I just realised the french press is called the french press because you're putting your arms up in the air

I just realised the french press is called the french press because you're putting your arms up in the air

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gXbSA9EKUtA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Does this have anything to do with coffee?

solid kek

mind = blown XD

upboat+1

Funnier
More likely

I just realized alligators are ornery because they got all them teeth and no toothbrush.

Oh no wait we're just both retarded.

I'm a frenchman and I can confirm

i superset this with ohp

Lol

The ohp is way more similar to the motion of putting your hands up in defeat than the french press.

Was stupid enough to do this during my first time at the gym and popped my shoulder...

Then you did it wrong, it doesn't involve shoulder movement

Don't do these I know some guys that got seriously fucked up doing French presses

>see this thread
>everyone talking shit about one of the most alpha looking exercises you can do
For fuck sakes Veeky Forums you'll never make it with this attitude!

No shit lol

>Alpha

The French have hundreds of years of strong and successful military tradition and Amerifats think they're cowards cause they couldn't stop the blitzkrieg when germany started off literally next door.

If they had time to raise their military to its full strength like the US or if they had geographical barriers like the US, Russia, and GB things would have gone differently.

it's just tricep extensions while upright

I've never met anyone that thinks badly of the french. Only retards on Veeky Forums.

french people are universally considered to be the rudest in the world

Maybe in movies.
I believe in reality it's either Americans, Rural Chinese or Middle Eastern.

I lived in France for a little bit, speak it fluently enough that nobody knew I was foreign until mentioningredients, and they are a fucking shit people. They're 60% pursues, 20% roodypoos, and 20% rapists. Fuck that entire country.

>Americans being rude

youre the one stuck in movies and memes. in real life people actually complain about how nice americans are since sometimes its interpreted as being insincere or mocking

its chinks and slavs who are the worst

>. in real life people actually complain about how nice americans are

Neck urself

It's Veeky Forums mostly

What is the point of doing this? The line of pull of your triceps is parallel to the force of gravity, which is the exact opposite of what you want in an isolation movement. Lying tricep extension and skullcruchers (done the proper way, barbell is held past your head straight armed at the top, then comes down to the back of your head to have tension on both insertion points) are far superior simply because the line of pull is perpendicular to the force, and the movements are largely the same otherwise. Not to mention they would also be more accessible to people with elbow pain.

Actually skull crusher and most triceps movements hurt my elbows whereas this press and close grip bench are okayfor me

how do you perform your skull crushers?

Got my move watched my multiple gym bros, it seems my execution is correct but fuck my joints hate it

i didn't ask if you think your form is correct i asked how you perform the movement. fact is, very few people actually perform the movement correctly, so trusting "gymbros" is probably the most counter productive thing you can do. at the very top of the rep, what angle is your arm at in relation to the ground?

On top I keep it a bit under the vertical (let's say the vertical is 0° - I'd start at 20°). And I end at 90-100° and my elbows don't really enjoy it, even if I deload

ok I'll just make this easier by drawing this. If your skull crusher looks more like the top, it's no wonder your elbow hurts, and you are only hitting part of the tricep. If it looks like the bottom, then you're all good and will get a full contraction and stretch. If it looks like, something in between, then I don't know what the point of that is. Keep in mind the lying tricep extension and skullcrusher end at similar points, but with lying tricep extension, your allowed to start with your arm perpendicular to the ground as it is more of a compound movement.

I should also add that you're going to want to do this with the EZ curl bar do fully pronate your hand whether you do french press, skullcrusher, or lying extension to get a full contraction unless you have a wrist problem in case you aren't already

not the guy you're answering to, but every american I've met was nice af, few of the most kind people I've known for sure (I'm brazilian)

Oh shit I think I understand now I did it wrong
Thanks a ton user

Np yo I made this change and it gave way better results. Just remember that a good isolation will put the line of pull perpendicular to the force of gravity assuming you are using free weights and not machines. I just remembered this video too with a bit more explanation. The title is very clickbaity but I can accept that because the information actually makes sense
youtube.com/watch?v=gXbSA9EKUtA

OK man I'll take a look. thanks again !

I should further add that when you think about it, having the lever arm parralel to gravity makes little sense when you think about this one thing: how easy is it to simply suspend yourself in the top of a dip position, or stay in the unracked position of a bench press without moving the weight? You could likely stay there all day long. Now close grip bench press is a compound exercise that isn't just for your triceps, and it recruits a lot of muscle fibres and has potential to be progressively overloaded, so this concept doesn't determine whether or not it is a good exercise. Anyway, by having your arms extended out past your head, you are now putting constant tension on the triceps throughout the set, rather than having a "break" at the top of each rep

Thanks a lot user, I was already suspicious if I do them right. Will try this tomorrow

Pursues? What is that?