Lol, do u guys count the bar?

A girl on my facebook posted she benches 57.5kg....which made me feel small as im only just at 40kg....so arrange to meet her at gym...she chucks 37,5kg on and starts benching...."oh ur doing a warm up" says i. i put on my 1 plate on next bench....push my set out...she carries on doing 4 more sets....i ask her why she isnt doing her 57kg she says she is... 18+ 18 plus bar.....wtf u counting bar for?
She then proceed to ask ppl at gym if u count the bar.....most people say yes...
Wtf?!?!! The bar is standard weight...u cant lift without it...why would u include it? Do u weigh the safety clips too?
I will never count the bar now so when a guy says he can lift less than 20kg more than me i know i can lift more if we hit gym together...

>Do u weigh the safety clips too?

only for ohp and bench

>he doesn't count the clips
well you are lifting them, aren't you?

so when you bench the bar alone you're benching 0kg?

why do you count 1 of the plates? its the same as bar so it shouldn't count imo. so if a guy says he can lift 40kg more than me i know i cant lift that too if we hit gym together...

Yeah, clips are best microloading.

i bench 315lb at 180lb bodyweight and i count the bar

nice meme you got there

i only discovered it recently. thought people might get pissed off with me putting six clips on the bar but nobody's said anything so far.

So hol up
If you only count the plates, how do you calculate for db press?
That is, say you were only able to bench the bar, what about benching dumbbells that weighed less than the bar together?
Would you consider them negative weight?

dude no way that pic is real

Will this kind of threads ever stop or will there always be some guys taking the bait

I say the weight it says....20kgs are 20kgs....i dont add them together..i say the weight im adding to my lift....if im lifting 20 on db incine, i ask for the 20s...if gym buddy is loading by barbell i dont say...i want 60kg minus the bar...
I am genuinely shocked im in minority.

dude your bench is shit, maybe you should listen to the people who actually know what they're doing cause they all count the bar.

also lmao thinking you're big cause you bench 2.5kg more than a girl

If its the same gym i just say the plates weight, if outside i count the bar because it might differ from place to place.

well, big shock, my bar only weights 12,5kg...what now? when i dont count the bar my lifts are not correctly stated... not everyone has an oly bar at home

Eat shit for making me reply.

Outside the autistic world of Veeky Forums, where the official measurement is based on 45lbs/20kg plates, people use the mass total for object, meaning they do weight everything, in all pro/official competitions the bar and the collars (these fucking fagots calling them safety clips) have an specific and regulated weight.

Most humans can adapt their speach and fill in the lack or different forms of information regarding the complex social interactions, i see that you cannot.
So go around people spouting your assburguerism calling everything you lift 1/2 pl8, 1 pl8 and so on.

no wai....dood. omg tht chick...is craz. u shold...slap her and then fucking kill yourself for typing that that

KEK this is obviously op's autist logic

brb going to create a kickstarter
>10lbs sturdy barbell
>since bar doesnt count all top level lifters suddenly raise their max lifts by 15lbs
>2017 will be known as year when all lifting record got broken
>i will be in Time magazine, being asked on my path to glory

Nice job swallowing the bait.