Any 30+ brahs in here?

What is lifting post 30 like for brahs who have lifted for a while?

I'm starting to get tight elbows and shoulders. Thinking of eliminating heavy benching entirely from my routines.

Whats recovery time like? Notice any changes?

>General lifting over 30 thread

>What is lifting post 30 like for brahs who have lifted for a while?

I'm 31, been lifting since I was 14 or so in High School. Generally, its the same as when I was younger but instead of going to the gym after school, I go after work.

>Whats recovery time like? Notice any changes?

Stretch more often, take days off if you strain yourself. Recovery is usually the same as before except you won't be 100% after a minor sprain in a day; usually takes 1-2 days.

tl;dr - stretch; you're not young anymore so you can't just hit the weights without stretching; I suggests 10-15 mins.

No routine
Heavy lifting is a chore
Lots of mobility and cardio
31, been lifting since 19.

I just workout whatever I'm feeling that day desu.

Warming up and stretching is mandatory.
Recovery goes into the toilet.
Being fat tanks your energy, but being cut to ribbons just kills your manhood.
Takes a long fucking time to unload now

stretching becoming more and more necessary for me at 26.
but also if you don't play sports anymore and only lift weights its alarming how tight and unflexible you can become fast.

post body

34 y-o here
Got a fucked up sboulder from benching 300ish and doing too many weighted dips

Machines are your friends

35 here. Started TRT at age 26 (150mg a week). Recovery feels the same, for obvious reasons. Tendons can't take quite the same beating though. Used to do a few hundred chinups a week. Elbows can't take it. Also need surgery on both shoulders eventually. Lifting for about 12 years

>cruise on test
>free test higher than when I was 18
>recover like a teenager
>no plaguing injuries like my peers

It's fine to stay natty through your 20's, but in your 30's you're just spinning your wheels if you aren't frauding.

Can confirm. The shoulders will get fucked up if you do benching and/or weighted dips for long periods of time. I have two torn labrums and one torn rotator cuff.

33 here, pretty much these.

Adding this too. Best choice I've made since I hit 30. It's not magic, but man it's pretty damn close.

>stretch; you're not young anymore so you can't just hit the weights without stretching; I suggests 10-15 mins.

I'm going to start doing this. Thanks brah. Haven't stretched before lifting ever in my life; I'm starting to feel different now and have been told to start by many people.

post body

>Tendons can't take quite the same beating though.

32 and this is true. Everyone I knew between the ages of 28 and 31 complained about tendinitis for the first time. It hit me at 29 and I have had to consciously aware myself not to over do things

Did yall TRT niggaz get any sides from TRT? Do you take something else as well? (Anti-estrogen or something...)

I've always said I'll start roiding at 35 and well... that's 6 months away.
Did you notice a higher sex drive and energy/confidence ?

Almost 40 here, things get harder. Joints crack and ache. I still get gains somehow. Eat like a motherfucker.

When I squat my hips and knees make huge popping noises that scare people around me. Doctors say it is totally fine as long as there is no pain.

I get a sick satisfaction when doing it and watch people run over or stare in some kind of shock or horror. Usually they think I just hurt myself hardcore.

Lulz, 30 yo

I'm glad I made the /30+/ threads a meme

Keep it up oldfags. Godspeed little doodle

THE OP ALWAYS DELIVERS DUBS

REEEEEEEEEEEE
ROLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Bout to turn 33 here. Diet and sleep is more important now, with occasional stretching/mobility work. Other than that, lifts still going up, and I feel better than I did 10 yrs ago.
I think it also helps that in addition to getting my nutrition in check, I also try to keep up with my cardio, and don't let myself get too fat.

TRT sides seem to depend on bf% mostly. High body fat means more estrogen which means more sides.

A lot of problems are also rooted in injection scheduling. Twice a month isn't enough. Gotta be weekly dosing. The fluctuations from anything other than weekly dosing will wreak havoc on your life.

Benefits? Muscle gains, motivation, sex drive, etc

Pin twice a week to keep blood levels more stable and I take low dose AI. Be lean, don't be a fatass when you start as it increases the risks of shit like gyno.

Energy yes, and you'll pop wood like you're 15 again.

Oh shit

yeah right this thread became about injecting test. Never change Veeky Forums

Nice

Yeah I'm only 26 and I have to stretch in the morning if I want to have a nice walk to work. I miss the days when I could wake up and just start squatting in my home gym, but that probably made this a lot worse. Don't want to think of what will happen when I'm 40

Will agree with this. Joints in general start wearing out after 35. Fucked up my rotator cuff doing parallel dips.

i'm 29 but i'll be 30 this year. i've been lifting for 6 years with one year off due to hernia surgery and having a pussy mental block keeping me from pushing hard. i don't notice much of a difference, to be honest i feel the same drive to work out as i did years ago. i do yoga twice a week and that helps me feel confident in my flexibility and stretching there helps. still have the libido of an 18 year old.

give source senpai
if i had an IN PERSON source and not some random internet site who i had no recourse for
then I'd do it
test is the fountain of youth for men.

Almost 32, still feel like I'm 16. I don't think age actually affects you that much until you're closing in on 50s. Recovery is instant, never stiff or sore. Do lots of snowboarding / sledding / motorcycling and get rag dolled regularly, no injuries or anything.

32 here, been lifting really since about 22.

Shit ain't that bad. Just take good care of yourself.

Diet matters more with age though, and I do get more injuries while running than I did years ago. I do burpees now as a running replacement some days.