Who's getting /thicc/ here? Discuss thicc specific inspirations, routines, nutrition, etc

Who's getting /thicc/ here? Discuss thicc specific inspirations, routines, nutrition, etc.

> /thicc/ Pastebin
pastebin.com/fmyJtHVM
Before asking questions, please take a look at the pastebin.

What is Thicc Mode?
>Thicc mode is traditional male aesthetics. Thicc mode for Veeky Forums has been described as a body built from barbell strength training with accessories (texas method, madcow, 5/3/1), 13% to 17% bodyfat that has crossover to strength or contact sports ability. Twinks, ottermode, & contest ready bodybuilders are not thicc mode.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/P35Kn
acefitness.org/blog/5765/how-to-improve-grip-strength
drive.google.com/file/d/0B8EbfzFB0mBrR09kSWpRLTlJX3c/view
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

my goal is to become /thicc/

Too bad my metabolism is fast as hell.

I'm 5'7" (pls no bully) and 160 and wondering if I should bulk or cut to get this. I feel like I could go either way. I want to exercise and gain muscle because I read it works wonder for the brain but don't want to if I'm just going to look like utter shit. I'm trying to get the thick aesthetic without going turbomanlet.

if you want to avoid getting fat then you should try to eat as much food as necessary to avoid losing too much strength while cutting.

>I'm 5'7" (pls no bully)
/thicc/ manlets are hot as fugg, no homo.

I need to drop weight and gain muscle to hit my goals of Thicc. Been lifting consistently for a while, dropped a little bit of weight counting calories.

I don't really want to cut then bulk though. Do you guys have any tips on recomping? How does the recomping process work exactly?

>/thicc/ manlets are hot as fugg
Thanks, user. You too.

>no homo
I wouldn't object either way.

I decided I'm gonna build muscle though. Doing LCHF is gonna be a big help I just know.

>muh metabolism
i used to use that excuse

>Too bad I'm too much of a little bird to eat big to get big
FTFY

Btw what BF% is webum related?

I'm 6'2 brahs (forgot to add height), not into that whole manlet lifestyle.

What's his name, /thicc/?

and?
there are plenty of 6'2" guys who are thicc.
stop making excuses.

You're right brah eating peanut butter as we speak

I will plan on getting /thicc/ this year after I finished my cutting experiment

Mark my words

Piss off kieran

Last post killed the other thread.

Took an unexpected fortnight off strict lifting so deloaded a bit and started one of Blevins' novice programs yesterday.

He's thicc as fuark, recently set a couple IPF world records and generally knows what he's talking about.

At what point can I switch to the texas method? I've been lifting for maybe 2-3 years now (with 2breaks each year where I go aborad traveling for a month) and I keep plateauing around the same lifts even when deloading. I still sticked with strong lifts so far because the numbers that I have are not close to that recommended in the estats of this place, but I thought the time should be enough to maybe try it with a different programm?

Switch when you need to, whether your novice gains take you to a 2pl8 squat or 4pl8 doesn't matter.

After 2-3 years the low volumes of beginner programs won't be enough despite your short breaks.

If you're stalling on a program repeatedly it does you no harm to switch to a new one.

Just make sure your food and sleep are on track before you call something a legit stall.

how is 5x5 low volume then?

Well the new one seems kinda complicated aswell.
At the moment I'm doing AxBxAxxBxAxB

while A being 5x5 squats, bench & row and B being 5x5 ohp, deads and accesoires (chinups and other stuff)

The thing is if I switch right now I'd have to deload again to change to the new programm right? And I just finally reached the plateau I was at before christmas (took 2months off in january for aborad and monastery stuff) which I mostly could lift for maybe 5-10lbs on each lift and then got stuck again for 1-2weeks now.

Can I just switch the programm but stay close to the max weight like 90% of it or something?

I've never personally run TM but just set your training max (or whatever your percentages are based on) to 90% of your projected 1RM (which is probably ~115% of your 5RM). Don't deload too much just enough that you're not immediately working at max intensity.

Wh-who is this?

>I don't really want to cut then bulk though

Why not? There's a reason that virtually everybody does it that way.

That said eat at maintenance and try to keep up with your lifts as long as possible.

/Thicc/ Is probably the manlet only redeeming bodyform. Good choice m8

This is me currently, 5'11 and about 255 lbs. I wanna get to 240 at around 15% bf plus rep out 2/3/4/5 while having decent cardio. Should I just cut to 240 then eat at maintenance while trying to improve everything?

I enjoy lifting too much. I don't want my volume or numbers dropping in the gym just because I'm losing weight faster. I tried cutting on a 500kcal deficit and my lifts went to shit, so I was wondering if recomping would work better at avoiding that.

For a while it would sure but you can't serve two masters. Lose the fat and accept that your lifts won't progress. By the time you're done you'll be that much hungrier to smash huge weights again.

Are you in a barracks room?

>homobait general

Is it possible to get /thicc/ from kickboxing?

I'm eating 6 "healthy" meals a day without tracking macros or calories, since I eat at a canteen and live with my parents. Trying to ingest as much protons as I can, ordered some Whey Isolate too. Doing SL. Will I become /thicc/ or /fat/? It's my first bulk, pls hold me Veeky Forums.

if you're getting stronger i wouldn't worry about adding on a bit of bf%

I just don't want to over do it. I'm a recovered fatty. So I'm scared to get fat again. I'm 1.78 cm and 64 kg, around 12% bf. Is a 3000kc bulk too much?

you're a skeleton, harry. but 3000 should be good.

Start at 3000 and if you feel like you're unnecessarily getting fat without putting on muscle and gaining strength, cut down on your cals.

wtf I'm 1.75 and 74kg and I'm not even getting close to being fat.

I'd bulk around 2.7-2.8 with that height and weight though.

5'7 150 time to BULK
Is 70's Big possible after Starting Strength? Should I another program first?

lol maybe

not from kickboxing alone.

>tfw i see myself fat even if im technically a skeleton.

Body dysmorphia is real. I can post a recent photo of mine and you would laugh.

pic related is my tdee.

You switch when linear gains stop i.e. you can't progress session to session and have repeatedly stalled.

I also found it useful to check myself against symmetricstrength.com and that I was well into an intermediate strength level with competition tested form.

>discord.gg/P35Kn
>discord.gg/P35Kn
>discord.gg/P35Kn
DISCORD LINK

Thicc is also my goal. I want Justin's bod in more ways than one
>no homo

Jokes aside in these pics hes probably around 15% fat right? I need a target

Are you an archeologist?

Please be my bf

Because he's raised your bone?

Newfag pls

I'm not a newfag. I just don't know that meme.

then youre a newfag

(you)

Would it make sense to switch to texas method if I can't progress on upperbody anymore but can easily progress on lowerbody following a starter program? I don't want to milk as much as possible my progress for squat and diddly but don't to be too weak ton my OHP and bench.

>I don't want to milk
I want to*

3000 could be too much. I'd step up gradually man, 100 calories every two weeks - and let the results guide you. Don't rush. At 100 calories increased per two weeks, you'll raise a thousand calories in 20 weeks. That is five months. Five months is not unreasonable to make a huge change to your body. Plus, adding 500 might work for you, and that would only take half the time, unless its leap year.

Im currently doing dumbbell rows, meadow rows, weighted chinups/pullups, shrugs and rack pulls for back. Anything I should add?

BACK EXTENSIONS

You can mix intermediate progression in certain lifts with linear progression on others. You can keep squatting/deadlifting and increasing the weight linearly but otherwise you adhere to a Texas Method variation of volume/intensity.
The Texas Method book talks about this situation, you can get it on the pastebin.

Thank you for the answer. I'll read up a bit into the program but do you think it would work if I were to arrange it so that I get PR in both bench and OHP on the same day to progress once a week instead of once every two weeks?

heavy ass farmer's walks. both for time and for distance. pay attention to your elbows tho

A diddly a day keeps the doctor away

> if I were to arrange it so that I get PR in both bench and OHP on the same day
You might achieve that once in a while, exceptionally, but it's most certainly not something that will work on the long term. You'll be too tired on your upper body to make that kind of progress, you'll just fail.
That said, you could try adding dumbbell bench/overhead press as an assistance lift in the intensity day. It's not something recommended in the book but it would give you some additional volume that would pay off in the following week. So, for example, you'd try 1x5 Bench Press to set a new 5RM and, after finishing your main lifts, you could go for 3-5 sets of 8-12 of overhead dumbbell press.

I get what you're saying but my lifts are not exactly at an intermediate level that's why I'm thinking adding weight once a week would maybe work. My 5RM maxes right now are at 0.75/1.5/2.75/3.75 at 185lbs 5'9. I'll play around with the routine and see what works best.

In that case then it might work for a while. Still, alternate weekly what lift you perform first.

gym doesnt have a station for back extensions, just the machine. Ive been doing kettle bell swings for lower back conditioning.

woops, replied to my own post. Ive been doing farmer walks as well with 45 pound plates, dumbbells kept slipping out of my hands. I guess at some point ill need to up the weight.

Alright thanks

Have you considered good mornings instead of back extensions?

I feel like I'm at a crossroads of either cutting or becoming truly THICC. thoughts?

>cutting

Who else here started lifting wanting to become otter but now wants to be thicc?

Also what lifts required to become batfleck

>slipping out of hands
disgraceful acefitness.org/blog/5765/how-to-improve-grip-strength

Anyone tried Greg Nuckols 28 free programs?

I'm trying out the 3x int med and bench (replaced with OHP), 2x int squat, 2x int DL. Gonna begin when i start my next bulk. Is it good for size/mass?

Some rate my routine pls
Pic related- 6 days a week. P/p/l/x/p/p/l

hows this for a thick routine my dudes

hehe, im 2kg behind you at the same height, on the road to thiccness, i might be 1-2% higher bodyfat though because you got that adonis belt going.

how much does that fucking chest bench press?

Nice man keep it up. The Adonis belt has a pretty big genetic component I had it when I was pretty fat and rarely train abs.
My best bench is 115kg / 254lbs for 3

bump

bump

What about girls who want to be thicc?

If you want to get proper thicc you need to incorporate strongman-style drills to your routine. Do loaded carries, many variations. Push the prowler every once in a while. clean and press dumbbells or kettlebells.

prowlers and farmers walks for sure. i dont have room to do prowler pushes though...strongman work is the best though. in the ulxpplx user

I know it's Plebbit..
But has anyone used 2Suns 531 to get Thicc? Thinking of doing the 4 day routine.

What sort of accessory work would you guys recommend with it?

These aren't my numbers, but...
Spreadsheet here:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B8EbfzFB0mBrR09kSWpRLTlJX3c/view

No girls allowed

justin is so hot. I don't know how he's doing it.

doing 70s big LP right now...Working out pretty well.
In about 3 more months I am going to do a year long bulk on PL program with some arm and shoulder work.
What is the best option? sheiko? TM? Westside? 5/3/1 BBB?

I am not a beginner, Im just doing an LP to get my squats back up to their previou level
stats: (1rm)
squats: 155 kg
diddly: 180 kg
OHP: 80 kg
Dips: +55 kg
Chinup: +45 kg

Thicc + masculine + speedo = hnnng

I want to be thicc because I'm going bald really fast, and I was thicc for 2 years of college before grad school and 2 jobs got the beter of my gym time.
Trying to get back strong again from skinny fat is hell.

1 year of losing weight + bodyweight stuff. (96kg to 64kg). Started SL 2 weeks ago, check my DL form pls. My friend says that my back is still curved. Thanks.

your back doesn't look too bad, but you should squeeze your chest up. i'm more concerned about you dropping your hips that low before you lift. look up rippetoe's deadlift video on youtube. it's pretty damn great at keeping the lift simple.

Shoulders should be over the bar not aligned with it
You're not bracing properly

you have to pull your back TIGHT
brace harder
you just concentrate on keeping it not curved

So I need to pop my chest more and don't drop my ass so low. Thanks.

So need to bend over the bar more. Got it

>you have to pull your back TIGHT

I dont get this one, what do you mean? Thanks!