is strong enough you should be able to hold your body straight, unless you are a pathetic weakling. Pushups from the knees are called girl pushups for a reason.

Ab wheel, front squats

Im talking about doing standing ab wheels vs kneeling ab wheels. which is what it looks like you're implying.

Abs exercises are important

(t. judoka)

no you do kneeling ab wheels because you aren't strong enough to standing ones

i did kneeling ab wheels for a few weeks and now i've moved on to elevated ab wheels. when i first tried them it destroyed my lower back, now i can do them with ease. i'll be at standing ones in a few months

youtube.com/watch?v=8jyhJ6TiUPA&

>My retard detector is going off the charts

Girl where the hell is your body hair?

Been doing them for a few months now and no where close to standing. Prob cause i have a bad back though

you can't get to standing from just kneeling ones. you need to build up with elevated ones, one legged ones, etc

My abs have the exact same shape

Probably because kneeling doesnt do fuck for your core. Do planks then do standing