Mfw I can only bench 50 pounds

>mfw I can only bench 50 pounds

That just means you have more reasons to get better

Including or not including the bar?

Not including

op I started with the bar barely able to do 3x5 now I'm up to 70 pounds (5x5) you got this op it takes a little time but its so worth it, you feel more confident and charismatic. We're all gonna make it

>he counts the bar

You meant to tell me you put 2.5s on each side and bench? Are you an anorexic girl?
I'm not gonna judge you because I started with 10s on both side; I'm just letting you know you have a long ways to go.

Thanks bro digits confirm were gonna make it

Oh wait, I misinterpreted what you said. My b.

He said not including so he has 25lbs/10kg on each side. Which is more than I lift atm, I have 5kg on each side. Fml

No i put 25s on each side

Keep with it, it'll be worth getting all them qt cardio bunnies

Its alright bro well make it to chadom together

come back when you've been in the gym for a month and you'll laugh at yourself and your insecurities

I was there too. Couple months later I'm benching 135 for pause reps. Still bitch weight but hey it's progress. Just eat a lot, sleep a lot, and try adding a tiny bit of weight each time you bench. Also, don't be afraid to fail. I used to be afraid of having to fail on flat without a spotter but I just learned to roll it to my waist and stand up with it. Ultimately I think being afraid of failing was keeping me from making the gains I could have been making. Just focus on yourself, don't compare yourself to others.

>start lifting last week
>can do the bar (45)
>can kinda do 55 a week later
>can't do 65
>want to die

KEEP GOING

Yup it only makes me more determined, cheers mate and good luck

Why don't people count the bar as weight is this a common practice or just this special snowflake board?

>TEN pounds a week
>surprised when you can't go up another 10 in the same week
first of all you need to get some babby gains in. That means getting used to lifting with good form and keeping the bar steady. Go up by 5 lbs a week. You might need to buy some 2.5 lb plates to stick on both sides, but it's worth it. Steady progress for months, guaranteed.

Do you count the weight of the arms? Or the air resistance?

The bar is a medium to lift the plates. Counting it is cheating.

I know your pain OP

Started lifting for the first time in my life about a month and a half ago, could barely lift 75lbs(35lbs including bar, fuck everyone saying >he counts the bar, the bar has weight) and at one point had to roll out from under the bar because I got trapped due to being so weak. Currently repping 110lbs, long ways to go but I can't wait to get to lmao1pl8.

We're gonna make it brother. Thankfully I at least can finally do pull ups and chin ups.

I'm 185 cm, 61 kg, 18 years old, male.
First time at the gym yesterday, 3x5 30 kg with rotator cuff 2 kg accesories afterwards.

Is 30 kg good for my weight?

hey guys op here I've seen a couple people talking about lifting 3x5 like and I'm a lifting baby and don't know much of the nomenclature does this mean 3 sets of 5 reps and is this the optimal lifting pattern as I have been doing 3 sets of 10 reps.

It's just an autistic meme

>cant bench 1plate

I own a gym and would cancel your membership and tell you to never come back if I saw this

Fuck off bro. I started with just the bar and now bench 175 for reps.

Just gotta eat more and be consistent with your training OP.

t. Hit 1pl8 a week ago

Your fedora collection must be outstanding

Why weight is a pl8?
Also is it the total weight on bar counts as a pl8 or one of that weight on one side of the bar and another of that weight on the other side of the bar counts as one pl8 or two pl8?

5x5, 4x6, or 3x8 is fine. If you're doing 3x10 easily then it probably means it's too light.

fuck off

I dont want dyels injuring themselves in my gym and then blaming me.

Haha 70 lbs is still horribly pathetic and is no reason at all to feel "confident and charismatic"

When I bench I cant do any more weight or reps, but I dont feel sore or tired afterwards. Wat do.

I am a skelly and only bench like 75lbs

It's a huge improvement from where he started so he should feel confident, go away mate your negativity is unwelcome here.

>don't better yourself because your a sad cunt

Zyzz is rolling in his grave

You don't own a gym and don't lift

Check out Veeky Forums if you want to roleplay

reddit autismmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Says the autist

Been there bro, I never benched because I felt embarrassed but I figured everyone started some where. Could barely do 10s on either side for 3x5 when I began. I'm up to 185 5x5. We all gonna make it bro

I've never barbell bench pressed.

I can do 5 reps with 65 lb dumbbells. Never tried 70s. I guess I have roughly a lmao1pl8 bench. Pretty sad, considering I've been working out off and on for four years.

Probably closer to 160 or so. But push yourself to 70s, why stop?

>lifting for 4 months
>got to 100 pound bench and can barely add 2.5 pounds / week now

>dyels
>Do you even lift?
>won't let them lift

Really makes me think.

I can't use 65s for all my sets. I hit five reps on the first set, for on the second, and two of I'm lucky by the third, at which point I drop down to 55s for the remainder. I've been trying to hit all my reps before moving to 70s, but I'm stalling out big time. Making ten pound jumps is hard.

I own fun fitness in LA

More like no fun ahaha, emireght

>been lifting for 1.5 months
>225 deadlift
>145 bench
>stalling at 135 squat

please answer friends.

tfw i hit 2 pl8 bench fairly easily today and still no gf

Have you tried doing 3x5 instead? Or maybe 5x5 with the 55s?

iktfb

Proof it faggot

1pl8 = 2 x 45lbs or 2 x 20 kg plus a bar.

>plus bar

You include the weight of the bar retard

No you dont

I started with the same weight and know I'm benching 100kilos. So don't give up bro

But the bar weighs 45lbs, why wouldn't you count the weight of something you're lifting. Don't you want to know exactly the amount of weight (gravities effect on a mass) that you are able to lift with your muscles??

How much do your arms weigh?

Not a lot. That's why you don't count them.

>your arms don't weigh a lot

Yours, maybe

wait, are you trolling or do you not actually count the bar weight... I refuse anyone is this stupid.

yes you do

The bar is simply a medium for lifting. It only weighs that much b cause that's the amount of iron needed to be consistently stable. If there was a way to make a weightless bar it would he uses instead.

Are you enjoying padding your stats?

>Are you enjoying padding your stats?
No I enjoy telling people the correct amount I lift!

I now feel weaker friend thank you.

In a year you will bench 100 pounds
If you work hard, you can bench 150 kg in 3 years

He already benches 100lbs. 25's on each side plus the bar. is 95lbs, 100 shouldn't be too hard.

I moved from 3x5 to 5x5 and that got me to the 65s. I'm going to drop to 3x10 for a while to train for mass, then after a while go back to sets of 5.

Either 2 scenarios here.

1. You are trying to be funny and "troll" but in reality you are just a dick.

2. You are just a dick

Post photos of yourself or fuck off. Bet you can't bench 2pl8s you dickmuncher.

How many reps should I be able to do with my current weight before I move up?

>start benching 55 lbs 3x5
>get to 65 lbs a week later
>fail on last set
>literally have girls laugh at me
>get to 1pl8 by end of month 3
>tfw we big boi plates now
it'll get better, keep at it friendo

You do realise that even if it is "a medium for lifting" it still has weight, that you are lifting... Don't care if you want to think it's "padding" it still does count towards the weight being lifted.
In what crazy ass world does weight not count? So if I was to carry two boxes and they both weight 100 pounds each, and I stack them on top of each other to carry them. I am not carrying 200 pound, but only a 100 pound, because I am using one box as the medium to carry the other box.

if the bars weight doesn't affect the lift then how come some people cant even bench the bar

So keep doing it, and then keep increasing it. I was at 35 kg last fall (as I just got started at the gym basically) and today I managed 62,5 kg. You will get better and damn does it feel good.

>TLDR; git gud

God fucking damnit, sometimes I forget americans are retarded
I thought you meant all of those units in kg

>lift for 1.5 year
>290lbs bench
>420lbs squat
>480lbs deadlift
>190lbs OHP

sup faggots?

How much do you weigh tho?

dat squat-deadlift dispairty

Congrats. You have fat person strength

135, started at 120

male btw

You are either 5 foot 5 inches or a concentration camp survivor.
Kinda got to post height when you post weight buddy.

5'9, eating is hard.

>mfw 5'9" and started at 131lbs
>2 months later 134lbs

I'm noticing visible growth in my chest/shoulders but holy fuck I'm amazed I can't gain any weight at all.

yeah there's no way this isn't bait

Probably wait a little longer between sets.

You just have to lurk more tbqhwy user

Eat more obviously. Add more volume. If you can keep doing sets, do 5x5 to 10x5.

I have never actually never tried the bench press with a barbell, i only use 30 kg dumbells and do dumbellpress and flies 14-16 kg there...
Should i start doing benchpress with a barbell? Is there any difference?

I know people talk about clean bulking and so on but in reality just eat semi-healthy food and a shit-ton of it. Bulking is a good excuse to pig out as long you're not eating only fast food.

How much does the bar weigh on dumbells? I've been including it on my stats : (

>fat person strength
where does this meme come from? I was a fatty starting out and had zero strength from a decade of heavy computer usage

People who are fat but active have fat person strength.