Creatine...can someone fill me in on if it's really worth using after a workout?

Creatine...can someone fill me in on if it's really worth using after a workout?

I keep hearing conflicting statements on it.

After?

Use it everyday and you will see the effects of it in about a week.

You don't have to use it after, you can take it at any time of the day and you will get the full effects.

It is worth using. But its hard to demonstrate why.

(these numbers are arbitrary for the sake of making the point)
Imagine creatine adds 1% to each workout. That 1% isn't noticeable on a short term scale. But over years that compounds to make a big difference compared to having not used creatine.

so don't expect to "feel" it working.

rub it on your scalp for better absorption

Are we really talking about a 1% increase? If so I'm not even going to bother. Obviously it's no miracle supplement but the money doesn't seem worth it for something that doesn't seem to have many benefits...

I would say it's more than 1%.

But as user states earlier. it's not something you "feel working."
The effects are long term

Creatine is scientifically proven to increase rate of muscle gain and hair loss.
Expect ~7% increase.

get a non flavored creatine monohydrate and throw it in your favorite drink but dont throw it in water or else youll just piss it out. youll gain water weight for the first week but after that its 100 percent worth it. creatine is not a meme

Creatine is one of the least expensive supplements on the market and has been shown to increase muscle size and strength when paired with weight training.

Tl;dr: is worth.

>(these numbers are arbitrary for the sake of making the point)

But water is my favorite drink

Somebody post that image of .99 to the 365th power, and 1.01 to the 365th power. We need to make user think.

Water is fine, just like any liquid. People thought you had to take it with sugar and cycle it and that it would lead to hairloss and taht you'd need a loading phase with higher doses. THIS IS ALL BULLSHIT. Just drink it right away, afaik it dissovles otherwise (might be a myth too).

I started using creatine and it added 1/8 inch to my biceps in a week.

It's worth it senpai.

I take 5g (one scoop) before and 5g after, and I get monohydrate. It's less expensive, and many consider it to be of higher quality.

Trips confirm. Don't expect to feel or see any enormous changes.

Also, with creatine, only use it if you're gonna really push yourself at the gym. It doesn't do shit for you if all you do is cardio, or if you don't really push your limits. If you are pushing it, creatine WILL make a difference.

And after a year or two you will see the effects on your hair.

this. Most people argue the whole hair loss thing is a meme but its not. I dont take creatine anymore because my hair was literally shedding and thinning out so rapidly it was kind of concerning. Now my hair is fine, but seriously man fuck that shit it destroys hair gains

Before I started creatine I was completely exhausted by the end of my workout. Sometimes to the point of nausea and shaking, and not being able to complete the workout. After I started using creatine regularly I feel much better after my workouts. Sometimes even do some extra accessory shit just because. For me it was the difference between feeling like shit and feeling like a god powering through my workout.

Do I need to take creatine on my rest day for it to still work?

yes. everyday. essentially your muscles need a constant supply, it doesn't matter when you take it i.e before or after a work out what only matters is that it's there for your muscles

Lol it costs me 10$ for a tub of creatine that lasts me 2 months, if you can't afford that you shouldn't be lifting or you're just an idiot who doesn't buy supps online when they're on clearance price

I'm already bald so this isn't a big deal

from what i have gathered here is a very non-scientific summary of how it works

when you work out you get a build up of lactic acid in the muscles, causing them to feel tired and making it harder to move them. basically creatine helps to hold more water in your muscles so the lactic acid doesnt build up so fast.

meaning that you can an extra few reps each time you work out. this correlates into a long term gain because 3 extra reps per workout x 5 workouts a week = 15 extra reps x 10 weeks= 150 extra reps you wouldnt have been able to take if we werent jacked on creatine.

idk about hair loss or any of that shit, to me if you start losing you hair just shave it and get over it

This

Shaved head is most alpha hair style if youre over 25 anyways

Same here. I've been taking creatine for about 2 weeks now and I noticed I don't get burned out nearly as fast during workouts

Alright thanks, guess I'll have a protein shake w/creatine on my off day too.

Second that. It don't cost shit compared to protein sources (if you decide to increase uptake).

who is this gains goblin???

>This fucking meme

Once again, Creatine will just speed up the inevitable. If you have the balding gene, you will bald faster. Doesnt make a person that doesnt have the gene bald.

It definitely works

No idea m8. I lurked one of the threads on this dolphin training forum and found it. Naturally saved it for r-research purposes.

I know that I started taking creatine when I started to cut 3 months ago and have not suffered loss of strength in any of my lifts. I've even seen slight gains in some accessory lifts. I've heard it's better to cycle creatine. Gonna keep taking it until my cut is done. Still got 20 pounds to go.

STPeaches

Some quick reverse searching and digging tells me it's a twitch streamer STPeach

god bless lmao

more like THOTTIE of the day amirite

It only does that via increasing test and dht, lifting will do that. If you are afraid of losing your hair that way go drink lots of soy milk.

Probably necessary for people who don't eat enough red meat.

I've been using it for about a month and don't really notice any affect at all. I did a 1 week loading phase of 10g/day and then switched to 5g a day. Not sure if I will buy more when I run out.

Some people don't get any effect from creatine

Don't take creatine with milk, because just like with medicine it negates the effect of it

I used it for a month or two, definitely seen a noticable increase, at least 10%. However, I'd sometimes get headaches almost immediately after taking it, and I'd get out of breath significantly faster, even on a brisk walk. After I stopped taking it, the breath thing stopped 1 or 2 days after.
Might've been blood pressure related, I've read that creatine increases it. (I drank enough water too)

Weird breh

But it tastes like chemicals if you don't hide it in the milk

Not if you get flavored

Creatine will help you retain water, which is good for muscles. It mostly works only after a few days though, usually most people just get a kick off the caffeine usually included in the dosage.

You're looking at a 5-10%(10% being the absolute top), I can tell a noticable difference with it and it does help if you are on a cut.

>idk about hair loss or any of that shit, to me if you start losing you hair just shave it and get over it

Many people have stated before in creatine threads, as well as other places is that all it could do is accelerate your loss if you were going to lose it anyways.

What does it do and why should I use it?

It's the best supplement you can use by far

quick description, it makes the energy process that your muscles use for anaerobic activity more efficient.
lifting weights is anaerobic activity
creatine can, to a small degree, improve your performance in lifting weights

it's cheap, safe, and extremely accessible.
basically every reputable source, with or without something to gain from it, says that creatine is a pretty safe bet in supplements.

This

>implying that's how it works

It doesn't really dissolve well unless the water is hot. I like to either put it in coffee or hot water that I brew through my Keurig.

May be dehydration caused by greater muscular water retention and renal function
I'd up water intake

placebo.
i used to take creatine daily for 9 months. stopped and noticed no difference

That you body wich Adapter to you workout.

For me i always had headaches After takinh it and didnt notice any gains at all.

Any way to know beforehand if I will be subject to hairloss ?

Seems pretty solid otherwise but I value my hair very much.

Look at your father and grandfather

but what happens once i stop taking creatine?

The lactic acid thing might be a tiny side effect. Creatine is part of the biochemical pathway that your muscles use for energy in the first few reps of exercise. After that, they switch to a more sustainable pathway, but the extra creatine helps you do more work and recover faster for those first few reps. That's why it doesn't do anything for cardio.

Well, my father is 54 and has as much hair as I do (lots) but both my grandfathers are balding (one of them since a young age (in his 20's), the other one I don't know, seen him like three times in my life, lol).

Both my parents, my sisters and I have tons of hair though, so I'm not really worried about losing it naturally but I would hate to lose it for 5% more gains.

If I see my hair thinning/receding can I just stop and it will get back to normal or will I be forever fucked ?

once you stop taking creatine the effects stop quickly after a week

Mirin brah

I really wanted to try it out but kept reading about balding
I just ordered some, going to start using it next week and see how it goes
At the first signs of balding if any I'll stop taking it

>tfw already bald so decided to try creatine
>tfw after 2 weeks I can get more reps in and I get way less of a burn in my muscles when doing higher reps

It definitely does something guys