What even are the benefits of fish oil for people who are already in shape?

What even are the benefits of fish oil for people who are already in shape?

Seems like the ultimate meme supplement if you ask me.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17045070/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Several sources of information suggest that human beings evolved on a diet with a ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 essential fatty acids (EFA) of approximately 1 whereas in Western diets the ratio is 15/1-16.7/1. Western diets are deficient in omega-3 fatty acids, and have excessive amounts of omega-6 fatty acids compared with the diet on which human beings evolved and their genetic patterns were established. Excessive amounts of omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) and a very high omega-6/omega-3 ratio, as is found in today's Western diets, promote the pathogenesis of many diseases, including cardiovascular disease, cancer, and inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, whereas increased levels of omega-3 PUFA (a low omega-6/omega-3 ratio) exert suppressive effects. In the secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease, a ratio of 4/1 was associated with a 70% decrease in total mortality. A ratio of 2.5/1 reduced rectal cell proliferation in patients with colorectal cancer, whereas a ratio of 4/1 with the same amount of omega-3 PUFA had no effect. The lower omega-6/omega-3 ratio in women with breast cancer was associated with decreased risk. A ratio of 2-3/1 suppressed inflammation in patients with rheumatoid arthritis, and a ratio of 5/1 had a beneficial effect on patients with asthma, whereas a ratio of 10/1 had adverse consequences. These studies indicate that the optimal ratio may vary with the disease under consideration. This is consistent with the fact that chronic diseases are multigenic and multifactorial. Therefore, it is quite possible that the therapeutic dose of omega-3 fatty acids will depend on the degree of severity of disease resulting from the genetic predisposition. A lower ratio of omega-6/omega-3 fatty acids is more desirable in reducing the risk of many of the chronic diseases of high prevalence in Western societies, as well as in the developing countries, that are being exported to the rest of the world.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12442909

Fish oil is a meme. Canned mackerel is the real thing.

>brb getting my weekly dose of omega 3 from one serving while you gobble down your 20 pills a day to get the same effect

>Brb developing mercury poisoning

>take fish oil
>swim gains +3

just eat fish every week and you're good

Get fucking rekt faggot

nice source

>1500+ mg of omega 3 in 3 ounces of mackerel
>take 2 1500 omega 3 pills

this is why you arent going to make it

>ounces
What the fuck is this arbitrary unit? The brand I buy is 5 grams of omega 3 (3.5 grams EPA+DHA) per 100 grams.

every omega 3 sup or fish oil I look into has allergenics that would trigger my seafood allergy. what's the alternative for me?

Flax seeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds.

I'm sure someone will bitch about the flax seeds containing phytoestrogens but unless you eat pounds of flax seeds a day you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

I'm sure there are other options on amazon that won't trigger any allergic response but I'd rather go the whole food route.

Tuna semen

I only take DHA 400mg, is there a problem with this?

>source: mackerel.co

Here you go if you faggots care so much about sources: fishchoice.eu

the amount of omega-3 you receive from taking fish oil pills is negligible and ultimately useless. just eat fish.

The best is to alternate between fish, red meat and white meat.

you should take your fish oil from green pasture. Expensive shit tho

Are there any general supps worth buying? Multis?

algae oil

D3 if you don't get much sunlight. Zinc maybe? Multi s are a scam

>Instructions say to take 1-3 a day
Well how many should I take? My roommate doesn't like fish so I don't eat it as often as I should.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17045070/

but seriously,

has anyone ACTUALLY noticed a difference with taking fish oil?

Is lwering your LDL cholesterol a meme?

>already in shape
what do you consider being in shape?

seems like you just want to look the part but not have an efficient brain and colon.

fuck your website and fuck you.
I hope you die.

Even of you're getting sunlight, it's never really going to be good enough. Supplementing D3 is good for most since most are deficient in it, just make sure you're getting enough K-2 to go along with it (leafy greens or supplements) to prevent calcification in your arteries.
Zinc as well. I'm pretty certain most of the nofap memery comes from idiots experiencing proper zinc levels for the first time ever

>multis are a scam

prove it

do your zinc levels increase if you dont jack off?

I've had a noticeable positive difference in mental health since eating more fish and fish oil.

It's good, I notice a few improvements in my sleep schedule and other things. Not the FIX ALL pill that people claim it to be

Semen needs a ton of zinc, so jacking off pulls a good amount from you. If you combine it with a low zinc diet, which is pretty common in today's world, it's easy to become deficient

No. Its for health.

It gives me harder erections so there is that.

>buy cheap low quality shit, do zero research
>FISH OIL IS A SCAM U GUYS, INFA 100%

you people are funny sometimes