Is "prediabetes" a real condition that you'll always have even if you take care of yourself or is it just a made up...

Is "prediabetes" a real condition that you'll always have even if you take care of yourself or is it just a made up term to scare people into paying attention to their health?

To clarify, is it something that just goes into "remission" or is it something that can disappear and you go back to normal again if you completely take care of yourself?

Other urls found in this thread:

joslin.org/info/what_is_pre_diabetes.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randle_cycle
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC507380/
omicsonline.org/mechanisms-of-fatty-acid-induced-insulin-resistance-in-muscle-and-liver-2155-6156.1000127.php?aid=715
hhmi.org/research/cellular-mechanisms-insulin-resistance
diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/54/12/3458.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1202744/
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0140673663915010
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10334314
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18460913
nutritionfacts.org/video/what-causes-insulin-resistance/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is this a joke?

Yes. It's curable. Diabetes II is entirely curable and very easily done so, with proper diet and exercise. Start fasting and eating a ketogenic diet.

IF and low carb idiot

WHat I'm asking is, is it curable in the sense that I'm back to normal and no longer a part of me or is it just something that I have to keep in check?

Yes. It is curable. That is what curable means. If you want me to explain what causes this, I will. The function of insulin in the body is to use blood glucose. It will do this in two main ways: storage in adipose tissue as triglyceride or to be taken into cells. Now, glucose itself has a hard time getting into cells in your body and uses insulin receptors on your cells to transport it in and out. When the cell is in presence of too much insulin, it will start to decrease the amount of insulin receptors it has in a process called downregulation. So now there's less glucose being put into your cells, so the glucose is left in your blood. This is what causes high blood sugar.

To reverse this, lowering blood insulin is necessary. You can use sulphonylureas to lower blood sugar but that's not going to cure your diabetes. To cure the diabetes itself, you want cells to "like " insulin again. So what you can do is go on a ketogenic diet and fast to lower your insulin and have your cells increase your insulin receptors, or upregulate.

My Hemglobin A1C test put me at 5.8%. From what I have researched, Type 2 Diabetes is 6.5% and onwards.
What I have researched about Pre-Diabetes is that some places make it sound like you'll never have it again while others make it sounds like something you have to live with or "stage 1 diabetes" .

You're barely prediabetic right now. A Hemoglobin A1C percentage of 5.7% and lower is considered normal. But yes, consistently lowering your Hemoglobin A1C will be considered healthy. Again, keep in mind. It's not your blood glucose that's making you diabetic. It's your lack of insulin receptors. Taking insulin injections or even metformin will lower your blood glucose and give you a regular A1C percentage, but it won't cure your diabetes. To cure your diabetes, you have to fix your diet.

diabetes explanation

So if I lower my Hemoglobin A1C test to lower than 5.6% am I "normal" again or am I "pre-diabetic forever, but is taking care of himself and delaying diabetes"?

I don't like the idea that I'm a pre-diabetic, let alone full blown diabetic.

I'm not diabetic :(

I'm confused by this, low insulin is bad? I thought keto was all about low insulin since insulin stops fat being released and metabolised

I see some sites that say "pre-diabetes can be stopped or 'delay' type 2" which implies that full diabetes is inevitable.

There are many websites written by idiots, including idiot doctors

type 2 diabetes is, in some cases. T1D is not at all, but it is more easily manageable with a good diet.

So what's the truth? If I take care of myself will I still be in the category of "pre-diabetic" years from now?

Low insulin is bad - IF your blood sugar is really high.

According to this joslin.org/info/what_is_pre_diabetes.html both diabetes and pre-diabetes are defined by blood glucose levels. So pre-diabetes is the same thing as diabetes, just not as severe. The cause of the high blood glcose is insulin resistance. or in other words, a lack of insulin receptors in cells as the other user explained. My conclusion is that if you restore normal insulin response, you won't have a blood glucose level in the pre-diabetic range anymore which means that you won't be pre-diabetic.

This won't restore the damage done to blood vessels as mentioned in , I assume the scarring is permament.

>cure diabetes by eating a diet known to cause insulin resistance
lol what

dude shut the fuck up you ignorant faggot.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randle_cycle
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC507380/
omicsonline.org/mechanisms-of-fatty-acid-induced-insulin-resistance-in-muscle-and-liver-2155-6156.1000127.php?aid=715
hhmi.org/research/cellular-mechanisms-insulin-resistance
diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/54/12/3458.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1202744/
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0140673663915010
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10334314
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18460913
nutritionfacts.org/video/what-causes-insulin-resistance/
dietary fat causes insulin resistance.

>There are people in the universe who learned enough about diabetes to figure out what insulin resistance is, but not enough to figure out that keto doesn't do anything
Jesus christ user the solution is just lose weight so that your visceral fat stops pumping out inflammatory cytokines from macrophage invasion, not this garbage

>Dietary fat
It's circulating NEFAs, which is not dietary. You can't induce diabetes with an isocaloric high fat diet in someone who is healthy

yes you can.

I see.
I hope I don't experience complications.
I don't wan to label myself as "pre-diabetic" forever, let alone diabetic.

>Jesus christ user the solution is just lose weight

This is all you need to know

How do you know the damage is permanent?
I thought blood vessels could repair themselves.

If by losing weight and maintaining a healthy diet, is it still possible to experience complications from pre-diabetes?

Why don't you just do it and find out, retard?

What, are you just gonna NOT get in shape if we tell you you're fucked? You're better off getting in shape no matter the outcome.

For what it's worth, I took at A1C test my senior spring of college and I was just in the prediabetic range. It's a 3 month average and I had been partying and drinking 2-3 nights a week to close out college. I took the test the next year after starting a job and being healthier (no drinking) and I was in the normal range again. So yes, you can reverse the process and get back to normal. I did it.

The biggest mover and shaker will be lowering your body fat%. I have familial diabetic and heart disease risk so I really need to doing regular HIIT while maintaining sub 12% bf to score in the healthy range for A1C and blood pressure. Tfw inferior genes.

Recently diagnosed type 1 diabetic here. From what I have read, in some cases, you can slow or reverse the progress of prediabetes/type 2 diabetes.

I on the other hand, have slowly lost the beta cells in my pancreas bease my immune system thinks they're foreign.

I still make a little insulin, my kidneys seem to be OK. My a1c was 15.8%, which is an average blood sugar of 400mg/dL. I think I was undiagnosed for more than 2, but less than 3 years.

When I'm super high my vision gets blurry and I can feel neuropathy starting in my feet, especially at night. Kind of scary.

Basically, take this seriously, respect the condition, but don't freak out. It is a bad use of your time, and you haget no choice but to get good at this stuff.

Also, when I say lowering your body fat%, I don't mean cutting from 25% to 18%. Subcutaneous adipose tissue doesn't really have all that many terrible effects on the body aside from added joint stress. Visceral fat, the fat in your gut next to your organs, is what you need to try to get rid of. It doesn't go away until you're lean. Get under 12%, ideally at or just under 10% and your blood markers should improve. Do HIIT, not just jogging. Take cardio more seriously than lifting. You'll be fine.

Thanks for the advice.
So if someone were to ask you "are you pre-diabetic" or if you were applying for a job and you have to write down what health conditions you have on the application paper, would you write or select diabetes/pre-diabetes?