I was deadlifting and I think I put on too much weight. On the 5th rep I felt a severe shooting pain in my upper back...

I was deadlifting and I think I put on too much weight. On the 5th rep I felt a severe shooting pain in my upper back, then a tingling sensation in my arm and a pain in my chest. I thought I was gonna drop dead on the floor right then and there, but I sat down and breathed heavily and was fine.

Am I going to die? My back fucking hurts when I breathe too hard but the tingling and chest pain are gone.

Everybody's going to die, OP. Take a few days off and if it hurts again go see a doctor.

Maybe see a doctor you retard

You've triggered the time bomb pressure point. You've only a few more days before your heart explodes. RIP OP, may you be a faggot in the next life

you are already dead. u accidentally touched one of your bodies hidden pressure points.

Get yourself to a doc, you might have herniated a disc and you could be fucking up your nervous system.

man i'm scared as shit right now there's stuff online saying i could have a heart attack :(

sorry op. you need to see a doctor asap

>deadlifts
sounds like you bought a one-way ticket to snap city

there is no reason to ever do this lift unless you are suicidal

Nah negro you're not gonna have a heart attack. My guess is you're young and you fucked up a muscle in your back. Go to a doctor and tell them what's up, you'll probably get an x-ray and some vicodin or something. That shit should heal within 1-2 weeks.

Totally agree. Just do fucking squats you mongs.

Honestly, deadlift isn't worth it in the long run. Not heavy ones, at least. It will wear and tear on you no matter your form. It really isn't worth the future pain, just to pick a heavy thing up.

Chronic back pain is no laughing matter. A dancing clown, however, now that's funny

congrats, you've discovered the reason that deadlifts are a bad fuckign idea. you'll be lucky if you get out of this without a permanently fucked up vertebrate.

A dancing clown isn't funny.

get your boyfriend to give you a massage

kys dyels

Have you ever seen one?

kys dyel

You snapped your shit up and herniated a disk 90% sure. Sounds like said disk is compressing some nerves if you're bothered by tingling sensations. If pain isn't resolved by acetaminophen and ibuprofen after about five days go see a doctor.

t. Ortho nurse

you are so fucked dude lmao

i had a buddy with a long history of back issues who tried deadlifting and had a slipped disc within a month. and he was working with a personal trainer, had good form and whatnot. it's just not a good exercise for some people.

Thanks orthoanon. I suspected a herniated disc. Imma see a doctor tomorrow to make sure cause this shit hurts like hell.

I find that hard to believe initially. Because good form implies the angle of the lower back does not change which means there's no flex ion or hyperextension that causes the slipped disk.

But he may have terrible leverages and is simply not physically able to get into a good position where aforementioned stability can be achieved.

90% of PTs could not teach somebody to deadlift safely and efficiently. "Working with a personal trainer" says nothing about how good his form was.

The disc was in his upper back, not lower. As i said he's had back problems for years. But they've improved lately iirc, he kept working out despite the injury and is doing better.

What can I tell ya man, it's a really expensive gym and the trainers are supposedly top notch, but maybe they fucked up.

soundslike me too.
actually have put on weight.. but how long you been lifting. You drink alcohol? Work out less?

I've been lifting for about 7 months. This happened after a week off due to midterms and gf. I came back after that hiatus and put on too much weight and yeah. I don't really drink, no.

Slipped a disk blah blah? What. Never pulled a huge lift and been like MUTHAFUCKA
Just gonna be sore. not world class

think you'll be fine man just rest up.
try cables or machine for back next time is what I want to do. then maybe deadlift again

Do you still have Sciatica?
If yes, you slipped a disc, good night sweet prince.

If No, you likely have a muscle strain and you'll be fine in a couple weeks.

o-ok