Im going to make a half rack, for my home gym, out of wood. What do you think about this design? What should I chang?

Im going to make a half rack, for my home gym, out of wood. What do you think about this design? What should I chang?

Also share your experience with setting up a home gym

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6dy5eyMDt3c
allthingsgym.com/diy-homemade-wooden-squat-rack/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can wood resist the impact if you drop the bar?

Better do something like that. Esear to make and less material needed

>home made guillotine

youtube.com/watch?v=6dy5eyMDt3c

i made this one but shortened it a bit front to back (pic related)

Your design is shit, you can either fix the design now, or wait until you build it to realize it's shit.

You are probably going to need a cross brace of some sort running along the back to avoid lateral movement.
The hooks are also a concern, as they are only fastened with what i assume is wood screws and glue. You need to make them longer so that you have more surface area to distribute the stress from the bar weight.
If you want it to last more than a few hours, i suggest you reinforce all spots where the bar will have contact with either some hard rubber, or steel plating.

Learn how to weld you lazy ass.

>Local man found dead in homemade torture device

I can get these for 50 bucks, what do you think?

Add another brace towards the top.

> blandher
Hope these safety planks crack when you will be benching

>what should I chang

Google "diy squat rack" and you'll find one similar to your design but waaay sturdier

I got a similar pair, they do their job good for the price. Not super stable when fully extended but never had a problem with my weights (100kg max)

i wouldn't trust that design, user
do something like this and make sure to use metal for the safety bars

Just buy one you poor piece of shit. It's called saving your money. Have you heard of it? Go ahead waste 150$ on shotty wood rack and die on it. Or buy a rack on Amazon for 400 with free shipping you twat

This. Wood isn't strong enough IMO.

Apex kek

Post the county you live in after you'll build it. That way we can keep an eye out for news headlines similar to
>MAN CRUSHED TO DEATH IN WOODEN SEX MACHINE ACCIDENT story at 6

I would give you the solid advice to construct this with metal and not wood.
PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED
You might be the next Veeky Forums homegym hero like the guy who smashed his fucking ceiling to put up a squat rack or the guy who was benching water gallons

Get some sawhorses like Then, add some blocks to the ends to keep the bar from rolling away (pic related).

You really don't need more than the sawhorses. Just beggin your squats at the bottom and do a front squat to set up for overhead press. The same level should also be good for bench press if you get a bench.

>wood squat rack

>pic related

You need steel everywhere the bar will touch.

So the two stays on each need to be steel. I'd buy two proper ones and cut holes in the wood to place them

Then the horizontal safety prices should also be reinforced with steel. Get some flat steel about 5mm thick cut and drilled then just attach them to the top.

What if manlet

You an buy saw horse brackets and make them as short as you want for your manlet ass.

pic related

How are these even called?

I don't really get why people don't just buy/build these. Mechanically they're the simplest option and I really don't see any downsides. Oly pros use them all the time for training.

allthingsgym.com/diy-homemade-wooden-squat-rack/

I built this about 3 years ago. Still holds up strong

btw you can use this for bench press too

How

Serious answer is that the model pictured has like three heights for the sawhorses.

Also, you could get patio blocks to raise your height.

the support should be upright. if you make it diagonal like that all you'll be making is a homemade decapitation machine.

H stands. and these are great.

the bar can rest on the leg supports

If you miss your rerack, you might potentially knock the stand over. Also, with nothing but air over the hooks, you could potentially overshoot and find yourself on the backside of the rack. I had squat stands at first and almost went to snap city when I missed the rerack and the jokingly small safety arms.