Weed and testosterone

Is it true that weed lowers your testosterone and harms your gains?

I have long term back pain and I use it for pain relief. Should I stop?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_8ma8adKm4I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

"Weed is bad for gains" is a meme don't fall for it

is it really that difficult to not smoke weed?

It does nothing to benefit you.
Absoloutely nothing

Go to bed Jeff sessions

OK thanks

>I have long term back pain and I use it for pain relief

I can stop, but only if necessary.

It has a very nominal affect on gains. Alcohol is a far more powerful gains goblin.

Thanks pal

if possible, smoke not before you go to bed. Weed fucks with your sleep recovery since it suppresses the REM sleep. Thats why stoners who take a break from daily smoking have very intense dreams after they quit weed.
The body makes up with the lack of sufficient sleep by having more intense REM sleep cycles. Same with alcohol

It stops after you have totally recovered from the lack of sufficient sleep

Thanks for the information.

How bad is smoking, lets say once every 2-3 weeks? I've read it does actually lower the intelligence albeit only by couple points over the course of 20 years. Besides I'm not really sold on everybody claiming a psychoactive drug being all harmless and shit.

>almost burned down the house because I left pizza in the oven

Not bad at all. You can smoke 3-5 times a day and still be an intelligent, fit, and functioning member of society

I think it's completely harmless, at that rate.
You'd have to smoke multiple times a week/day, for a long period of time, to face consequences.

Everyone has different reactions. But studies have shown smoking weed boosts testosterone slightly initially when going from sober to high, but research is showing it messes with other hormones that in turn cause problems.

Again, it's different for everyone. When I smoke consistently, my sex drive goes down, I stop checking out girls and stop wanting to pursue them. But if I poke my dick it turns into a raging hardon.

Used to smoke almost daily for 2 years straight. Was still able to manage school, work, and lifting during this time. One day i decided to take a break from it for monetary reasons and after a few weeks i noticed that I could remember certain things a little quicker then when i was smoking. Also i felt more refreshed after a good nights sleep during the break. For these reasons alone im just going to smoke in moderation (1-2 a month at most) so i dont feel burnt all the time /blog

Yeah weed turned me into a beta half the time i smoked it. Now I've got it under control

>he fell for the weed is bad for gains meme meme

Excellent contribution. I really enjoyed this post.

OP
I use marijuana daily and have for years
I have arthritis in my lower back (I'm 22) and it is all that helps
Weight lifting has all but completely cured my back pain after 9 months of lifting
I would not stop using marijuana, though, if it helps
My 5 rep maxes are (in lbs) 115/180/245/275
I started as a skinny fuck and weed hasn't held me back

Weed is killer for hardgainers. Its impossible to bulk and gain when you have the munchies, you just have to eat the right food

Guys i was wondering if taking psychedelics could lower testosterone? i took lsd and 4-aco-met when i was 15 years old and now that i started lifting
im a little worried it could have affected my testosterone levels what do you think is it possible?

this has to be bait. no way in hell is anyone stupid enough to even wonder about this, right?

not bait just anxiety

would there be anything wrong with eating edibles? My roommate is a vegan hippie and is always making marijuana infused coconut oil or granola type shit.

don't believe this moron op

It can lower test the same way melatonin and ZMA can increase test in that it can reduce quality of sleep.

Issues: It can't be researched so we have no direct proof that it can reduce sleep quality. It could be a certain component meaning some strains wouldn't cause issues

Two weeks clean off of a 3 year smoking spree and my libido is returning with a vengeance.

Don't smoke it. Eat it.

The effect on your test will be minimal. The masking effects of painkillers may lead to further back injury. But if you can prevent injury, you can easily make gains through, over, around, under, and beyond any negative test effects of the dope.

Get some with real butter. And don't have too much.

You're a tard if you're smoking weed for pain, unless it's a high CBD strain you're just getting so high that you don't notice the pain. Go buy CBD oil, mix it 2:1 with THC oil and swish a little bit around in your mouth for a minute til it soaks in, it has hardly any negative side effects and will give you the medicinal properties you're looking for. Faggots who still think THC is the medicinal chemical are either retarded or memes.

wtf what is said is very easily observable to anyone who smokes weed

You're misinformed, coconut oil has a higher fat content and is better at extracting THC than butter.

Same here. I've been high basically every day since summer 2012. I'm on probation because of a fuck up, and now I can feel the vigor.

Blessing in disguise mate. I ain't ever taking again, or chugging mescaline, eating cubes, etc...

Only beer and cigs now!

I don't know where you are getting your opinions. I can imagine you smoking weed and punching yourself in the face. "Definitely not a pain-killer guys, shit still hurts". I've had high-cbd strains and I still prefer thc for relief of chronic pain.

I mean, obviously cbd is a medicinally important compound, but thc is a good pain killer on its own.

""Weed is bad for gains" is a meme" is a meme don't fall for it

Yes and coconut oil is a shit for you nutrient source.

Nutrition should be the last thing on your mind when trying to make a powerful product.

Every time I smoke weed before sleep I have really restful sleep though. Like I wake up refreshed as can be. But I smoke pretty rarely if that is the difference.

Your muscles recover during deep sleep which weed prolongs

This.

And at least second when considering what to put into your body.

Came here to post this.

>is it really that difficult to not smoke weed?
no

but Veeky Forums is totally cool with loading up on horse steroids, mexican weed killer and protein powder
youtube.com/watch?v=_8ma8adKm4I

Not true. People just lack the discipline and end up eating crap

Well protein powder is just a convenient form of a basic nutrient... so yeah, good point on that.

The other things come done to the primary consideration of whether you stick it in you. Do the positives outweigh the negatives.

With drugs, you consider the effects of the active ingredients. Then you select your method of delivery, and pick the best option.

So for edibles you maybe don't go with the high sugar high fat garbage tier if you can get a different source.
>pretty sure edibles can still a beetus, and certainly can make you even fatter than you already are

>Then you select your method of delivery, and pick the best option.
Butter isn't a very good option in terms of potency and absorption, it's very hard to eat edibles without screwing something up in terms of macros, but I'll give you a protip if you really want it.

Buy a number of 0 or 00 empty pill capsules. Grind weed, decarboxylate your green weed in the oven. Once it's dry, toss it in a mortar and pestle and powder that shit. Load up your capsules (anywhere from .2 - .5g per and wa-la you can essentially just eat psychoactive weed without having to munch through plant matter.

Shieet, get ready for depression

He's right though.

It's the opinion of the medical community at large. THC has no direct painkilling attributes

i vape weed every night and have amazing gains

Kek

I used to do the same

I quit about two weeks ago cold turkey because I'm going to be getting a summer job. If I can't get into grad school then I'll need to stop smoking forever. I regret picking a career that's going to be strict on no-drugs even if I'm in a weed legal state.

quit smoking week 2 weeks ago, I can confirm the intense dreams
I was waking up from a nightmare at 3am almost every night last week

You usually fall asleep faster, but your body doesn't recover as well as it normally would.

this guy
and same, I had a dream that I killed a puppy with a piledriver and my grandma was trying to kill me on a dementia fueled rampage

I dont smoke but eat edibles. I assume it does the same?

>worried about eating half a cookie.

pretty much same definitely get more restful sleep and theres nothing better than just ripping from a bong once and flying high for a few hours

Nah, that was my past.

>delusional

lol

Alcohol is top gainz goblin. I autistically screech SHOO SHOO GAINZ GOBLIN every time I see ad for alcohol.

Dude, if you're using it as a pain killer it's fine. There are far worse pain killers that will fuck you up in more ways than slightly lowering your testosterone.

I broke my L5, L4, and miraculously dislocated my L3 and basically my pelvis in a car accident almost 10 years ago. The pain I have every now and then is fucking unbearable. I've used OxyContin and Christ knows how many other pain meds, but 10-20mg of thc infused sour gummy rings from the dispensary stops the spasms better than anything.

And while drugs like oxy or hydrocordone kill the pain so I can be comfortable in a chair or in bed, marijuana stops the pain and spasms and I can be functional. Just don't use it purely for recreation, use it as medicine.