There's no way that much sugar is healthy, no matter how much exercise you do, right?

There's no way that much sugar is healthy, no matter how much exercise you do, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

mirror.co.uk/science/proof-modern-life-really-kill-10047382
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It is healthy if you exercise literally all the time.

right, carbs in general are unnecessary in the human diet. The only reason we consume them is because they are very common in the foods that we eat nowadays. However, I highly recommend that anyone reading this start weening off of carbs and moving into a pure diet of fats and proteins. This kind of diet is not only healthier, but it also provides just what the body needs if you work out. What I recommend is eating 1 chicken a day (with it's eggs), quarter cup of olive oil, and some gummy fibers if you are concerned about fiber in your diet. I have been on this diet for about the last 9 months and I have seen incredible results in terms of my muscle mass and energy levels.

> carbs in general are unnecessary in the human diet
> The only reason we consume them is because they are very common in the foods that we eat nowadays.
> I have been on this diet for about the last 9 months and I have seen incredible results in terms of my muscle mass and energy levels.

Keto fags, plz.

Enjoy your acidic blood

Agreed

Redpill me on Keto for a powerlifter

I'm a powerlifter competing in the 66kg weight class at about 15% body fat. I want to maintain weight while decreasing body fat and increasing muscle mass. My gym training consists mostly of heavy lifts for low reps. Do you think keto would fuck with my gym performance?

Yes that much sugar is unhealthy.
Ignore the broscientists claiming that you can eat literally anything as long as you lift. They'll all have major health complications by their late 30s.

I don't think keto is really good for MAX intensity ,

Someone who do the Big three for fun and doesn't want to be the best may be able to keep having fun on keto , but if your goal is competiting I don't think you can do it while on keto .

On keto your tank is way bigger but the outlet to pump from it doesn't let it flow as fast .

Is this fresh pasta?

Keto actually works reasonably well for powerlifting if you're the sort of person who prefers to do most of their training low rep. It's murderous on performance where you need glycogen but if none of your sets are taking more than ten or fifteen seconds the worst that happens is you recover a little slower between sets and your bench goes down because your lack of water weight lengthens the ROM slightly.

I used to believe most celebrities were normal despite the crazy stories I hear on the internet, but now I can believe them after my encounter with Ryan Gosling.

Dude's a weird guy. I work as a waiter at a decent restaurant in LA and he came in this weekend with a bunch of friends.
>go up to their table and try to contain my excitement that I'm waiting on the Goose
>Goose looks at me and says he'll have a steak with ketchup
>All his weird folk/hipster friends order
>As I leave to go back to the kitchen, Goose walks behind me and tries to come in
>I ask him if he's looking for the bathroom
>He says no angrily and tells me he's there to cook his steak so the chef doesn't poison it
>I try to tell him he can't do that and assure him that no one will poison his food
>Goose ain't having it
>Manager comes and assures Goose his steak won't be poisoned
>Goose asks him if he wants his teeth kicked in
>Goose and his friends are kicked out
>When I go to leave that night, I see Goose across the street wearing the jacket from Drive
>He keeps zipping the zipper up and down as he watches me drive away

Nature begs to differ.

source:

mirror.co.uk/science/proof-modern-life-really-kill-10047382

>Their diet is largely carbohydrate-based (72 per cent) and includes non-processed carbs which are high in fibre such as rice, plantain, corn, nuts and fruits.

>Protein constitutes 14 per cent of their diet and comes from animal meat. The diet is very low in fat with fat compromising only 14 per cent of the diet - equivalent to an estimated 38 grams of fat each day, including 11g saturated fat and no trans fats.

>Keto actually works reasonably well for powerlifting

>except when it doesn't

Don't give advice ever again

Low carbs diets are utter shit if you actually do any kind of sport

Except powerlifting training has often a lot of volume
t.powerlifter

Powerlifting really isn't like most sports. The main reason keto sucks for most sports is that it kills your sustained energy output. Powerlifting doesn't require that.

uhh yeah wasnt there a big meta analysis posted here recently that was a kind of follow up to the vegan lifestyle studies?

it showed the closer to 100% carbs you go theres an increase in mortality?

i.e. very high carb diet is objectively worse than a balanced diet?

fasting and keto don't kill your sustained energy output, this is literally bro science because people are just unused to feeling hungry.

Your liver can short-term lend you 10-30,000 kcals of glucose when you are doing something.

You aren't going to run out of energy unless you have been seriously depleting your diet for a long time.

The only reason anything weird happens is because "keto" dieters often just do fucking retarded diets that make no goddamn sense but hey no carbs.

Depends how you're getting that volume. You're boned on keto if the goal is to accumulate it with a bunch of 10s or 12s, not so much if you're running a program that prefers to build it up with a lot of submax triples/fives or such.

Not true at all, do you actually think powerlifters do 3x3 on every lift and go home? My training sessions last three hours and when you're doing volume splits you burn out really fast without carbs. Try doing reverse castles on deadlifts followed by snatch grip dl and tell me how you feel

If you're doing keto for any extended period of time, that liver glycogen is long gone.

>not so much if you're running a program that prefers to build it up with a lot of submax triples/fives or such.
That's precisely what I'm talking about

.. right .. the liver does store glycogen you are correct in that, but it's not replenishing that glycogen if you're eating low carb.

you'll deplete your liver glycogen in 24-48 hours.

your liver holds ~100g of glycogen.

your entire body can hold ~2000 calories worth of glycogen at any one time .. no idea what you're talking about.

Duranduran pls go

no

thai fighters existence makes your post entire post invalid

The amount of confounding variables in that 'study' is astounding.

They don't drink, they don't smoke, they're 90% active in their day-to-day active compared to the study reported "50% of wakeful hours are sedentary for normal people".

But uh we must get CVD n shit more because we eat butter or somethin i dunno i jus wanna publish this because i need the money

>brains runs entirely on glucose
>body needs to phosphorylate lipids into glucose in an slow, energy intensive process
>body isn't "meant" to eat carbs