How do you quit smoking without gaining weight?

how do you quit smoking without gaining weight?

don't eat more food than you normally do

c'mon chump in case you didn't know smoking increases your metabolism by 50% through-out the day

Replace the smoking habit with something.
Every time you get a craving, drink a glass of water.
Chew the gum, get a patch.
Vape instead, just don't be a fag and make it part of your identity. Do it outside and out of sight.

>smoking increases your metabolism
[citation needed]

You don't, use the weight gain to your advantage to make some sick gains

You won't but it's okay. It'll be easier to lose weight when you have full lung capacity .

IMO just focus on not smoking for next three months. Also don't drink.

Stop putting stuff in your mouth faggot

no it doesn't, it can lower insulin levels and decrease cravings for carbohydrates and sugary foods, it also increases reward center neurotransmitters which can decrease your desire to do so by natural means by ingesting foods. if you want to abstain from gaining weight caused by nicotine cessation, you can simply try to chew gum, and eat fibrous foods to fill you up. or drink water. it's the same thing you would tell an overweight person, the desire for food is easily avoidable, don't eat if you know you're not truly deprived. a craving for food is what? it's a minor sensation. doesn't even matter if it's overwhelming, you can ignore it. tell me it's hard, so what. it's avoidable.

Stop whining and just quit alright. Go for epic gains.

And I know how you feel bro, currently 5 months clean of the cancersticks after 15 years of smoking. So what if you gain a couple of pounds, fat is powerstorage, nothing more. Beats dying of cancer and coughing your lungs out every morning!

I stopped smoking 5 years ago and didn't see an increase in weight related to it.

You know why ex smokers get fat as fuck?
Because they stop smoking and start drinking more. Or eating more. Or both at the same time.
Just continue with your life like normally except the smoking part.
Feel like smoking? Drink a glass of water or something. You do feel heightened eating urges in the first few weeks, but it goes away after the body goes back to normal (to a non smokers body) after a month or so.

Read this.
Seriously just put your scepticism aside and fucking do it.

I quit a 20 a day habit and didn't replace nicotine with anything.

You've nothing to lose.

vape

>1. Be aware that smoking has been shown to raise metabolism by, conservatively, 7%, which has given you a nearly 200kcal surplus to work with daily. This ignores the fact it is a great appetite supressant.
>2. Taking the above into account, eyeball the calories you're consuming for a couple of months to ensure you don't overeat.
>3. If you haven't been smoking 20 fags daily the above is unlikely to be helpful and you were never a real smoker you three fag a day lightweight.

ME TOO! Seriously, that book works

i quit cold turkey after 8 years of smoking by exercising willpower. it's really not that fucking difficult.

Consider the following:

1x 25 pack = $19.45. 25 p/d = $19.45*2
$38.90 p/d * 365 = $14,198.50 p/y * 5y = $70,992.50.

In five years of smoking you could own a brand new car, have a house deposit or go on a great holiday. Plus you wont be at such a great disk of meeting the reaper early. Of course it'll change based on your country etc but the premise is the same. Think of the money you're setting on fire and blowing into smoke.

>What do you have to show for it?

can i get the tl;dr

Nice bait

>why deal with the hell that is DNP when you can just smoke lel

Where are you getting your numbers exactly? Realistic numbers for US would be about 1/7 of what you're quoting.

Still 10k in 5 years is nothing to scoff at, but 71k is outlandish.

>smoking a carton a day
dude what the fuck lol

/thread

calories out >= calories in

Some people smoke 40+/day

To be fair, DNP increases metabolism like x10.

Replace with strong black coffee

>quitting smoking
>not just cutting back so you can still make dht and test gains, improve the tone of your voice and boost your social status