Dislocated collarbone at the sternum

>Dislocated collarbone at the sternum
>No push ups
>No OHP
>No bench press
>Nothing that puts strain on the shoulder
The joint will never heal.
If it dislocates inwards and compresses the arteries to my brain I could become a vegetable/die.

What upper body exercises can I do that keep the shoulder still?

I don't want to be dyel forever

consider suicide

You can get grab it and force it into place I've done it's brutally painful tho

You're fucked, sorry bro. Curls for biceps, static hold for forearms, and skull crushers for triceps if you can keep your shoulders still. Possible Tricep pulldowns, again, if you can have perform form. Triceps will be the hardest to train.

and do you lift after doing this? because I feel like if you force something into place with your hands, lifting is going to force it out of place pretty easy

I do almost every day, both before and after my injury.

It's been back in position for a few months now, thank you though.
It's a very very rare injury. How did you manage to heal? Was there surgery? How stable is the joint? How much functionality have you got back? There's almost no information online as it's so rare.

Thanks man, I'll make a list of suggested exercises

Just realised I can't work my upper chest either

how did you get the injury?

Seriously. Cuz I want to avoid this if possible.

I've been weightlifting regularly now but I've gone on a steady, slow progression. Really don't want to get injured.

How does this happened?

Just become a curlbro, biceps are the only muscle that girls care about, not even joking.

Also with time it probably will heal to the point where you can swim.

Become an absolute savage at squats and deadlifts, i mean why the fuck not?

I fell off a longboard going at 30km/h onto my shoulder. I landed on my side so I couldn't brace myself with my arms.

You'll never get this particular injury lifting. It's very rare and mainly happens during car crashes or impact sports like rugby.

>biceps are the only muscle that girls care about
I guess this will be the main muscle I can work on

Any ideas what I could do for pectoral muscles?

Shit that must have been painful and scary af. I think I would pass out from being freaked the fuck out if that happened to me.

Why were you going so fast? :(

>Any ideas what I could do for pectoral muscles?
Literally nothing. It all involves shoulder movement.
You can attempt to do decline dumbell bench but you'll need to look in to what form works best, and you'll have to do low weight high reps.

Surgery isn't an option?

>af

>Any ideas what I could do for pectoral muscles?
The pectoralis major has origin points on the clavicle. Anything that trains your chest will put stress on your clavicle. Try to find an exercise which targets your pectoralis MINOR if possible, and talk to your doctor. You can probably do high volume light chest exercises just to keep some strength, but you may never be able to do heavy chest exercises.

Become a sickening squatter dude what the shit, why are you even asking this question?

Just take roids.

>Shit that must have been painful and scary af
It wasn't too bad desu.
I laid on the floor for 10 minutes, felt fine, went to stand up to longboard home and noticed my left collarbone was broken in half trying to stab through my skin.

I didn't even notice my other collarbone was popping in and out of place during movement until 6 weeks later.

>longboarding

I know it might be contrary to popular belief, but have you tried doing dips?

Try doing them not going all the way down. I don't know how doable this will be for you, but it's all that's really left for chest that you might not have tried.

Experiment with different roms and see what works for you, if it does at all.

>Why were you going so fast? :(
Forgot to answer this in my previous post

Skateboards are for tricks at a park, longboards are for speed on roads and pavements.
I was travelling down a hill, I approached a corner and attempted to pass my friend. The ground was wet and the board whipped out underneath me. I should have bailed and just allowed myself to fall and roll, but I was too scared to do that.

Thanks for the information. I'll have to try things out and see what feels safe

It isn't.
The mortality rate of surgery is very high as there are nerves and major arteries just a few mm away from the joint.
I'm still researching and hoping that there's a technique to just sew my ligaments back together, but there doesn't seem to be.

Could I gain muscle mass whilst doing light / short range of motion exercises?

I'll try it. It could be hard as I have to check with the other hand that my collarbone isn't dislocating as I do it. I guess I'll put 60kg on the assisted dips and try see. Thanks user

Squats might be okay, but I'd have to go for high reps low weight.

Barberll curls are really underrated, if you progress with them your chest, shoulders and back will also grow.

Squats should be more than okay, if you do highbar squats they don't impact shoulders at all.

Im really sorry man.

I dislocated my knee on weekend and it made me suicidal for a few days.

There is plenty more to life more than having a strong chest. Look at what makes 40 year olds happy - its their kids and careers and fulfillment they are after.

That sucks man, will you recover fully?

>Look at what makes 40 year olds happy - its their kids and careers and fulfillment they are after.
I'm a 21yo kv. No career or job prospects. I never want kids, and I'd be surprised if I ever had the opportunity.

Thanks for trying to make me feel better though