If it's so easy to lose weight how come there's so many fat people?

if it's so easy to lose weight how come there's so many fat people?
because it isn't...

Losing weight is easy, gaining weight is easier.

This.

Actually gaining weight is hard.

Well, i mean gaining "good weight," like muscle.

There are so many fat ppl, especially in the USA, because of capitalism and consumer culture. We are told that we need to consume more, both in food and other aspects of life.

People nowadays are just so weak-minded. It probably has something to do with the majority of the food available today that is changing our chemical setup in our brains.

The last part might be shit coming out of my ass, but i think that could be a likely reason, aswell.

If it's so easy to commit suicide how come there's so many alive people?
because it isn't...

>Reddit
you need to go back, and take your communism with you

>Actually gaining weight is hard.
>Well, i mean gaining "good weight," like muscle.

This thread isn't about gaining muscle. Its about fat people.

Getting fat is easy if you have a big appetite, and most americans and westerners in general nowadays are raised with big appetites.

>implying the jews haven't been using capitalism to undermine the foundations of capitalism and our government

Okay, my mistake then.

Please, is that the only response you can give me?

>Losing weight is compromised of inactivity, not eating food

>Gaining weight is an activity, eating food

>losing is harder than gaining

Maybe if you drink a gallon of soda a day

LOSING WEIGHT ISN'T EASY, IT'S SIMPLE.

S I M P L E

IT'S HARD BUT..... SIMPLE

losing weight is easy

learning how to lose weight is hard

Gaining weight is objectively harder than losing weight, fat or muscle. To lose weight literally all you have to do is put less effort into eating. Doing less is easier than doing more, how is that so difficult for people to understand?

This. Everything is stacked against you figuring this shit out.

losing weight is easy.

keeping it low implies a permanent lifestyle change which most people find it either hard to execute, understand or simply not really appealing.

You don't have to put less effort in to eating. You have to put more effort in to being discriminating about what you eat. Not too hard once you've got your new habits down, but a real bitch the first few months.

losing weight is easy faggot

past two and a half months ive been running for half an hour doing some weights for half as well nearly every day. I went from 240 to 215. id probably be lower if i didnt still eat fat shit recently.

gaining muscle is a bitch tho. only way to do that is to fuck your muscles and make yourself hate life for months

just get off your fat ass

>weight loss = eating less
>weight gain = eating more
>eating less = buying less food
>eating more = buying more food
Its physically easier to not eat than to eat. What meme are you living in

The pattern I've noticed as an American is that fat men just don't give a shit about how fat they get, and fat women care, but are too stupid to do a proper diet and too weak-willed to stick with it.
I have several co-workers who start their day with a soda. I'm talking about coming into work at 7 am with a fucking soda.
Two of them also bring a big ass candy bar with them.
To them it is totally fucking normal to do this.
Shit like that is why so many people are fat in this country.

t. poorfuck

this i actually a good point
they seriously need to start teaching this shit in public school

If getting girls is so easy just b urself brah how come there's so many virgins?

because it isn't

>if it's so easy to lose weight how come there's so many fat people?

shut the fuck up, it is easy, but fatties lack any whatsoever of willpower so they always relay back on shitty excuses like MUUHH GENETICS

it's funny you try to make this stupid argument because the fact is you guys sit around all day making fun of fat people even though it's extremely hard to lose any meaningful weight

i personally think you're all poor, and the idea of being able to afford more food is alien to you

The problem isn't losing weight. The problem is being told that there is no problem with them being fat AND not being able to keep it off.

>can't prove me wrong
check and m8

They used to.
But there was too much money in pushing big food business friendly bullshit on ignorant children.

because we are beset upon with constant advertising for foods that are bad for you, our culture glorifies foods that are bad for you, our schools cut out physical education and serve foods that are bad for you, most people simply never learned about how to eat right and exercise properly. In addition to all this, there is a legitimate addiction quality to our relationship with food, and most people don't understand this.

Holy duck so much this

this and only this

lost 5 kg in a month. Started with 120 kg. Your statement is obsolete.

America's capitlistic and consumeristic culture promotes a feel good kind if behaviour.
We have to comsume things that make us feel good.

Im not saying capitalism is bad, but America has perverted capitalism into something morbid and hedonistic.

you're going to gain it all back by the end of the year

screencap this

Losing weight as in getting skinny is easy, but losing fat while gaining muscle is hard because you have to eat foods that are rich with protein but not calorie dense, which cuts out a lot of the "bulking foods" people suggest

you're on

Losing is harder because to eat healthy you generally have to cook proper meals. Yeah you can starve yourself but that's just going to end up being g counter productive. To eat high calorie junk you just need a microwave or a phone.

I don't think it's America's fault, with a decaying cultural identity in most civilized countries, consumerism is the natural replacement.

>Losing is harder because to eat healthy you generally have to cook proper meals

rice and chicken aint hard to make nigga

>To eat high calorie junk you just need a microwave or a phone.
don't forget money

Good healthy food is more expensive, but lots of shit food is also expensive.

depends on metabolism for me it s harder to gain fat for most ppl it s not

it took me so long to realize this simple truth
dubs for truth

also, appetite is something you can easily train, and by using sweets or fast food you get so fuckin many calories without getting full
1 pound of chicken is a solid lunch and has about 500 cals and i sometimes feel full after it and always satisfied, while i can easiy devour 3 long chickens to put me at 2k cals

Losing weight is fucking easy. No American generation since the second world war has had an ounce of willpower drilled into them from childhood. They cave on goals the instant it gets hard.

m8 just because you can't afford to eat 2x your normal amount doesn't mean everyone lacks willpower, you just lack money

because fat people are, by definition, lazy and stupid.

It's easy, you fat fuck. Eat less and move more, you're just too fat, dumb, and lazy to commit. I used to have that same mentality, then I actually committed for a month and lost 10 pounds, the another 10, and so on and so forth until we get to where I am today at 267 down from 320+.

They let coke and Pepsi put fucking vending machines in schools, and the carriculum is administered from so high up that teachers are basically warm bodies who have to teach what they're told.

Losing weight is easy for anyone with willpower. Literally just eat less. Instead of eating a poptart eat an apple, drink water instead of soda. It's such a simple action it's baffling that anyone could find it hard.

It's a deadly combo of easy access to cheap calorie dense foods, sedentary lifestyles, lack of basic nutritional knowledge, instant gratification culture and an extreme lack of willpower. Most people these days are weak minded troglodytes who aren't willing to not be a fat, miserable slob. On the plus side, with so many fat fuckers, it makes standing out as an alpha male much easier.

Quads of truth. Is there anywhere left that has a culture that isn't being assimilated by the cult of consumption?

This is a reasonably big factor. The process to actually lose weight is simple as shit, but there's so much shitty information and word-of-mouth bullshit out there that most people have no idea where to start. There's so much shit about muh genetics/metabolism/thyroid that people think they don't have any control, and if they do want to make a change they have to go through retarded diets, insane exercising and all sorts of other shit that doesn't work just because they don't know any better. Instead of looking up "eat less calories" they all believe shit their retarded aunt tells them about drinking vinegar and try it and fail. The actual process is simple but it's buried in ignorant bullshit and people don't know any better.

I had guys at work telling me to eat more throughout the day "to keep my metabolism going". Politely told them to fuck off.

It's not a matter of willpower. All the willpower in the world isn't going solve your ignorance or make the good information float to the top of the sea of shit if you google "lose weight"

You can't simply put aside the psychological effects and cravings, which is what makes it "hard" for fatasses to lose weight. Your body will start bitching if you cut where it hurts, typically sugar.

If it's hard to get laid, how come every one but you does it?

>anecdotal sample size of 1 person
>obsolete

Hah ok man

I see a lot of stupid shit being said here. Personally, was raised not eating very well, so at 17 I was 280 pounds. Took it upon myself in my last year of highschool to start drinking water, cut soda and slow down on fast food. Also wasn't eating much because I was busy. Dropped 100 pounds fast. Few years later I'm now counting calories, cut my intake from probably 4 to 6k a day to 2k, and in my own experience, it's really easy. The secret is to be motivated so it doesn't feel like a chore or a grind. Loving it right now and seeing results!

FPBP

This is true for most people. It's fun to gain weight eating all the shit foods and it happens so slowly that it isn't until we reach a breaking point that we realize how bad we fucked up.

For me it was when I hit 220 (I'm 6ft1) back in December. I'm down to 207 now but it's a fucking struggle and my goal weight is 175. I'm cutting out all the shit foods I loved and hitting the gym harder than ever. It's working, but it is so much harder than gaining weight. One fuck up can lead to a few days of fucking up.

Fasting is the only cure. feel and know hunger. This is the only way to lose weight. Upton wrote this in 1913.

show me ur tits u fat wanker

Kek are fatties using the medieval argument now?
>fat is a sign of wealth and status
Last time I checked calorically dense supershit is very cheap and covered by food stamps

It's only "not easy to lose weight" because you actually have to do something. Getting fat as fuck is easy... sit and eat... nothing else.
Losing weight requires you to have to get off your ass and have some self control to actually not just eat everything in sight. Which is apparently hard. I come from a family full of fat fucks and they will try the odd diet, but not one of them will put any effort in. They want a magic fix, they don't want to put any effort in because "it's too hard".
I respect any fatty that is actually putting the effort in and making a change, good for them. But fuck the rest of them. It isn't hard, you just don't want to do anything.

Fat people outnumber fit people, even within your assumption that willpower alone is the driving attribute responsible we can derive that willpower isn't common and thus it isn't easy.

With weight loss studies if the data alone is taken in isolation from real life observation you would conclude that losing weight is impossible.

I've dropped at least 250 lbs in about 3 stints of 150, 50, 50 and I won't shit on normies who can't.

You'll be back at 300 within a year you arrogant faggot.

>"Man is free to do as he wills, but cannot will what he wills."

Has anyone ever become obese by accident without extracted sugars and fats?

Pretty much everything from an animal counts as "extracted", btw, because it's not the whole animal.

im in the same boat but going in a different direction. im 6'1 and 182lb trying to reach 210 before cutting

That would be impossible unless you have some _real_ underlying illness which 99% of people dont have.

Not even with daily pounds of dried fruits and nut butters? Or is the fiber content too much?

How? Eat less of the same shit you always eat. Tada! Less calories in your body, less time/effort spent on preparing and eating food

Not really. I was researching obesity and discovered that according to official studies of the day, in the year 1900 less than 3% of Americans were obese.

Keep in mind that in 1900, nobody fucking knew what calories were and nutrition science barely existed.

Yet almost nobody got fat because processed sugar simply didn't exist yet.

We aren't talking about fasting for a week here, we're talking about eating enough under maintenance in a daily context to lose weight. I'm not saying that you don't feel hungry, but the psychological effort required to ignore "boo hoo I haven't eaten in (any number less than 12 hours)" is less than the physical effort required to move your jaw up and down to chew food, let alone prepare it.

>Doing less is easier than doing more, how is that so difficult for people to understand?

That's like saying smoking more cigarettes is harder than quitting smoking.

You are ignoring that people become addicted to the feeling they get from eating.

Lol, stay mad, bitch. Well mad and fat, more likely. I'll keep doing me and be happy with myself.

Can you provide a citation or some sort of scientific evidence to back up your claim that calories don't do anything and "le scary sugars" are actually the sole contributor to obesity, other than just stating that "less people were fat in the past" and then wildly and hamfistedly misinterpreting the reasons why?

communist won ww2 and controls the media

and thats a fact, your will is not been your own

coca cola doesnt market itself to get more buyers, it markets to keep competition out

This logic is so retarded. How come it isn't easy to willingly starve yourself all the way to death? Because you want food. You want it really bad, instinctively. Your brain doesn't get you to eat food when you need it, it just makes it pleasurable so that you motivate to eat. Naturally, it's what you want most.

Animals are trained to do anything simply by convincing then that if they do that thing they'll get to eat some tasty stuff.

ITT: People who never struggled with being overweight.

Dude, what?

It's easy as shit, most people just have no determination.

>This logic is so retarded. How come it isn't easy to willingly starve yourself all the way to death?

Gee, maybe the longer you go without eating the more intense your desire for food gets? Remember that it takes weeks without food to starve to death, while we are talking about weight loss here, which still allows you eat MULTIPLE times a day, the two are not remotely comparable. If you're willing to sacrifice a day's worth of gains, try out fasting for 24 hours, you'll see how fucking easy it is.

fuck outta here, I simply stopped eating sugar and now I'm lean.

Nicotine addiction is a chemical dependency with chemically instigated withdrawal symptoms, while food addiction is an emotional dependency. The two can both be colloquially referred to as "addiction," but they are very different processes, and aren't really analogous in this context. Additionally, this thread is about whether or not losing weight is "easy." Someone having a compulsion that causes them to exert lots of effort towards gaining weight does not mean losing weight isn't easy, it just means that some people have powerful internal motivations/compulsions to do it. It's the same as how a lot of Veeky Forums people hate rest days and want to lift every day, these people enjoy working out and are "addicted" to the feeling, and prefer it to sitting around all day. This doesn't suddenly prove that it's easier to work out than to lie around and watch TV all day.

Yeah and fat people have the will power to cut out all junk and just live off rice and chicken.

You'd be surprised how many people wouldn't know how to cook rice or how long to grill chicken

For real, I'll never understand people who think that doing something is easier than not doing something.

Because being fat is a mental state and you're not ready to lose it.

Have either of you been obese?

>capitalism forces us to consume hurr

God damn fuckin liberals. It's always "our culture this" "society perpetuates that"

Always avoiding the actual problem and pointin fingers at the fuckin sky. If you're so fuckin enlightened why don't you teach people how to NOT participate in the big bad society? Huh faggot?

Because pizza, ice cream, and fast food is easier to obtain and tastier than baked chicken and steamed broccoli.

>You'd be surprised how many people wouldn't know how to cook rice
The only correct method is to use a rice cooker.

They should add some basic health classes into gym with some dietary information and repeat a few times over the years so kids get reminded.

Yeah nobody's arguing at 300 pounds all you need to lose weight is to not pig on fries and soda everyday. You're soon about to find out it is way harder to lose the same amount of weight per month when you weigh less, tardo.

I don't eat fucking pop tarts and drink fucking soda. Now what?

Well what the fuck do you eat?
I've been trying to bulk for months but you need to eat like an asshole to gain weight if all you eat is meat, diary and grains.

I ate like shit last year and have only gained about 3kg at my worst. Granted, it wasn't poptart + soda tier bad, but I frequently ate from cans and jars and microwave meals. From the beginning of this year my grandma's been in charge of my diet since we just ate whatever is in her garden -- green beans, chinese cabbage, chives, celery and some slow cooked pork and beef and tofu. Only lost around 1 kg.

Must be some big garden.

We live in a culture that is now saying it's healthy to be a fat fuck. Why would they even want to lose weight?

It really is. They bought the place because it has the potential to be sectioned into six different properties. They're just waiting for the plans to be approved now, then they're getting rid of the garden.

Instead of coming up with an argument to my statements, you call me a liberal as if that was a derogatory term, and say that im avoiding the problem.

Nice ad hominem buddy.

Have you ever taken an economics course? Did you know one of the first things you learn in an ecom course is that, in a capitalistic society, a business's main goal is to MAXIMIZE profit? Does that mean people will have to consume more and more so that these businesses can maximize profit? Wow! Could that mean that a society focused around an economic system that relies upon maximizing profits through consumptiom, affect our culture and the way our society thinks? Nah, I guess not. Thats just pointing to the sky to try and avoid the problem.

Honestly, its probably all those illegal immigrants and radical muslims coming into our country!