/Rowing/ General Neverdie Edition

Hey Fit just thought i'd start a general for the god tier sport/workout of /Rowing/. Im an elite level rower for Ireland will answer any questions. If you really are Veeky Forums why dont you /row/?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zQ82RYIFLN8
concept2.com/indoor-rowers/training/muscles-used
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>how do you tell if someone rows
>they'll tell you

Because I dont even have a rower yet.

Do you only row to become a better rower, and if not what other type of exercise do you do?

What are some good long workouts for someone familiar with rowing, but who also has SHIT cardio? Looking to get heart gains desu

Too cheap to buy a good rowing machine, cheap ones are trash.

I dont think so, think you're thinking of crossfit my mang
I've never seen a gym without one my man
Box Squats, Seal Rows, Back Squats, Pull Ups
2x40 min
Man Up and get a model D or E

Whats your 2k my guy? I quit 2 years ago because I wasn't going anywhere and I couldn't be fucked getting up at 4:15am anymore.

>recommending 2x40 min for someone with shit cardio
boi

Rows fixed my posture, if you do stuff with a decent amount of weight it really gets the lats going

I'm leaning towards you being full of shit

Proof or GTFO

Just get it done man, doesn't matter about split, eventually you'll be able to work it down

yeah whats your 2k you fucking irish pussy i bet i could outrow you drunk af 1 month outa surgery rn

6:02
Oh shit my bad didnt read shit at cardio part, try 3x2ks but You can lighten the pace and take you time think of it as walking vs. running
6:02 trying to break 6 by november my guy

Pulled this today...I know it's shit but I've been focusing on other things lately. Trying to walk onto a D1 college team after I get out of the military. What're your favorite erg workouts?

I love the class 3x2k 3x6k and UT40 workouts aswell as occasional interval workouts with box jumps or something

aight 6:02 is impressive AF carry on you irish fuck

Elite NZ rower here. Fuck the irish.

Thanks man being socially retarded when i was younger gave me a lot of ergo time

Is that considered fast? I literally rowed 2k in about 8 mins today on the machine at the gym.

I know obviously real world rowing is much different from the machine, but fuck, I don't take it seriously and I wasn't even going all out and you're only 2 minutes faster than my time.

>only two minutes

Breh high school lightweight girls pull 8 min 2ks. Educate yourself my man

I mean that's my point, it was easy af to get that time (I do it as my warmup before I actually start lifting, I don't really even break a sweat) surely if you're an elite rower you should be blowing that time out the water?

I mean, if you devote a lifetime to a skill and you manage to scrape less than a minute off an average dude doing the same skill isn't that kind've shit?

I'm just telling you your perception of time/energy on the erg is completely out of whack. A 2k is a sprint so 2 minutes is a huge difference. For men, high school rowers usually have between a 6:30 and 7 minute 2k. In college it's between 6:00-6:30 and then olympians are usually always under 6 minutes. I would be shocked if you got on that erg tomorrow and could pull a sub 7 minute time.

Are you genuinely fucking retarded? Do you think there's not a significant fucking difference between an average 6 minute mile runner and fucking Roger Bannister? You're easily the dumbest cunt.

I probably know you. Dunners?

Hey boiiiiiiii, if you're at Dunners, what club are you at?

I quit a year or two ago, a lot of my mates still row though. I rowed for KC before I came down here.

Next time you're at the gym rather than doing 2k in 8:00 try doing 500m in 1:30. If you manage it try keeping the pace up to 1k.

Have fun :)

ROWING IS SHIT after 3 MINUTES at tier 8 you feel like killing yourself

op what does a typical training day look like to you? Do you just row or do you also push weights around too

my gym has one of those rowers and I do them as warm ups prior to lifting

Now that 99% of all boats use engines or sails, what is your end game for all of this rowing nonsense once you graduate college?

yo is this the real sparrow

Rowing requires disciplined form, bikes and running can't compete.

>Concept 2 in attic
>200cm tall
>30 minutes @ 2:00/500m is my best time
>20 spm (sometimes 18, sometimes 22)
>""""resistance"""" setting 4.5
>overweight

what do now

Read up on the """""resistance""""" lever. Its not what you think it is.

Not OP, but this is like saying that sprinting with one leg tied behind your back is exhaustive. Of course it is.

You're not keeping your strokes per minute steady. You're not keeping your speed steady. You're not using the correct technique (legs, then lean back slightly, then arms, return to starting position in reverse order). You don't know what the lever does and have it set way too high. If you work on these things you can go 50% faster for 5 times as long within a month.

tldr rowing not a shit

>hop on rowing machine
>it's set to 10
>ok
>row for 20 min no problem
>ask faggots on Veeky Forums how to row properly
>set it to 6
>correct(i think) form and speed
>ded after 7 minutes

I was aiming for 2 min for 500m. On average I got about 2.10. My lower back and my calves started giving out first.
After pulling motion I feel like I should be sliding back without any effort but seat didn't slide without me bending my knees using my feet to slide med back which made my calves extremely tired. Am I doing something wrong? because I don't think calves is the point of rowing.
Also I just couldn't keep my back straight at the end anymore. Week back?

I've been told that i have a good frame/size for rowing and i think it would be a great sport to do in the offseason over summer.
I'm 197cm and 110kilos at around 25% body fat so overweight but I am reasonably fit in terms of running.
What do you suggest for a beginner rower?
Times, Distances, Reistance?

whats your 2k cunt
8 minutes is easy i hit that on my second day of rowing but its like gains where the noob gains are big but you progress so slowly after you've been doing it for a long time
And you don't realise that by 2
minutes it is blowing it out of the water
Oh shit sparrow waddup. Right now it isnt very serious, but still, 2 sessions a day one at 6/7 A.M. 5k run + Weights then an 18k erg piece then again at 5/6 p.m another 4x5k on the erg or 2 hour water session, but sometimes theres 2k ergs test and stuff
Im gonna continue it to the olympics my dude, try become a medal holder and its still a beautiful sport which keeps you in great shape and teaches you alot about yourself
I can hit you up with a plan if you want, gimme your skype i'll give you a diet too if your serious
youtube.com/watch?v=zQ82RYIFLN8
If you want you can hit me up with your skype we can do some tests and i'll make you a programme and train you up fast because summer is the on season for rowing and cutting down on the bf% would be a good idea anywhere from 12-15%

>tfw the erg in my gym has a moving seat and moving foot rests
if you dont get the timing perfect youre sliding up and down the machine loudly banging into either end

Should I feel it in the glutes when erging?

What part of the stroke do you "feel it in the glutes"?

I dont feel it. Maybe it depends on the intensity.

concept2.com/indoor-rowers/training/muscles-used

i personally feel the top of the stroke, like the hip hinge motion

ok, then it is a sign that my form is not where it needs to be yet. I will give it more attention in the next few days.

Oh shit, the 135 drag factor guy? Hey, I'm starting Pete's plan, but I have my c2 on slides. Any recommendations for tweaking stroke or speed targets to take the slides into account?