Do you guys even bother with stretching?

Do you guys even bother with stretching?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EN6HAheRHYQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yeah. at some point my body looked really stiff and that's when i started doing research on what stretches to do. i do 10 mins of dynamic streches before and 20 mins if static after.
i hate it and it's really boring but you should do it if you dont want to hurt yourself in the long run.

>tfw too intelligent to stretch

Yes
How are you supposed to squat heavy without ankle mobility

Im naturally very flexible

I stretch the shit out of my hips, hip flexor, quads and knee joints before squatting. If I don't, something usually goes "pop" when I warm up and the session leaves me aching. If I do the warm up, I'm fine.

i can't do a lot of stretches

for some reason any stretch that involves my legs being straight gives me a really intense and painful burning sensation in my calves

tfw can't even touch toes

nah. im young and can bounce back pretty easily. I want to try to do the splits though.

I stretch simply doing everyday things, like picking shit up, playing with my kid, reparing shit at work.

I think that's supposed to happen. It happens for me at least, just go through the pain faggot

is it normal to hurt that much though? i start to tear up after like 3 seconds

I stretch a lot b/c I cannot stop getting tendinitis in my hips, and every time it starts up my squats and DLs numbers get raped for months while I heal

It is because your legs are super tight, that is what stretches are for

I do agile 8 as I'm op's pic every time before I lift. I also run the texas method for about a year now

I do, before and after every workout.

op should have made a poll and included what age you are.

>I can't stretch because I'm inflexible

I bet you can't lift weights because you're weak.

That means you REALLY need to stretch you posterior chain

no. The doctor told me that I am too flexible

stationary bike for 15-20 mins + light stretching before and after workout. do warmups ramping up to working weight and everything is good

every day

desu i probably feel the benefits of it in my day-to-day life more than i do lifting

Used to be the same way. Burned through the pain because I am not a sissy and now I can touch knees to forehead with my legs straight and that only took like 3 weeks.

Yes I still have poor flexibility (can't touch my toes) most days I do Alan thrills mobility drill after working out. I rarely do much to warmup or stretch before hand. I always foam roll my legs after cardio

Yes.

It helps with keeping properly functioning muscles. Although not stretching does not lead to any detriments of muscle.
Im not sure if its proven but stretching the Z disk or the myosin and actin filaments help realign any fibers that may be in areas where they shouldn't be. But I'm not totally sure on this, I just remember it vaguely.

Every time I lift + about once-twice a week before bed. For squats and deads I really like Chris Duffin's warm-up routine as it's adductor and abductor oriented. I also do a lot of warm-up sets.

For presses I do the following, all with a resistance band:
Face pulls
Over and backs
External rotations
Rows
Pull-aparts

Both routines have helped me make PRs despite shoulder and groin issues.

Forgot the fucking link.

youtube.com/watch?v=EN6HAheRHYQ

I just roll around on the floor like a possum until I'm nimble.
Since doing this I can stretch my tongue to touch my elbow.

protip static stretching before exercise is stupid and potentially dangerous.