How many eggs do you eat a day?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aNby8ongJsM
youtube.com/watch?v=023jyVJ11J4
nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1109400
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18400720
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9001684
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22390963
heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Cholesterol/AboutCholesterol/About-Cholesterol_UCM_001220_Article.jsp
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5TLzNi5fYd9lgvt0-8Oi9BIQ-jO2PBD3
crowcanyon.org/EducationProducts/peoples_mesa_verde/paleoindian_food.asp
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7019459
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27479196
newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/majority-of-hospitalized-heart-75668
athero.org/commentaries/comm564.pdf
nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-arterial-function/
nutritionfacts.org/video/who-says-eggs-arent-healthy-or-safe/
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0021915098001324
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0021915076901064
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0140673612608137
stroke.ahajournals.org/content/42/1_suppl_1/S40.short
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8375373
thieme-connect.com/DOI/DOI?10.1055/s-2007-1024619
tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/07315724.1999.10718894
nejm.org/doi/pdf/10.1056/NEJM198610023151413
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/80/1/163.short
journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1087054715593633
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/nbm.1281/abstract
scirp.org/journal/PaperInformation.aspx?PaperID=19921
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S030439401500138X
nature.com/articles/srep13188
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1043276014000289
ajp.psychiatryonline.org/doi/abs/10.1176/appi.ajp.2012.12070940
fasebj.org/content/26/8/3563.short
tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.3109/00365519109091637
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S095528630700277X
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1550413110004432
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/002191507990008X
bjsm.bmj.com/content/28/4/267
minervamedica.it/en/journals/sports-med-physical-fitness/article.php?cod=R40Y2004N02A0193
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0026049583901221
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1567568804906727
jap.physiology.org/content/103/4/1166.short
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0021915011008185
cambridge.org/core/journals/british-journal-of-nutrition/article/div-classtitleoxidised-plant-sterols-as-well-as-oxycholesterol-increase-the-proportion-of-severe-atherosclerotic-lesions-in-female-ldl-receptorspan-classsup-span-micediv/F331C47835BA7433358421F86068AC16
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/101/5/1088
pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ed082p1791
jcb.rupress.org/content/86/3/820.long
ajpregu.physiology.org/content/294/6/R1901.short
jlr.org/content/50/1/81.abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25749911
fasebj.org/content/25/1_Supplement/lb563.short
fasebj.org/content/25/1_Supplement/lb594.short
fasebj.org/cgi/content/meeting_abstract/22/1_MeetingAbstracts/962.13
journals.lww.com/acsm-msse/Fulltext/2006/05001/Dietary_Cholesterol_Alters_Recovery_from_Eccentric.2506.aspx
journals.lww.com/acsm-msse/Fulltext/2007/05001/Effect_of_Dietary_Cholesterol_on_Muscle.1949.aspx
academic.oup.com/biomedgerontology/article/62/10/1164/568431/Statins-and-Dietary-and-Serum-Cholesterol-Are
nature.com/ijo/journal/v31/n6/full/0803549a.html
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S095528639700048X
researchgate.net/publication/297381073_Effect_of_HMB_on_fuel_utilization_membrane_stability_and_creatine_kinase_content_of_cultured_muscle_cells
jap.physiology.org/content/89/4/1340.short
jap.physiology.org/content/81/5/2095.short
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0026049597902183
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A dozen

0! I haven't had any eggs since becoming vegan.

Depends, if I'm doing strength work 1-3 but if it's a hypertrophy day 8-12

I'm cutting right now so I usually make them with 2 whole eggs and 3 egg whites. Probably about 5 times a week.

About 0.10. Eggs fuck with your health pretty bad, best to just abstain from them

youtube.com/watch?v=aNby8ongJsM

youtube.com/watch?v=023jyVJ11J4

If I want to disregard my health to get bigger I may as well use steroids. Rather get acne and smaller balls than clogged arteries/prostate cancer

A dozen raw including the shell
There's literally nothing better for joint health

>egg whites
kys

if you are worried about saturated fat and low cholesterol, put unsaturated fats in your diet.

Gaston?

1, soft boiled.

how the fuck the most nutritious food sources that were eaten by our species since the beginning of times receive so much shit in the media in the recent years? it's hilarious how proudly braindead some of you are

Aren't you guys worried about the high saturated fats and cholesterol that eggs have?

t. Big Lenny

faggot

m8 ive been eating 5 eggas a day for about 2 years, if theyre bad for you id be dead by now

0, I'm vegan

So if someone eats X every day for two years it's good for you?

Choline from eggs increases risk of stroke, heart attack, and death
nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1109400

egg consumption was positively related to mortality, more strongly so in diabetic subjects
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18400720

>We conclude that eggs consumption, in addition to its hypercholesterolemic effect, increases plasma and LDL oxidizability, a phenomenon which was shown to enhance the progression of atherosclerosis. The atherogenic properties may contribute to the accelerated atherosclerosis prevalent in populations with high cholesterol intake.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9001684

Even one egg a week increased the odds of Type 2 Diabetes by 76% compared to

Who the fuck said anything about saturated fat or cholesterol? It's all about calories. There is no need to eat a bunch of whole eggs on a cut.

Chill with the autism.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22390963

Aight bra,

Where you getting your protein and cholesterol from?

I get 0 mg of dietary cholesterol every day. I haven't had any since I became vegan.

>Your body, and especially your liver, makes all the cholesterol you need
heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Cholesterol/AboutCholesterol/About-Cholesterol_UCM_001220_Article.jsp

For protein I take a TrueNutrition Plant Blend shake every morning, and I eat a lot of grains > beans > lentils > tofu > seeds and nuts throughout the day.

Egg videos playlist:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5TLzNi5fYd9lgvt0-8Oi9BIQ-jO2PBD3

y-you too, thanks

None, I don't like em and they do nothing milk and whey can't do.

>it's hilarious how proudly braindead some of you are

that irony

Modern science is constantly growing, our ancestors also didn't shove 3 eggs a day into their mouths, not to mention all the added red meat to our diets. It is now objective scientific fact that even in moderation, red meat and eggs are detrimental to your health, more so than their pros. Educate yourself and post evidence for your argument or don't respond to me again.

0! = 1

36 unironically

you know you need cholesterol right?

>post evidence for your argument or don't respond to me again

take your own advice

its common knowledge man followed the mammoth over the land bridge between russia and alaska. further that american indians lived off buffalo. maybe not eggs, but humans surely survived off of red meat as a main source of food for a looooooong time. fucking fruit and veggies weren't even an option during the last ice age.

crowcanyon.org/EducationProducts/peoples_mesa_verde/paleoindian_food.asp

>Mammoths, mastodons, and an ancient form of bison were among the most commonly hunted large game. Projectile points have been found in and near the bones of these animals, sometimes at sites where large numbers of them were killed and butchered.

the fucking autism on this board this post better be bait

No. You don't need any dietary cholesterol. It only causes heart disease and diabetes.

For breakfast I scramble 1 egg with some added egg whites from a carton. That's it.

The fact that humans can subsist on animals does not make them the ideal diet. Throughout human history meat has always played a smaller part of the diet for man. Even if early man did eat a lot of meat, that doesn't make it a good diet.

Evidence we have now suggests a Mediterranean diet is much healthier for humans, one with limited amounts of fats and animal products in the form of olive oil and fish, and one which severely limits eggs, poultry, dairy, and red meats to less than once a month.

The healthiest human populations are ones which live primarily on plant-based diets.

not the guy you're responding to, but
>implying there's only HEALTHIEST and UNHEALTHY
>implying longevity is our goal here
fuck off

Yes, I am implying longevity is the goal.

underrated

>tfw when calc theory final in 4 hours

>that doesn't make it a good diet.
it literally killed off the weak who couldn't handle a meat diet

just like how niggers can't drink milk because white people learned how to be farmers

That still doesn't make us adapted to eat as much meat as we do. Just look at the American public. They eat a ton of meat. Their arteries are filled with plaque. Compare that to native Cretans or Okinawans who suffered barely any heart disease and ate barely any meat.

>That still doesn't make us adapted to eat as much meat as we do

>adapted to survive on only meat during ice age
>yeah but we're not supposed to eat this much meat!!!

yes
animal protein blocks arteries
congrats you're a genius. now go

kek

>intestines somehow shortened during the ice age
>teeth became adapted to consume meat
>no longer get atherosclerosis from consuming fats and cholesterol
Yeah, except none of that happened. By all accounts we are still entirely adapted to consume a primarily plant-based diet. You can live to maturity eating nearly anything, but that doesn't make it ideal.

Replacing animal proteins with plant proteins in your diet reduces your cholesterol thereby reducing the build-up of atherosclerotic plaque.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7019459

>Substitution of plant protein for animal protein, especially that from processed red meat, was associated with lower mortality, suggesting the importance of protein source.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27479196

>These associations were confined to participants with at least 1 unhealthy lifestyle factor based on smoking, heavy alcohol intake, overweight or obesity, and physical inactivity, but not evident among those without any of these risk factors.

also

21 people for a study is really small and you should consider doing a broader study with more people with different diets.

>I get 0 mg of dietary cholesterol every day
Explains why you're such a beta bitch because cholesterol is needed for testosterone production.

>how the fuck the most nutritious food sources

Hello marketing. Eggs aren't nearly as nutritious as people pretend they are. Good amount of riboflavin, selenium, and one or two other common nutrients, everything else is pretty standard or lacking.

Different guy here

>21 people for a study is really small and you should consider doing a broader study with more people with different diets.

Not for that type of study. It's a simple feeding experiment, it doesn't require large amounts of people.

And

>These associations were confined to participants with at least 1 unhealthy lifestyle facto

This is probably more due to the mean age of the study group, which was 49. It's unlikely you're going to die from any single lifestyle cause barring hard drugs. The associations were found in people with at least 1 risk factor because they're more at risk at a younger age, so the effect of plant vs animal protein is more noticeable in that population.

>It's unlikely you're going to die from any single lifestyle cause barring hard drugs.

*by 49

>you have to eat cholesterol to have cholesterol

Can we get back to daily egg consumtion!

I eat about 5 a day! 2 in smoothies and 3 for break fast.

to comment on all this egg nonsense
I eat a minimum of 6 eggs a day and have done so for years.
I've even roided for a good while during the past few years, so any negative effect from the evil eggs would have been magnified.

recent blood work shows blood lipid levels in the normal range and bp is 117/70.

on top of this, I drink usually a litre of whole milk a day

0. I get my daily protein through tuna, yogurt, and tofu.

No, it does not cause heart disease. It fights inflammation, but if it's unsuccessful it'll do more harm than good. However, it is never THE case of inflammation. just a symptom.

Anecdotes aren't very convincing

> blood lipid levels in the normal range and bp is 117/70.

Normal and good are different things

newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/majority-of-hospitalized-heart-75668

>how many eggs do you eat?

>>HEY GUYZ DID U KNOW IM A VEGUN

What the fuck is wrong with your kind, nobody gives a shit. Why do you always have to bring it up?

All of them, sorry.

>Researchers analyzed data from 136,905 patients hospitalized for a heart attack nationwide between 2000 and 2006 whose lipid levels upon hospital admission were documented

age?
smokers?
drinkers?
stressed?
genetic defects?

horrible study.

also the size of the low density particles matters as much as the quantity, and lipid tests do not typically check for that

>the size of the low density particles matters as much as the quantity, and lipid tests do not typically check for that

Nor should they, because it doesn't matter.

athero.org/commentaries/comm564.pdf

" Multivariable regression
analysis using Generalized Estimation Equations (GEE) was
performed to determine patient characteristics predictive of
LDL and HDL levels. The GEE approach adjusts for patient
demographics and baseline clinical status and considers the
clustering effect within hospitals. Patient age, gender, race, body
mass index, medical history (hypertension, dyslipidemia,
diabetes, renal insufficiency, prior myocardial infarction [MI],
smoking, heart failure, and stroke), admission diagnoses, and
prior use of lipid-lowering medications were included initially in
the multivariable model, and then factors for which
P

were removed from the logistic regression model. A
P
of

HURR DURR I EAT EGGS AND MEAT Why do I always feel the need to bring it up? I dunno! I'm just a dumb meat eater!

Why make a topic about eating eggs if you don't actually want to know how many eggs people eat?

>0

None, they give me really bad gas

Is four eggs on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday bad? That's a dozen a week and in between those I make that chicken breast night. Weekends are lenient on whatever I want (just watch calories) but no more eggs.

there are just as many studies out there that say eggs arent' bad for you as there are studies that say they are bad for you.

fuck it. eat as many as you want. they're cheap as hell and have lots of protein in them. personally I eat them fried in butter - 3 or 4 of them every other morning with a tiny bit of salt and pepper. fucking delicious I eat them straight with a fork like that no gimmicks

I'm like 90% sure you're a paleo fag trying to make vegans look bad

>there are just as many studies out there that say eggs arent' bad for you as there are studies that say they are bad for you.

Then you analyze the data and determine why that is, not say fuck it. It's not as hard to understand as you might think. Here's an example of a paper that says eggs are beneficial and a look into how they came to that conclusion.

nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-arterial-function/

I'm not. I swear. There were a surprising number of other vegans responding in this thread.

How should I have responded so as not to make the vegan movement look bad?

Why does every vegan have to be an official ambassador for veganism? Is every meat eater an ambassador for eating meat? Because there's a lot of fatties at Walmart that speak volumes about the standard American diet.

>being this autistic
>muh risk aversion
>muh longevity

Just fucking eat them or don't who gives a shit

>The healthiest human populations are ones which live primarily on plant-based diets.

With a noticeable involvement in meat in the diet too.

Hey Gaston

Eggs didn't have yolks until recently, like the last 100 years or so. Companies added yolks to eggs to make them taste better.

Sometimes true, sometimes not. Usually it is a very limited percentage of the diet, like fish a few times a month. The studies done of Mediterranean diets conclude that the protective benefits are imparted by the increased consumption of plants, not by the fish or olive oil.

Nobody brought it up retard, nobody even asked about specific diets or whatever.

The topic clearly was "how many eggs do people eat", not about specific diets and the like.

... What the fuck are you talking about? Are you retarded? You must be retarded.

When I was a lad I ate four dozen eggs, every morning to help me get large.

But now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs, so I'm roughly the size of a barge!

>buying in to the yolk jew conspiracy
u rly this dumb m8?

>b-b-b-b-but arteriosclerosis!!!!!

I don't give a fuck you vegan nigger. I run 70km a week, my arteries are OK.

I eat 4 eggs in the morning and 150grams of egg whites with it.

Yes I'm cutting, but damn do I love yolks

Kek, best math joke I've ever seen.

These yolks ain't loyal

But they taste delicious with salt and pepper! I always cut around them and let them explode in my mouth.

I don't count them a day because i may not have any one day but i usually eat about 24 a week.

>t. BIG LENNY

Wow there are still people eating eggs?
Doesn't everyone know it is one of the unhealthiest foods for humans?

What do people who only eat the eggwhite do with the yolk?
Throw it away? I don't think I could do that to food. What a waste.

>"HURR HURR I'M RETARDED"
>replies
What the fuck is wrong with your kind, nobody gives a shit. Why do you always have to respond to bait?

nutritionfacts.org/video/who-says-eggs-arent-healthy-or-safe/

>Choline from eggs increases risk of stroke, heart attack, and death
The same TMAO also produced by fiber, betaine, and ergothioneine and subject to interindividual variability depending on microbiota composition? Fasting levels (which aren't increased by eggs in healthy people) confounded by kidney function defects and (pre)diabetes and a mouse model given 1760 eggs worth of isolated choline. Wow choline really is just terrible for you!
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0021915098001324
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0021915076901064
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0140673612608137
stroke.ahajournals.org/content/42/1_suppl_1/S40.short

And let's just forget about the ~40% increased choline requirements athletes have, above the 550mg for normies which is already pretty hard to get without supplements
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8375373
thieme-connect.com/DOI/DOI?10.1055/s-2007-1024619
tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/07315724.1999.10718894
nejm.org/doi/pdf/10.1056/NEJM198610023151413
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/80/1/163.short

And how choline above the requirement enhances cognitive function, fetal brain development, and protects against mental disorders like schizophrenia and depression
journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1087054715593633
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/nbm.1281/abstract
scirp.org/journal/PaperInformation.aspx?PaperID=19921
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S030439401500138X
nature.com/articles/srep13188
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1043276014000289
ajp.psychiatryonline.org/doi/abs/10.1176/appi.ajp.2012.12070940
fasebj.org/content/26/8/3563.short

>egg consumption was positively related to mortality, more strongly so in diabetic subjects
In the PHS, where eggs are known to be associated with an unhealthy lifestyle and a western-pattern diet.

>We conclude that eggs consumption, in addition to its hypercholesterolemic effect
Don't seem hypercholesterolemic if you exercise
tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.3109/00365519109091637
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S095528630700277X

Exercise is known to stimulate bile synthesis and cholesterol utilization by muscles so this isn't unexpected
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1550413110004432
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/002191507990008X
bjsm.bmj.com/content/28/4/267
minervamedica.it/en/journals/sports-med-physical-fitness/article.php?cod=R40Y2004N02A0193
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0026049583901221
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1567568804906727
jap.physiology.org/content/103/4/1166.short
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0021915011008185

>increases plasma and LDL oxidizability, a phenomenon which was shown to enhance the progression of atherosclerosis. The atherogenic properties may contribute to the accelerated atherosclerosis prevalent in populations with high cholesterol intake.
*eggs overcooked because muh food safety
How bout dem overcooked plant fats?
cambridge.org/core/journals/british-journal-of-nutrition/article/div-classtitleoxidised-plant-sterols-as-well-as-oxycholesterol-increase-the-proportion-of-severe-atherosclerotic-lesions-in-female-ldl-receptorspan-classsup-span-micediv/F331C47835BA7433358421F86068AC16

>Even one egg a week increased the odds of Type 2 Diabetes by 76% compared to Case-control studies are observational in nature and thus do not provide the same level of evidence as randomized controlled trials. The results may be confounded by other factors, to the extent of giving the opposite answer to better studies. A meta-analysis of what were considered 30 high-quality studies concluded that use of a product halved a risk, when in fact the risk was, if anything, increased.[7][8] It may also be more difficult to establish the timeline of exposure to disease outcome in the setting of a case-control study than within a prospective cohort study design where the exposure is ascertained prior to following the subjects over time in order to ascertain their outcome status. The most important drawback in case-control studies relates to the difficulty of obtaining reliable information about an individual’s exposure status over time. Case-control studies are therefore placed low in the hierarchy of evidence.

ajcn.nutrition.org/content/101/5/1088

This guy wants eggs to be a safe food really, really bad.

Thank you for the shill posts. A payment has been deposited in your account. Sincerely, The American Egg Board.

>I get 0 mg of dietary cholesterol every day. I haven't had any since I became vegan.
Yeah nah unless you’re eating purely synthetic food plants contain cholesterol
pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ed082p1791

>>Your body, and especially your liver, makes all the cholesterol you need
Might not be true for athletes
ajpregu.physiology.org/content/294/6/R1901.short
jlr.org/content/50/1/81.abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25749911
fasebj.org/content/25/1_Supplement/lb563.short
fasebj.org/content/25/1_Supplement/lb594.short
fasebj.org/cgi/content/meeting_abstract/22/1_MeetingAbstracts/962.13
journals.lww.com/acsm-msse/Fulltext/2006/05001/Dietary_Cholesterol_Alters_Recovery_from_Eccentric.2506.aspx
journals.lww.com/acsm-msse/Fulltext/2007/05001/Effect_of_Dietary_Cholesterol_on_Muscle.1949.aspx
academic.oup.com/biomedgerontology/article/62/10/1164/568431/Statins-and-Dietary-and-Serum-Cholesterol-Are
nature.com/ijo/journal/v31/n6/full/0803549a.html

There's even a supplement HMB which acts as a precursor to cholesterol and prevents damage to muscle cell membranes from intensive exercise
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S095528639700048X
researchgate.net/publication/297381073_Effect_of_HMB_on_fuel_utilization_membrane_stability_and_creatine_kinase_content_of_cultured_muscle_cells
jap.physiology.org/content/89/4/1340.short
jap.physiology.org/content/81/5/2095.short
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0026049597902183

*tips tinfoil hat*

Half these fucking studies are unrelated. No one is going through all these when you can't even bother to find evidence to support your arguments.

What makes you say that? Your non-existent reading comprehension?

YOU'D BETTER RUN, EGG!

Brainwashed Veeky Forums idiots will still believe eggs are healthy. You could give them a thousand studies that show the opposite.

The fact that I clicked a link like

"Cholesterol availability modulates myoblast fusion."

How in the fuck does that support your assertion that athletes need dietary cholesterol?

>mfw a theee letter word triggers Veeky Forums autists harder than rejection

Projection, damage control, and empty claim. High quality counterargument.

Myonuclei donation is an important component of hypertrophy and the fusion step is augmented by cholesterol. It's a mechanistic study supporting the others. Concordant results from different approaches is often used in science to strengthen the underlying relationship.

Yes, but how does that relate to requiring dietary cholesterol?

Dietary cholesterol is known to be absorbed and incorporated into lipoproteins. Muscles take up the circulating cholesterol as shown in other studies. Then other studies linked have shown hypertrophy biomarkers in humans are augmented with dietary cholesterol administration, completing the link.