/plg/ powerlifting general

Are you competing and when edition

Other urls found in this thread:

bodyrecomposition.com/training/back-extension-technique.html/
youtu.be/DzMiZhP-ncM
instagram.com/p/BLXs9fwA9EE/?taken-by=kyriakosgrizzly
startingstrength.com/article/into-the-great-wide-open-the-texas-method-and-5-3-1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for competing with friends is comfiest

Hey /plg/, what core/abs exercises can I add for assistance cause I feel like I'm having core problems.

Difference between a narrow stance deadlift and slightly wider in terms of ease/mechanics/sticking points etc?

Literally the difference from just inside shoulder width to just outside shoulder width.

WAWTT senpai? Pic related, doing day 1 today

Competing at the end of next month

I'm competing for a highly competitive job next month

Jiplog keeps posting sexualized images of children in the discord

Someone ban him

I'm day 12 of Layne's PH3. Either my back is going to give out or I'll make some great gains desu. Really enjoying the first block even though it's pretty hard.

what is that? looks like low volume on lower lifts

Ab wheel, hanging leg raises, dragonflags, weighted decline crunches.

>he uses a squat rack
>he doesn't freeform squat
How memey do you have to be I freeform 400 and squat rack 600 don't be a pussy

your feet should generally always be inside shoulder width

i see so many girls with awful form because their hips are wider than their shoulders and they end up with hands way out

inb4 brian shaw!! hes fucking huge, no one here is near his size, dont point out an anomaly

getting it off the floor is harder and the transition to lockout becomes awkward because of the wider grip, where the legs arent fully out like sumo the narrow grip becomes more awkward

BPU qualifier 28th may

I'm strugglin a bit with the leg raises. No weight I can do a set of 12, but I cant add a single kilogram without dropping to 3.

ab wheel, front squats, planks

what are 'core' problems? be more specific.

and what are you doing for your core at the moment? do you have a basic ab and lower back movement? are you working your hip flexors? will you be carrying objects unilaterally and thus need direct oblique work?

I made it, it's overall higher intensity and lower volume. Originally made it for myself because I was going to do a meet 6 weeks after PM, but decided not to. Fat Retard asked for something to do for his meet, so I gave it to him.

I've literally never added weight to hanging leg raises, so I don't know what to tell you there. Maybe try a different ab exercise.

Not sure if this is a stupid question or not but is there anything wrong with running SS style squats like twice a week and just go for three times a week if I'm feeling good that day?

Also about core work as mentioned above, do I need dynamic core work? Right now I just hollow body holds

For OHP my back will easily arch itself more than I want and I cant keep my ribcage down.

For squats I have a very slow ascent even with bounce.

For deadlifts it's always failure due to lower back failing to stay straight rather than inability to get bar off the floor.

I've done a lot of practice regarding bracing, but I still don't feel as if it's helping. Also some other user claimed that since I don't feel my legs doing shit during squats, and the weight just feels like the full body strain even with lower weights it indicates core weakness. He might be full of shit though. Figured I could at least try doing more assistance for my core for a while and see what happens.

>Not sure if this is a stupid question or not but is there anything wrong with running SS style squats like twice a week and just go for three times a week if I'm feeling good that day?

sure, you don't need to squat 3x/week to make progress

>Also about core work as mentioned above, do I need dynamic core work? Right now I just hollow body holds
yes. isometrics will only get you so far. if you want growth beyond beginner gains, do dynamic core work.

and pls nobody post some weightlifter doing a dragon flag and saying ''lol but he got stronk from isometrics!!''

add in back extensions every workout

thank me later

i squat twice a week, once for a 1-3RM in a squat variation and the other day is box squat with 70-85% for 10x2

going well so far

stop using the term 'core'

do posterior chain work, build your glutes and your hamstrings as well as your lumbar, back extensions, good mornings, concentric good mornings, the good mornings will work the thoracic as well, and the concentric will get your abs hard and teach you proper bracing because the bar wont budge otherwise

this is good advice too, although i wouldn't do a good morning even if someone paid me to. im biased against them.

rdl + ghr for me always

back extensions + direct knee flexion if i dont have access to a ghr

They always seemed a bit weird to me. How are they anything except a hamstring exercise?

He not tho and hes a mod

depends how you do them

>bodyrecomposition.com/training/back-extension-technique.html/

>Low pad position +rounded back = spinal erectors, glutes, hams all worked dynamically
>Low pad + flat back = spinal erectors worked isometrically, hams/glutes worked dynamically
>High pad + rounded back = spinal erectors worked dynamically, glutes/hams isometrically

ideally number 3 is what you want. get your glute/ham work from other movements.

Alrighty then. Thank you.

Please tell me he failed this rep.

It looks like he failed this rep, I kind of want to know i'm right that he failed this rep.

Please help me.

anyone have that texas method template for powerlifting?

Terror attack in islet's hometown hope he's ok

Just make one yourself.

yeh but i remember someone posting a comfy one on here

Nope. He divebombed so hard he got the first third of the lift from momentum and stretch reflex alone. After that he performed his signature knee-clap™ to hoist the weight up. What an athlete

fuck TM, do cuckols

i dont know what that is

ok how does this look?

Volume Day:
Squats 5x5
Bench 5x5
RDL 3x5
Pendlay rows 3x5

Light Day:
Squats (light) 2x5
Press 3x5/3x3 (alternate light/heavy)
Weighted chins : 3x5

Squats 1x5
Bench 1x5
Deadlift 1x3

greg nuckols' programs

Pretty normal. I'd move pendlays to ID though, VD is tough enough as it is.

Today I squatted 390, benched 320, diddly 420 at a Bw of 193. Should I compete? Also are my numbers decent?

June 11th and i get to use a meme noodle bar

Bench 3x week
Weighted dip middle day

I can't do extensions because no EZ bar yet, should I just do a few sets of bodyweight dips on my other two days for more triceps work?

Yes compete bby

Are those pounds or kilograms

>be kind of a deadlift monkey
>do doubles @ 85%
>all sets are Joe tier unaesthetic and slow
Might have to switch to sheiko adv just so I can pull more often Tbh

American pounds. Lbs.

Are you retarded? If it was kgs, he'd be an obese record holder.

Pretty sure he'd have to be Kirill if those were kilograms

I just for a fairly recent eleiko bar very good condition, I've noticed because of the humidity here it's starting to rust on the knurl pretty quick.

If I clean this off, will it be shiny again underneath? It's just on the coating right?

Do I use a synthetic or steel brush? Finally, do I need to use oil to clean the rust off? If I brush it, nothing happens.

I'm retarded at this

Kek

>mfw after a session of solid squats

>that first sip of magically disappearing strawberry jam of the day

My bench is all wobbly and uneven and I can't focus today. What gives?

>when your squat plug drops out and you need to look for it

Hey did u did cuckols 2x int dl?

>when the dudebro wears knee wraps and squats 175 above depth

What are your maxes now and what were your maxes in august?

Yes. If you pull sumo, keep the opposite stance. If you pull conventional, replace it with a variation. I like paused deadlifts myself, but YMMV.

is it possible to do deficit deadlifts at 6'7 without snibbedy snep

How is possible for an adult male to be so weak that he can't even progress to 2xBW deadlift within a few weeks?
Is that was being a GDE feels like?

There are girls, no women, girls out there that lift that easily for reps.

b-but user i'm not a manlet

What does that have to do with anything? This is such a low level of strength, leverages shouldn't come into play at all at that level.

>2xBW

so I should be able to deadlift over 5 plate within a few weeks? Woooo

>leverages
lol what? they exist if you're lifting the fucking bar alone you boosted ape

Calm down friends, I am one of yours.

But yes, if you weigh that much, 5 pl8 deadlift should be possible in a few months, no? Definitely in less than a year.

Sure, leverages make it easier, but even with shitty ones you should be able to simple muscle of such weight.

fuck off retard

Its easy when youre tiny and only weigh 60 kg. Its different when youre closer to 100kg

>a few weeks
>a few months
>less than a year

jesus bud make up your mind

Okay. 10 months.

We agree on that? That's generous.

Wirzi pulled 380. 380 guys.

How do I make my deadlift not shit again? Can't get into position properly it feels like and have like no explosivity out the hole

In August? Like 330/275/405 (guesstimated). Now? Hoping to get 405/330/470-490

>falling for this retarded 2/10 bait
wew

Am I hitting depth? Also, if I can squat like this and do 142,5kg for 5 reps, how wrong am I deadlifting to only manage 130kg for 5?
>tfw not smart enough for deadlift

youtu.be/DzMiZhP-ncM

Ok what were your gains like? And how many days between the 2 should there be?

>bait
What's frog pulling? What's his training age?

>142,5kg for 5 reps
>video says 100kg

which one is it lad?

also, my squats higher that my dl too. I choose to be happy I have a good squat and dont worry

On last friday I did 142,5kg, but I didn't videotape it, so I videotaped 100kg today because I could not do 142,5kg today you know.

The difference between my squat and dl is that with squat I can use glutes, hamstrings and quads and I just jump back up again, but on dl I just don't have the power, every rep is slow.

Are you retarded? You're obviously going to have better form when doing submax weight for a given amount of reps. Record a heavy set and then come back for feedback.

Btw, yes you are hitting depth here.

>high squattters can usually squat deep pretty well with the bar

Hey bros when I do a highbar squat when coming out of the hole my arms start to go forward sort of like a front squat. How do I stop doing that

Well yes, but I wanted to know if I needed to go lower before I try my next intensity day..

Ok, it feels the same so then I think I go low enough with higher weight as well.

How much power do you actually get on the bar during deadlift setup to "pull the slack out"?
It must be something like 40kg for me.

Is that too little? Is there actually supposed to be a reasonable force on the bar?
Isn't it just some lats bracing that creates the force??

Does it hinder your ability to lift it? If not, why worry? If yes. I dunno. Maybe focus on flexing your lats.

fuck you rippletits leg press is great

GDE that posted about having a shitty squat session yesterday. Tried leg press for the first time in months and I swear to god my fucking legs still feel pumped up.

pumped up yeah
but will it help your actual skwats?

>listening to rippetoe

we'll find out tomorrow
I don't like machine work in general, regardless of Rippetoe, but I'm coming to the conclusion that he is (and I was) dead fucking wrong about the leg press

just be careful you don't explode your hips bro

I recommend hex bar pulls instead if you have one available, it's functionally the same thing except you're not locked to a potentially harmful plane of motion.

instagram.com/p/BLXs9fwA9EE/?taken-by=kyriakosgrizzly

okay fags whos up for a challange

wish I did, but I don't
I haven't needed to do much leg accessory work. any other accessories that you might recommend? any experience with like split squats?

I just do whats on Sheiko, i.e. leg press (hex bar lift) and leg extensions

Which of these is most autistic to listen to while lifting?
>nasheed remixes
>spooky chopped and screwed
>power electronics of the neo-nazi variety
>powerviolence
>classical
>turbofolk
>russian hard bass

>tfw I listen to nasheed, classical and hardbass
I also listen to folk and folk-metal.

>mfw I listen to all of them

What is you guys take on this?
>startingstrength.com/article/into-the-great-wide-open-the-texas-method-and-5-3-1

"I think Texas Method is inappropriate for most, and that 5/3/1 is one of the worst programs available. So, what do I think the intermediate should do? My recommendation is the 4-day Upper/Lower Split found in Practical Programming for Strength Training."

I think American programs are shit and only work if you are a drugaroo or beginner Tbh

Gad Saad's the Saad Truth podcasts

Isley, what you think about this?

Not enjoying this RTS meme desu

>startingstrength.com/article/into-the-great-wide-open-the-texas-method-and-5-3-1

its true

TM is for dedicated people with good genetics that can focus on their thing and dont really do a lot of other sports only train their strenght

5/3/1 is stalling your gains

lower/upper split is perfect for athlethes

Holy fuck that's a long article

>and that 5/3/1 is one of the worst programs available.
yeah this is definitely true

>I think Texas Method is inappropriate for most
Controversial, but since he also says
>Texas Method as written is a young man’s program

Adn that's basically everyone here, it's fine for most non GDEs here.

But his other suggestion is probably fine too. It's not that important.