Neet looking to get fit

Looking to do a boot camp style course in order to help get into the military, I'm not a retard I haven't signed up for it yet, I understand that I should get my fitness and routine sorted first.

Problem is I've never exercised of my own accord before, don't even know how to do a push up correctly.

So where's a good place to start? Also don't want to give money to a (((gym))).

start doing pushups, do as many as you can, and repeat. try to get it to a point in which you can do 30-50 in a minute. start running every day, little by little. try to get a mile in 7 minutes. start doing pull ups and sit ups. you can google the PT requirements and aim for that. if you mainly want to excel at basic, start getting up at 0430 and get used to that. basic training serves to give you a crash course in chain of command etiquette, basic weapon training, and a shit load of cardio and PT, some field training, etc.

Thanks, any advice on how to do push ups correctly, never seemed to be able to do this.

also good luck user, if you're joining the armed services because you're NEET and have nothing better to do, it'll be hard on you and you might find yourself fantasizing about hailing a taxi and leaving. when i was in basic we had 5 broke dicks in my platoon ask to go to the clinic and they simply hopped in taxi's from there and left. you need to examine why you want to go. if you're not going for some sort of honor, or deep laying desire for betterment and a sense of duty, it'll be hard on you in basic. good luck man.
>hooooah

you want your arms slightly out of shoulder length, and your elbows at a slight angle from them, you don't want your elbows to be perpendicular to your shoulders, but at a slight angle below them. leave one or one and of your foot size between your feet when you do it, and kiss the ground, you don't want to get used to doing incomplete push ups because they won't score those for PT. also, when you go to basic, it's best to get through it unseen. don't volunteer for anything. do your best, don't incite any hot debates, don't stick out, befriend your battle buddy and you'll be fine.

Looking to become an Electronics Technician and to better myself. Never really been all that patriotic, I believe in values over country.

Thanks, can never seem to keep back straight, any advice on this?

What branch

army

either way, make sure your desire to better yourself can be tested with a truckload of stress. it's not like it is on TV, as far as i know basic has only gotten softer over the years, but it can still be really stressful. that aside, it is extremely rewarding and after the first few weeks of your drill sergeants slapping you with their dicks, it's fun as hell. you learn how to care for your weapon, night fire, extremely memey and hilarious bants and cadences, and bonding with bros. basic combatives is cool to learn, and if you haven't traveled a lot, it can be a great experience talking to people from all over the US and traveling yourself.

i'd suggest planking, and doing back extensions for that.

New Zealand Army, thanks and will give it my all.

Thanks will give it a go.

Yea you won't have any trouble in basic as long as you don't go autismo, and listen you'll make it through. You get three stress cards so you can use them anytime . I advise not to use them because in a real situation there won't be a stress card you can use to the enemy so just prepare yourself mentally as that is the most important part.

Nvm I thought it was us army ,still prepare yourself mentally

holy fuck stress cards? i remember my drill sergeant mentioning them being implemented and when someone mentioned them later he made us all front leaning rest for a good gaff.

If it's New Zealand's army I don't think there are any, in the US for every branch besides marines you get 3 stress cards

I think with the New Zealand army they have a counselor you cant talk to outside of training.

Air Force here. Just got out of basic in January. I've never even heard the term stress card before.

The most stressful thing about basic is never having free time in a 16 hour day, or having a bunch of free time that you spend doing jack shit but not being allowed to do jackshit. Tech school is p cool so far.

>he made us all front leaning rest for a good gaff

i've read this ten times and it doesn't make any more sense to me.

That's the CROWS and it's fun. Had my M2 mounted on it and it was like playing a video game shooting around town.

NZ Army has something similar to pic related, nowhere near as elegant, just put together by some random engineers. Still this stuffs gonna be big.

>Stress cards
When will this meme die

it means hold the push up position until your arms turn to jelly

run. push ups and sit ups no big deal. RUN. I'm a tech too, right now a fucking recruiter and hating life. RUN. I can't stress how important this is, RUN. your standard is 2 miles faster than 15 minutes, assuming you're a 21 year old kid. RUN.